Xbox One not playing Giantbomb Videos

rookiea90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello! I don't usually post on boards, but I wanted to inform you there is a issue playing videos from the site on my Xbone. When I go to giantbomb to play a video, it pops back a "please use a browser that supports flash or html 5". The funny thing is when I put the settings to display giantbomb in the mobile format, the videos work. I don't know if this is a error on your end or microsofts. I also don't know if I am a isolated incident or a issue all xbones have. This just started happening a week or so ago. Thanks and hope this helps!

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that's something brought up a live show several weeks ago of how the engineers decided to flat out block things from working on console browsers because they were unable to implement them. Damn shame, because these videos worked just fine on my PS4.

Pretty sure that I also had the ability to listen to podcasts via it. Meanwhile, the other HTML5 sites work just fine.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah..it's a shame, I was snapping quicklooks all the time while playing Ass 4 or DR3...too bad.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hello! I don't usually post on boards, but I wanted to inform you there is a issue playing videos from the site on my Xbone. When I go to giantbomb to play a video, it pops back a "please use a browser that supports flash or html 5". The funny thing is when I put the settings to display giantbomb in the mobile format, the videos work. I don't know if this is a error on your end or microsofts. I also don't know if I am a isolated incident or a issue all xbones have. This just started happening a week or so ago. Thanks and hope this helps!

What I've taken to doing in this instance is subscribing to the youtube channel, and then using that app on the Xbone or PS4. Only downside is no premium content, but at least you can get QL's and Bombin' the AM's

rookiea90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rookiea90

@ottoman673: I know for me that when I checked the setting to use mobile pages (it should be in the settings) the videos loaded fine on IE. You can get premium content that way!...Or maybe things magically got fixed on my end. One or the other haha