You can specify the reasons for flagging a post on articles/videos, but not forums.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee
No Caption Provided

It's been this way for forever and I think it's long overdue that forum posts receive the same degree of granularity for flagging as every other segment of the site. As is when you flag a forum post it just marks it as flagged without any opportunity to provide a reason behind it.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah, I agree. I avoid flagging anything but obvious spam for this specific reason.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

@mirado said:

Yeah, I agree. I avoid flagging anything but obvious spam for this specific reason.

You don't need to - we want people to flag stuff, it helps us a great deal. Besides, the "Custom Reason" is a relatively new development, and we always review the context of the flagged item before taking any action anyway. For a long time there was only a flag button and nothing else. We're used to it.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mike: Oh, ok. I wasn't sure if something I'd flag for unmarked spoilers would get misconstrued as if I thought the guy was a malicious asshole (rather than just an accident), but if you're already prepped to handle that kind of differentiation, I feel quite a bit better about hitting that button.