Are you interested in Lords of Shadow 2?

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Poll Are you interested in Lords of Shadow 2? (152 votes)

Yes 61%
I'll wait and see 18%
Probably not 8%
No 14%

I was totally interested in this game ages ago - closer to when I first saw the ending of the original Lords of Shadow, as seen on today's Unprofessional Fridays.

Then the years went by, and I entirely forgot this was a thing.

However, Vinny has totally gotten my excited for this game again. I can't wait to see what they do with the plot (though my only experience with the bridging story lines is what wikis can tell me). Hopefully they put in a "previously on..." equivalent at the top.

Anyway. How about you?

• 
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Yeah, although judging by the trailers, it doesn't continue on from the modern day setting? Gabriel's still Dracula'd up (and Alucard is implied to be in there, too), but yeah, guys with swords and shit.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Yeah, seems to be set in the past - though I'm hoping the trailer was more along the lines of a flashback, as a modern day setting is far more exciting to me than more medieval stuff.

For any who haven't seen it, here's that trailer for the sequel;

Loading Video...

I'm pretty sure you're right - that's Alucard at the end.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Yes, a lot actually. Loved the hell out of the first game and I'm about 3.5 hours into Mirror of Fate and despite the mediocre reviews and Brads (assumed from the show) distaste for it I'm finding it rather fun. If anything I bet the music will continue to be spectacular.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Not at all. Not even Vinny's enthusiasm for the first one can change my mind!

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Have they even shown anything about this game other than the reveal trailer?

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have they even shown anything about this game other than the reveal trailer?

Nope! I don't think so.

Though, we didn't see much of the original at all till near release (and its first showing was pretty spotty) - so I'm not too woried, so long as they improve on what was wrong with the first one whilst sticking to its strengths.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Solh0und

I still need to get back to playing the first one.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SuperWristBands

@yummylee said:

Yeah, although judging by the trailers, it doesn't continue on from the modern day setting? Gabriel's still Dracula'd up (and Alucard is implied to be in there, too), but yeah, guys with swords and shit.

My answer was no but if it ends up being this way then this makes it even more so. Honestly the only thing that seemed like it could have interested me was the modern day setting.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I am!

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Quarters

Yeah, I can't wait. And to those unsure, yes, it does still do the modern times thing. LoS2 is the end of the trilogy. There are flashbacks in it, in a "you need to discover something in the past to save the future" sense. But yeah, it'll totally follow up on that ending, they just haven't shown that stuff yet. In fact, in the reveal trailer, you can catch a glimpse of white hair Gabriel like the ending of LoS.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yes, but only if they let you play as Gabriel/Dracula thus allowing for some wild and interesting powers.

Instead of going the safe route and just making you play almost he same shit all over again as yet another hunter slowly gathering marginal upgrades. It was fun once.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I'm probably going to get a little flak for this because ''dumb video games durr'', but I thought Jeff was kinda obnoxious during the LoS segment. Some of his gags were kinda funny, but it got to be a bit much and there were times where I wish he'd just shut up. I've actually only played like 2 hours of the game and personally didn't care much for it, and yet even I think the way he keeps purposely trying to wind up and goad the fans of Lords of Shadow is a bit childish.

Hell, I've recently started to find Jeff a lot more annoying lately in general, like how he so often classifies just about everything as being 'dumb'. Bleh, maybe this is just the product of being awake when it's nearing 3am...

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, actually. I was curious before Vinny played and now actually seeing part of it, this summer I would like to find a cheap copy and play through the first.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yes.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15  Edited By spiceninja

I am. I really liked Lords of Shadow and its ending was incredible. I'm excited to see what they do with the sequel.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By supamon

Fuuck yeah I am! First game was great and glad they're making another.

kortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the first one and I am stoked for the second one. Even though the trailer didn't show any modern times stuff I still hope you will get there in the game eventually. It would be awesome if you were to follow Gabriel's story through the centuries.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mrfluke

Yep, totally excited for lords of shadow 2, I remember liking it back in the day but it was the unprofessional Fridays segments that made me remember, "YEA I really liked this game!"

