Xbox One Microsoft Edge Issue

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I realize that this may be a problem that only a few of us or maybe even myself have, but nonetheless here it is.

I often use the Microsoft edge app on my Xbox one to watch giant bomb videos. It appears that sends the beta has been launched for the new video player I am no longer able to watch videos in this manner. Prior to the beta being released I could use the app the same way as it would on a PC. Now, instead of the preview image for the video a black box is displayed stating "Please use a flash video capable browser to watch videos".

Again, I realize that this may be an issue that only affects a small portion of people but I am still curious as to whether or not this can be fixed.

Is it that HTML5 is not usable in the Microsoft edge app? Or is the issue that in order to load the beta a flash overlay has been produced causing an incompatibility with the app?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I had the same problem last night but I started a video on my tablet with the new player and then refreshed the page on the XBox and it worked.

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@kingpk: so you essentially had the video on the Xbox "resume"?

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I had the same issue as well. I had to trigger the beta video player on another video, then go back to the one I originally wanted to watch and it worked.

lakeport_abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Hey, I had the same issue, but it seemed to only happen with premium videos. On the Xbox Edge app go to a non premium video and the player will have an option to opt into the beta. Click that then go back to the video you want to watch and it should be sweet!

Hope this helps. I personally love watching the videos on my tv, and this seems to be the easiest way for me. So you're not alone!

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I also experience this, as I enjoy watching Giantbomb.com on my TV. Any upvoting to help the cause is something I can get behind. I experienced difficulty in non-premium as well. It started working really well for a couple months, I'd hate to see it no work again. VinnyVania is best enjoyed on the couch with dog in hand!!!!!!

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

same here