#1 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

These new trailers for some bullshit Black Ops 2 map pack are fucking hilarious. Peter Stormare is awesome

For all the hate CoD/Activision gets, I think there marketing for this is absolutely fantastic. And I haven't laughed at a game trailer in a long time.

#2 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1934 posts) -

I agree, those are pretty awesome, however it doesn't really do anything to change my opinions of the actual games.

#3 Posted by Humanity (10111 posts) -

Those ads were pretty awesome. To be honest with you for a second there I actually thought about buying the game.

#4 Posted by Marcsman (3294 posts) -

That was pretty funny.

#5 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I just want a new season of Curb....

#7 Edited by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I dont really want to play call of duty, I just want to watch a movie with the humor of the trailers

#8 Edited by Commander_Crichton (157 posts) -

@thatkiddhuntah said:

MOD EDIT

I really liked the Big Lebowski reference in that first ad.

#9 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

I love the MW3 ones with all the celebrities.

And I've never hated Call of Duty. It's pretty much the reason I play video games.

#10 Posted by cloudnineboya (845 posts) -

Ok you win, this made me laugh.

#11 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3789 posts) -

That's a shitty thread-title. I might buy this year's or next. Should be cool.

#12 Posted by JasonR86 (9728 posts) -

I think hating COD pays it too much attention. It suggests that the people who 'hate' it care about it more then those that ignore it because one can only be that impassioned about something they care about to some degree. Also COD is fine. People need to chill.

#13 Posted by Yummylee (22568 posts) -

I agree, those are pretty awesome, however it doesn't really do anything to change my opinions of the actual games.

Yeah, this. Also, did I spot Ray Liotta during that Mob of the Dead segment?? At the very end of the first trailer at about 3:32.

#14 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4495 posts) -

Stopped caring about the franchise since MW2 but damn those are some good ads.

#15 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2111 posts) -

Stopped caring about the franchise since MW2 but damn those are some good ads.

I'll throw my hat into this opinion pool.

#16 Posted by Subjugation (4741 posts) -

@yummylee said:
@ll_exile_ll said:

Yeah, this. Also, did I spot Ray Liotta during that Mob of the Dead segment?? At the very end of the first trailer at about 3:32.

Yes you did. One of the characters is modeled after him.

#17 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

I'm just tired of the whole CoD franchise. Activision won't stop until they ram it into the ground(see: Guitar Hero)

#18 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

I do not enjoy Call of Duty but I can get behind that marketing. They get that right at least.

#19 Edited by Yummylee (22568 posts) -

@yummylee said:
@ll_exile_ll said:

Huh. Is he voiced by the man himself as well?

#20 Posted by leftie68 (215 posts) -

Great ads, and I don't think most gamers HATE COD, I think they just don't care about it anymore. I personally just can't pump in the time necessary to become respectable in multiplayer, and the single player campaigns alone do not warrant a $60 purchase. It would be great if they could package all the single player campaigns for the older games onto one disc and sell as a collection. I would shell out $50 for that.

#21 Posted by AgnosticJesus (545 posts) -

Is that Slippery Pete? I heard he's one hell of a rogue electrician.

#22 Posted by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

Peter Stormare is the best! I don't hate CoD I've just had enough of it for my lifetime. I can only play the same game so many times.

#23 Posted by Pr1mus (3950 posts) -
@yummylee said:
@ll_exile_ll said:

That sure was him and Michael Madsen too just before or at least it looked like him.

#24 Posted by natedawg_kz (231 posts) -

They're funny but l'm sure other game companies could do much better but they just don't have the money to throw at marketing like Activision does.

#25 Edited by UlquioKani (1195 posts) -

I like COD and these ads so I am over the moon. It's seems quiet high budget for a couple of map packs though. I would watch a Replacers movie

#26 Posted by mrfluke (5347 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

I think hating COD pays it too much attention. It suggests that the people who 'hate' it care about it more then those that ignore it because one can only be that impassioned about something they care about to some degree. Also COD is fine. People need to chill.

"NOOOOOOO YOUSE WRONGZ ITS THE SCOURGE OF THE GAMING INDUSTRY!!!111"

yea totally agree that cod is fine, and i agree with your logic as well.

#27 Posted by BillyTheKid (486 posts) -

Some people give COD more credit than is due, but the other half that combat these people is ridiculous. Welcome to the internet.

As far as the trailers they are pretty funny, does it make me want to purchase anything? No, but they do entertain me which is fine in my book.

#28 Edited by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -
@yummylee said:
@subjugation said:

@yummylee said:
@ll_exile_ll said:

Huh. Is he voiced by the man himself as well?

Yup, see trailer above.

#29 Edited by Yummylee (22568 posts) -

@redbullet685: Fucking nice. I love all these crazy star-studded zombie maps they've been making, though that's just about the only aspect of CoD that interests me. Like Jeff, I really wish the zombies stuff could become its own thing, though for the exact opposite reason of course.

#30 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

@redbullet685: god dammit. i'm going to buy this map pack, aren't i?

#31 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

@yummylee: Yeah, the trailer makes it look really cool. I too wish they would just make the zombie mode its own game. I would totally buy it if it were, say $30.

#32 Edited by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

@ajayraz: Yes. Yes you are. I don't even own the game and I am contemplating buying it.

#33 Edited by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

I'd watch a Replacers movie.

#34 Posted by Gamer_152 (14110 posts) -

I wouldn't go as far as "absolutely fantastic", but these are pretty good. I still can't think about the CoD marketing without remembering that time they tried to advertise Call of Duty using a war criminal though.

#36 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

I watched the first half of the first trailer and didn't find it particularly funny. Can we just get a new season of Curb already?

#37 Edited by Demoskinos (15156 posts) -

That just makes me want more of THEM not Call of Duty. But good on Activision for using all that CoD bank to actually make a well produced thing.

#38 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

Those are great. GREAT.