And for those wondering, lords of shadow 2 I believe does take place in the past and the future.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters: @mrfluke:

Oh, kickass - was the modern/past duality in a dev interview or something?

Sounds cool. Time fuckery can be pretty interesting in games. I just hope they go friking wild with the dracula powers - and I hope they don't force us to play multiple characters. Just make us play Dracul OR Alucard - preferably the former.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Actually. Yes?, I'm interested? But, I just haven't seen any gameplay or previews. ~ Maybe I'm just not looking right. Is there even a release date?

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Quarters

@selfconfessedcynic: Mainly David Cox replies to people through Twitter, so I saw it there at one point. This is information pulled from the Castlevania Wiki.

"Through Twitter, producer David Cox has answered some questions and given confirmation of some details of the game.

• Although Alucard uses the whip, Dark Pain, in Mirror of Fate, he will use a "very special sword" in Lords of Shadow 2.
  • Gabriel Belmont uses a whip remnant of the Combat Cross, as well as a sword. Cox confirmed there are other weapons for Gabriel to use.
    • Gabriel's whip is not officially the Combat Cross, as Gabriel had destroyed it. However he hinted that a piece of it was embedded in a part of his body, likely causing his ability to use something resembling it.
  • A new Belmont will be shown in Lords of Shadow 2.
  • The score will be completely new this time around, combining orchestra music with electronic music.
  • Gabriel only refers to himself as The Dragon, Dracul. He will be come to known as Dracula by others.
  • The game will span centuries, implying that it will indeed take place in present day as the first game's epilogue and the trailer shown at the Video Game Awards implied.
  • There are no more chapters, replaced with seamless gameplay."

On top of that, in the second trailer they released(the ingame one, not the CG one), you can see a shot of his castle in the modern day, like the end of LoS. It's quick, but it's there.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Not at all.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing the ending to LoS1, I'm actually somewhat interested.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters said:

@selfconfessedcynic: Mainly David Cox replies to people through Twitter, so I saw it there at one point. This is information pulled from the Castlevania Wiki.

"Through Twitter, producer David Cox has answered some questions and given confirmation of some details of the game.

• Although Alucard uses the whip, Dark Pain, in Mirror of Fate, he will use a "very special sword" in Lords of Shadow 2.
  • Gabriel Belmont uses a whip remnant of the Combat Cross, as well as a sword. Cox confirmed there are other weapons for Gabriel to use.
    • Gabriel's whip is not officially the Combat Cross, as Gabriel had destroyed it. However he hinted that a piece of it was embedded in a part of his body, likely causing his ability to use something resembling it.
  • The score will be completely new this time around, combining orchestra music with electronic music.
  • Gabriel only refers to himself as The Dragon, Dracul. He will be come to known as Dracula by others.
  • The game will span centuries, implying that it will indeed take place in present day as the first game's epilogue and the trailer shown at the Video Game Awards implied.

On top of that, in the second trailer they released(the ingame one, not the CG one), you can see a shot of his castle in the modern day, like the end of LoS. It's quick, but it's there.

Nice, thanks for sharing. Also, I completely forgot that this second trailer was uploaded on Giant Bomb... Some brief snippets of gameplay in there, which line up with a lot of what those tweets suggest, most importantly that the game will span different time periods. And I guess Alucard's actually confirmed at that, so that's neat too. I'm now really hoping this'll turn out well.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:
@quarters said:

Nice, thanks for sharing. Also, I completely forgot that this second trailer was uploaded on Giant Bomb... Some brief snippets of gameplay in there, which line up with a lot of what those tweets suggest, most importantly that the game will span different time periods. And I guess Alucard's actually confirmed at that, so that's neat too. I'm now really hoping this'll turn out well.

Cheers for the tip! Also, yup, I was mistaken - totally a 2nd trailer;

Loading Video...

If anything, this just confirms that we will be playing as Dracul, and there's definitely both modern and old style stuff in there.

