#1 Posted by StarvingGamer (8008 posts) -

I just noticed this, all the images I had on the old site are now gone. It's a bit of a bummer as I didn't have backups of a few of them that I would have liked to have kept like some avatar stuff that I switch between now and again.

I tried to find another thread on this topic but couldn't, so I don't know if it's just me or what. I did a quick look at a few other users and they all had images dating back a few years so it's clearly not a universal thing.

#2 Edited by Catarrhal (820 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: Same thing happened to me, which I first noticed during the beta site. Any images I've posted in the forums or uploaded to wiki pages are still intact, but they cannot be accessed through my profile directly. My profile is blank--zero images… but they're definitely still here, somewhere.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36025 posts) -

I have an odd variant. Images I uploaded from the old site show up in my galleries just fine, but a lot of my older blogs just have that generic "we couldn't load the image" square in place of an actual image.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -

Yeah, some of my blogs and reviews have broken images in them now for no good reason. Shiznit got messed up in the transfer over I think.

#5 Posted by Spoonman671 (4562 posts) -

Oh, are they not supposed to be gone? I just assumed that was the way things were.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11702 posts) -

Oh, are they not supposed to be gone? I just assumed that was the way things were.

Yep, it's a feature not a bug :P