What's up with the empty "GOTY 2014 Users Choice" lists?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I'm really confused by what's going on with those lists. At first I thought it's just the usual spam from spam bots, but the lists are also appearing on profiles from users that are definitely real now.

Here's said list on my profile.

These lists can't be edited or deleted (the option doesn't even show up) and are frankly just real annoying.

I thought it might have something to do with @thatfrood's post for the community GOTY, through a script he wrote, while @beachthunder proposed it might be because of the broken mess that was the official "What did we miss" GB vote.

Anyone know what's happening?

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I have the same thing on mine now, but it is letting me edit it. Just put a few random games on there as a test.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Okay yeah, they seem to be editable now for some reason, but they still can't be deleted. It's weird.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the "official" way GB will come up with a community GOTY list sometime later this week for us to fill.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the "official" way GB will come up with a community GOTY list sometime later this week for us to fill.

That sounds fun! I hope it's something like that.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

There should be an announcement about this very soon, don't worry its not a bug or anything like that.