#1 Edited by fetchfox (1260 posts) -

As the title says, almost whenever I post an answer on something the text will slow down at a certain amount. This usually happens after writing a few sentences. The text needs to catch up and backspace or delete takes even longer. It does NOT seem to happen when writing a topic (like now), but only when posting in another topic. I've tested to see if the text slows down on other sites at the same time as here, but it's only on Giantbomb that the problem manifests. So what could be causing this? I'm on Windows 7, using Chrome.

#2 Posted by Rorie (2858 posts) -

@fetchfox: What kind of system specs are you running? Does this happen in any other browser than Chrome? Is it just new topics, or does it happen for things like blogs, reviews, etc?

Staff
#3 Posted by Humanity (9062 posts) -

@rorie said:

@fetchfox: What kind of system specs are you running? Does this happen in any other browser than Chrome? Is it just new topics, or does it happen for things like blogs, reviews, etc?

This happens to me also, and I'm on a pretty hefty desktop PC with an SSD running Chrome. After writing a few paragraphs the cursor and text start to lag where it's very difficult to edit what you've written.

I've also encountered a strange bug where if I'm press CTRL-I to start writing in italics and then promptly begin backspace deleting part of what I wrote, everything that was in italics turns to bold and there's no way to un-bold it short of deleting everything and re-writing it. But I have a hard time re-creating this as it doesn't happen consistently, or I just haven't deciphered the pattern.

#4 Edited by fetchfox (1260 posts) -

@rorie: Windows 7 on SSD, i5-2500K 3,3 GHz, Geforce GTX 570, 8GB RAM.

I've only noticed it when posting in a regular topic. I does not seem to happen when commenting on a video, and I haven't noticed it on blogs nor reviews (though I haven't tested that as rigorously). I have also not tested it in other browser.