Do you want a Bully 2 or a prequel to Bully (the Rockstar game)? Please vote!!

tahirdhudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you want a Bully 2 or a prequel to Bully (the Rockstar game)? Please vote!! (95 votes)

Yep, I WANT IT!!! It would be great if Rockstar would make it. 47%
No, it sucked. There should be no sequel or prequel to Bully. 6%
THERE MUST BE A SEQUEL OR PREQUEL!!!! 32%
NO WAY!!! Rockstar should NEVER make Bully 2. 14%

Hey guys, do you want a successor to Bully. Your opinion above. My opinion is there must be a sequel or a prequel. Bully 2 would be a great game if they bring it to the next-gen. Rockstar please make Bully 2, please.

• 
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Brendan

I don't need a game to be in the same timeline as the original. Just another game would be cool, although I'm not as much of a fan of Bully as some are.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LeStephan

Hmmmm, I played the original for the first time about a year ago and it reaaaally dissapointed me, I expected the typical excelent rockstar fair but after giving it a chance for a few hours I thought it was really really boring gameplay-wise and the short music loops drove me fucking crazy....wasn't this game known for an excelent soundtrack?..maybe I didnt get far enough to hear the cool stuff ...

The whole school thing is pretty original so I guess a new one could be pretty cool. Id rather see them do something totally new and original again though :D

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would like a 2, but not a prequel. I find prequels to be fairly pointless in most mediums because you probably already know how it all goes in the grand scheme of things. There's something that bothers me about not 'advancing' a story or universe. That's not to say all things that are prequelish are bad (I quite liked DE:HR as a recent example) but it's always just a slight let down and loss of excitment when I find out something is a prequel.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Rafaelfc

Yes, gimme Bully 2: Summer Camp edition!

I NEEDS IT!!!!!

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By MEATBALL

Bully came at a time when Rockstar games were still games that I just didn't enjoy playing. Couldn't stand the way they controlled or felt to play. Always loved the idea of Bully, though, so I'd love to see modern Rockstar tackle the series now that they make games that actually *gasp* play well. :P

I'd probably prefer a sequel I guess? Either way.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bully sucked but I'd still love to see Rockstar do a Bully 2 (more video games is better than less), though not at the expense of say a Red Dead Redemption 2.

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: why are you begging a company to make a sequel to a game on a website that has nothing to do with them? Why don't you go post this on thier forums instead? There isn't much point in doing this here.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By monkeyking1969

I think in order to do the idea justice, you need to make in college. I would accept another one set in highschool, but I think there is more fun to be head with college. They have done highschool, so I'd think they woudl want to move on. I think however it woudl be fun if Jimmy were a professor at that college and not the playable character. Have Jimmy in there, but make his one of the adults...the teacher who thinks he is cool...but really like all adults he isn't at all.

Make the setting Bullworth College, a small liberal arts college that is past its prime. Maybe, have the main problem be a online university trying to buy Bullworth as a front for its 'for profit' diploma mill. That way you have all the look and feel of a throwback college experience (Animal House), but there are modern elements that are true to the modern college experience. You have the typical "New England" college feel with the 'old brick ivy covered buildings' and fran/sorority houses for the game world, but mixed with the concepts of today's college experience.

One thing ist should do that other GTA games do not do from Rockstar is to have dialogue options like Mass Effect. All the major NPCs need to be people you can get to know through dialogue choices that lead back to how much they 'like you' or 'will work with you'. Also, your 'advarasies' at school should work like Shadow of Mordor; so if you fail a 'confrontation' with them they get stronger or gain reputation at the college....but sort of in a jokey way. Later on maybe when you earn enough reput you can turn 'adversaries' into allies...using the same "pressing your hand to their head" mechanic.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Make sure to create a change.org petition, that'll help tremendously. In fact, I think Rockstar would see it and then immediately start work on another Bully game. Such is the power of internet petitions.

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really care about the continued story of Jimmy, I just want a Bully game from post Red Dead Redemption Rockstar. People have mentioned the Nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor, and I think that'd work perfectly for the school setting. There's plenty of more modern directions they could take the story and setting if they wanted to. I could see Rockstar going super satirical on the American school system. Having some in game Facebook or Twitter or something that's tied to your social standing would be a pretty obvious mechanic.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd like a Bully game that has a female protagonist - mostly because I find a Rockstar sandbox inspired by Mean Girls, Veronica Mars, Faking It, Awkward, Gossip Girl or Pretty Little Liars to be endlessly fascinating.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't need the same characters or anything. I'd be fine with them GTA'ing it and using a similar framework at a different school with different characters. But I definitely want one.