Frikin awesome.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By toowalrus

I haven't played the first one yet, so i'm slightly interested in that one first... not on my radar at the moment though.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm not surprised people blanked on that trailer a bit. It was during the same show that The Phantom Pain trailer was shown, so that kind of devoured everything around it. That, plus Dark Souls II, and I feel like I'm forgetting something else too. LoS2 was kind of lost in the shuffle.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

I liked Lords of Shadow but I don't know how interested I am in Lords of Shadow set in a modern city environment. The gorgeous fantasy aesthetic was the main thing that made the first game enjoyable.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By BigBoss1911

The original is one of my all time favorites, so yes.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By BoOzak

Hell yeah. The original game had it's issues but it also had some good ideas. I liked the light/dark system and the ability to ride creatures to solve enviromental puzzles.

I know the tone isnt really in line with the rest of the series but it's a reboot and short of turning it into Devil May Cry (which they've already tried and failed at) this seemed like the only logical direction for the series to go.

I think people forget that Lords of Shadow wasnt the first 3D Castlevania game. Castlevania 64, Lament of Innocence, Curse of Darkness. All failed attempts to take the franchise in a new direction, by comparison LOS looks pretty damn good.

There's no excusing the 3DS game though. Forcing LOS gameplay into 2D was a dumb design choice.

...Saying all that I wouldnt mind an open world Castlevania in the style of Dragon's Dogma. But that would sacrifice a lot of the cinematic and story elements that seem to be the focus of LOS.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally excited, I loved the first game. The gameplay was a change but the setting, tone and writing all held onto the Gothic tone of Castlevania and made the game for me. The crazy third act and ending topped off a pretty badass game, that in my opinion transferred most of what was great into a 3d realm. The idea of playing as Dracula against Alucard and the Belmont's is a really interesting twist that has me stoked for LoS 2.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Nope. At some point I'll probably Youtube the ending. That's where my commitment ends.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am super excited for this game.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No as I didn't play much of the first before growing bored and I tend to stick away from the genre as a whole.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By crithon

That 3ds one just broke my heart. I'm such a Castlevania fanboy.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jkz

I loved that first game, so most definitely. I so adored the atmosphere they created in that game

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37  Edited By MEATBALL

Weird bump, but I'm going to join in and say that I'm definitely interested in it. I enjoyed Lords of Shadow and I even enjoyed Mirror of Fate, so I'm totally down for LoS2.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

There is nothing I like about the Lords of Shadow universe, so no, can't say that I am.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By geirr

I never played Lords of Shadow til it was released on Steam, and you know, it's pretty OK. Looks nice too!

So yes if LoS2 comes out on Steam I'm there.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sort of interested. This is the kind of game I would get as a rental or when it becomes really cheap.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, cool to see so many people interested in it. Made me feel a bit more interested myself.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yyyyep. Loved the first one. Can't wait to see how this series ends.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I won't play it, but I am a sucker for things way over the top with some semblance of well done. Thus The Keep, or Excalibur. You cannot deny such dramatic goings on, as ridiculous as they might be frame by frame.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very.

LoS is my favorite character action game of this generation and my favorite Castlevania since SotN.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Snail

My answer to the question "Are you excited for Lords of Shadow 2?" is the same as the answer to this question:

Are there cars? (Y/N)

You still play as a vampire in a current-gen game, so at the least potentially interested in this game.

EDIT: Reading up on it I guess I am mildly intrigued.I hope it turns out great, it seems to certainly have plentiful potential do to so.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Karkarov

yeah I will check it out when it hits. I got the super duper uber bro version on Steam and thought it was solid even if not "great". Between that and DMC my thumbs and fingers were sore for like a week :P

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Interested? sure. Excited? not so much.

I really wanted to like the first Lords of Shadow, but it just had way too many small problems for that. Knowing what I know about the first game, however, I feel like I can set my expectations better and still enjoy the second one as a simple action-adventure something-something, divorced from even thinking of it as a Castlevania game.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Yeah but I don't think I'll end up playing it simply because I never got around to finishing Lords of Shadow. Then again, maybe I'll pick it up again during the winter doldrums after I get back to FFXIII-2.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I'm going to play it but after listening to Vinny describe this game for ten minutes on the Bombcast, I think this one sounds great.