#1 Posted by financingisfree (36 posts) -

Hi

I am a yearly subscriber since at least a year ago (maybe more. i have a lincoln force shirt? i don't know.), and since the site upgrade i have had trouble watching youtube videos on the site. I can load up the videos if i search them in youtube.com, but i do not have the option to change from streaming to youtube in the Gear Menu on giantbomb.com. the option no longer appears. am I doing something wrong? this happens both in chrome in windows 7 and on my chromebook.

#2 Posted by rchen (168 posts) -

Thanks, will look into it.

#3 Posted by reddin (417 posts) -

I'll just confirm that I also no longer have the option, and recent videos that I try to watch just error out on the youtube player. Older videos seem to work fine.

Guess I'll try the normal video players again, since I only switched to youtube because all the other options had a tendency to break in the wake of the new site launch.

Picture for reference:

#4 Edited by Azteck (7450 posts) -

Is there a reason why YouTube was made a Subscriber only feature? Seems kind of backwards if you ask me.

#5 Posted by beef_melody (257 posts) -

I also have this problem.

#6 Posted by probablytuna (3525 posts) -

Same problem here.

#7 Posted by dr_mantas (1761 posts) -

Me too. Youtube ain't showing up in the options.

#8 Posted by louiedog (2333 posts) -

Same problem.

@azteck said:

Is there a reason why YouTube was made a Subscriber only feature? Seems kind of backwards if you ask me.

They can't put their advertising on the YouTube videos.

#9 Edited by Somnus (81 posts) -

@louiedog said:

@azteck said:

But if you have adblock you wont see any adsvertising, so its pointless.

#10 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -

@somnus said:

@louiedog said:

@azteck said:

Pretty much. Plus as far as I know you don't get ads outside of the US, or has that changed?

#11 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@azteck said:

@somnus said:

@louiedog said:

@azteck said:

Pretty much. Plus as far as I know you don't get ads outside of the US, or has that changed?

It's changed I have even had surveys pop up when I wasn't a subscriber.

#12 Edited by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

@azteck said:

@somnus said:

@louiedog said:

@azteck said:

It's changed I have even had surveys pop up when I wasn't a subscriber.

I can confirm everyone gets them now. When I go to the site on a work computer when on lunch it's like going to a different site seeing all the nasty ads all over the place. Not to mention the site is now unusable at work after the redesign which sucks.

#13 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@azteck said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$