#1 Posted by PaulKemp (109 posts) -

Fellow duders,

When streaming I get the best performance by far with using youtube. Youtube stays in HD quality, but html5 and streaming both stutter on HD. This could be since I'm streaming to Europe and maybe the amazon servers are located in the US. I don't know.

Youtube streaming is not available on prem content. Probably due to the lack of authentication on youtube? I dont know.

Now, I'm ending up with a premium quality on the normal content, and a lesser experience on the premium content. Any one else with comments or experiences with this?

#2 Edited by Nightriff (4913 posts) -

Use the download option and that should give you good quality. It is what I use when youtube isn't available because I too have bad luck with streaming, progressive and html5

#3 Posted by PaulKemp (109 posts) -

@nightriff said:

Use the download option and that should give you good quality. It is what I use when youtube isn't available because I too have bad luck with streaming, progressive and html5

Problem is, downloading takes a long time. My wish is premium content some how on youtube.

#4 Edited by Rorie (2679 posts) -

@paulkemp: We don't have any way to authenticate or make the premium videos private on Youtube, unfortunately, so we don't upload premium stuff there.

We are hopefully going to be finally releasing the new video player sometime this week, so hopefully that will smooth out your experience a bit.

Staff