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BlueFalcon

@tahirdhudy said:

@bluefalcon: Calm down, fishhead. It's just a poll.

No idea what that means kid. Is "********" some weird regional thing in some other far off country? Ill just assume it means on who sees all due to a fish's greater field of vision.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@rafaelfc: a video game versions of Heavyweights is what I always dreamed of Bully 2 being!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

A prequel? Baby Bully.

No.. Bully Baby.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I played a bit of Bully on my old PS2 over the Christmas break and it still holds up. Definitely the best thing Rockstar has ever made, Red Dead and GTA included. I would be so hyped for a new Bully.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, sorry guys but Bully doesn't hold up. Played it for the first time a few years ago and it's simply a middling open world game. No interesting characters, no story worth caring about, a bunch of outdated minigames and bad gameplay in general.

Don't know what's up with the nostalgia for this game

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostiet said:

I'd like a Bully game that has a female protagonist - mostly because I find a Rockstar sandbox inspired by Mean Girls, Veronica Mars, Faking It, Awkward, Gossip Girl or Pretty Little Liars to be endlessly fascinating.

Maybe even better could be 3 playable girls that you can switch to at will like GTAV. That kind of mission structure could be amazing scaled down to a Bully kind of size. Say one girl has to set up a prank on someone, but that person's two friends are hanging out where the set up is, so you have to switch around to all 3 characters to keep them distracted.

And through that they could also expand the story and make it much more interesting. Maybe one playable girl is new to the school (for tutorial purposes, basically), but the others are well entrenched with different groups there, so you're not just playing as the typical fish out of water. And that could introduce a sort of clique mechanic where you need all 3 girls to do certain things, but if, say, your popular character is seen helping out the nerd, she'll lose cred with her own group. Kind of like how gang rep worked in GTA2.

I dunno. Tons of cool potential things. Just give me my Square Pegs simulator. ;)

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I think in order to do the idea justice, you need to make in college. I would accept another one set in highschool, but I think there is more fun to be head with college. They have done highschool, so I'd think they woudl want to move on. I think however it woudl be fun if Jimmy were a professor at that college and not the playable character. Have Jimmy in there, but make his one of the adults...the teacher who thinks he is cool...but really like all adults he isn't at all.

I disagree. For me, a big part of Bully's charm was that they were in high school and doing more light hearted shenanigans. The older you make the setting the farther away you get from what made the original great.

tikimorpher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had any say I would want a Bully style game set in an Edwardian era English prep school.

tikimorpher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tahirdhudy said:

@bluefalcon: Calm down,********. It's just a poll.

No idea what that means kid. Is "*****" some weird regional thing in some other far off country? Ill just assume it means on who sees all due to a fish's greater field of vision.

To some ethnic groups its actually a racist slur.

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikimorpher:

Oh my, I guess they'll let just about anyone on these forums won't they? That's a shame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I'd rather have a sequel to Bully just involve another kid and possible another town and boarding school.

Setting wise I'd love a throwback to the 80's John Hughes style films like Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, and Weird Science.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'd rather have them spend time on a game I actually enjoy. They should create something new and fresh. I'm not enjoying them developing Redemption 2 either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: why are you begging a company to make a sequel to a game on a website that has nothing to do with them? Why don't you go post this on thier forums instead? There isn't much point in doing this here.

I never understood this when people do it.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I'd love some kind of follow up to Bully, I feel like it would be hard to release that kind of game now, even for someone like Rockstar. Anti Bullying campaigns have become a lot more prevalent and powerful these days, which is great because fuck bullying, but a game like Bully would get shot the hell down.

Unless of course they change the setting from high school to college. No one would give a shit then.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

So, I played Bully recently, I still don't see why people think it is the best game from Rockstar.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@monkeyking1969 said:

I disagree. For me, a big part of Bully's charm was that they were in high school and doing more light hearted shenanigans. The older you make the setting the farther away you get from what made the original great.

I found the light hearted shenanigans boring. I'm all for shenanigans, I don't want fighting, drug dealing, rape...or hookers. But it would be nice if the shenanigans could be interesting and not half-ass. Lets be truthful the light hearted shenanigans they can show for high schoolers will be more like what middle-schooler could do because we are SO AFRAID of real adolescent experiences these days.

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love Bully but would rather Rockstar put their talent and time toward something new or a Red Dead sequel.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Why are there two "Yes" options and two "No" options?

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a modern Bully game could be good. But I think more people (such as myself) would appreciate a another Red Dead.