Posted by BigJeffrey (5025 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Will you finally TRY Castlevania: Lords of Shadow now that it's coming to the Personal Computer. (93 votes)

Sure 26%
No 30%
Vinny's Exposure of the Game was enough. Also i know the ending already. 20%
Call Zobek 24%

Demo is on Steam, up for Pre Order

Play it on the one true platform at 1080p 60FPS

#1 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I've already played it, so not much of a point.

#2 Posted by Zeik (2488 posts) -

No. Already own it on PS3.

Then again, that's probably the only way I would ever play the DLC, because I'm not paying stupid amounts of money for it on consoles.

#3 Edited by rebgav (1429 posts) -

I already own the 360 version and played about half of it.

So yeah, steam sale.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (24973 posts) -

Nope. Never liked the direction of the Lords of Shadow series.

#5 Posted by afabs515 (1114 posts) -

i prefer castlevania as a handheld game. also, i hate the mechanics of LoS.

#6 Posted by super2j (1709 posts) -

I've already played it, so not much of a point.

this. Also, hopefully the next one shows up on pc more quickly, not 3 years after I played it. So many things have changed in my life since then.

#7 Posted by Morningstar (2173 posts) -

Finished it on both Ps3 and Xbox360. Not gonna buy a third copy :P

#8 Posted by gaminghooligan (1448 posts) -

ZOBEK!!!!!!!

#9 Posted by Korwin (2870 posts) -

Protip - You can't download the demo or buy it in AUS for reasons unknown.

#10 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Fuuuuuuuuck no.

#11 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

Nah, already played through it twice on the PS3.

And it's not the kind of game that would hugely benefit from a PC port, nor the kind I feel he need to own twice just to have it on a better system.

#12 Posted by Korwin (2870 posts) -

Nah, already played through it twice on the PS3.

And it's not the kind of game that would hugely benefit from a PC port, nor the kind I feel he need to own twice just to have it on a better system.

All games benefit from 1080/60 :P

From what I understand the console releases were pretty framey in some spots.

#13 Edited by Vanick (332 posts) -

Already played it on 360. I might download the demo and see how it looks on pc. Although I never did play the dlc so if it gets cheap enough I might get it.

#14 Posted by Bane122 (794 posts) -

A coat of pretty will not help the problems that game has.

#15 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -

Yeah, saw it today and lol'd. Had to do a doubletake to make sure it was the same Lords of Shadow.

Sure, I'll pick it up for like 5 bucks in a Steam sale.

#16 Edited by spankingaddict (2678 posts) -

No , I already tried and didn't really enjoy it .

#17 Posted by Stete (739 posts) -

Played the demo when it came out, game felt like a God of War knockoff rather than a Castlevania game, so no.

#18 Posted by Danteveli (1187 posts) -

Played it on the console and thats enough.

#19 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Finished it on 360 and loved it. Might pick it up eventually for the DLC and 1080/60fps.

#20 Posted by xyzygy (10008 posts) -

If my PC could do it justice at 1080P 60FPS then definitely. The console versions got a little choppy in some areas. I think this is a game that everyone deserves to play, easily in my top 5 of all time. A very beautiful and moving game, one of the best stories I've ever experienced.

#21 Edited by Humanity (9379 posts) -

I played it and really liked it on 360 so I might if it's cheap and then I'll play like 2 areas, say "yah this really looks good on PC" and never play it again. Just like Max Payne 3..

Great game. It's a shame that the beginning areas are incredibly cliched and slow that turned a lot of people off from it. The whole "hurr hurr God of War with whips" sentiment is cringe worthy.

#22 Posted by kishinfoulux (2361 posts) -

Anybody try the demo? How is it? I'll probably give it a shot tomorrow. Not a fan from what little I played when it released (then again not a 3-D Castlevania fan), but if it hits cheap enough I'll grab it because why not?

#23 Posted by falserelic (5445 posts) -

Already played it..

#24 Edited by Fearbeard (831 posts) -

Already played it through on Xbox 360. Loved it though. Best God of War style game of the generation.

I'll actually check out the demo to see how it looks on PC. Probably purchase in a future Steam sale.

#25 Posted by Quarters (1719 posts) -

It's a really awesome game, and I would if I:

A) Hadn't already beat it several times on the PS3 and have all the DLC.

B) If my computer could run it without openly weeping.

I bet it's really pretty though. I'm sure the people who do buy it for PC will be in for a great time.

#26 Posted by Mcfart (1626 posts) -

Never got past 2 hours of the game on the 360, but here's my PC demo impressions:

A - Pretty in 1080p 60FPS

B - The frame rate actually means jack shit since it goes slowmo whenever you hit an enemy. A good feature for the 360 that was usually around 20FPS, but disorienting for PC

#27 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

I'd have considered it, but:

1. It's not really what I want from a Castlevania game.
  2. I've already seen the ending.
#28 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (424 posts) -

I've got a PS3 copy of the game about three feet away from me right, but fuck that I want 60 FPS so yes I'm going to buy this.

#29 Posted by JackSukeru (5917 posts) -

Already played it, it's a mess but I will check out the PC demo just to see how it runs.

#30 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5592 posts) -

I'm in the minority of people who played the game to completion when it came out. It really wasn't that bad.

#31 Posted by hollitz (1537 posts) -

I played it for like two hours and was bored out of my mind. I hate that God of War take on combat.

#32 Posted by Korwin (2870 posts) -

Game suffers from in-engine pre-render syndrome. Half the cut scenes are 720p videos at 30 frames, when the game looks twice as good in real time that shit's distracting :P

Also it doesn't appear to be a fan of ultra wide setups (3x1 multimonitor), it will straight up just minimize itself and crash if you're running surround.

#33 Posted by Svenzon (720 posts) -

Well, I do want to see how the game looks at a higher resolution and, more importantly, a smoother framerate. So I might try the demo, at least.

#34 Posted by Jeffsekai (7034 posts) -

I feel like at this point I've seen the whole game, so no need.