#1 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11801 posts) -

I figure this would be interesting to post, if only because watching the guy responsible for designing and writing some of my favorite RPGs of the last... oh... 15 or so years playing a game made by some of his current co-workers seems fascinating. Having played enough Arcanum to tell you that I find it more flawed on the "Interesting but flawed" scale, it'd be interesting to see how a game designer who has made a name for himself designing those kinds of games would look at it.

#2 Posted by Tyashki (213 posts) -

Now this is a LP that I'm interested in watching. Both for the man and the game.

#3 Posted by GreggD (4505 posts) -

Wasn't he basically loathing the idea of this thing?

#4 Posted by Butano (1741 posts) -

Ooooooo.....thank you Kickstarter!

#5 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

Oh man this is great, gonna watch in a bit.

#6 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

I've recently started playing Planescape Torment so... Interdasting...

#7 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

The video quality hurt my eyes, had to resort mostly to listening it rather then watching.

Arcanum is a damn classic masterpiece @arbitrarywater doesn't know wtf he is talking aboot.

Now excuse me, I got death robots to create, people to resurrect and prostitute myself to a hobbit for money. Puts on rose tinted goggles.

#8 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

I remember trying to play through this game but not having the patience, maybe I should try it again?

#9 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11801 posts) -

@nilazz: I'd say no, but of course I'd say that. Really, it depends on your tolerance level for the rather lax pacing that Arcanum brings forth, when combined with the part where it's incredibly easy to screw your character over with a few misplaced points here and there.

#10 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

The video quality hurt my eyes, had to resort mostly to listening it rather then watching.

Arcanum is a damn classic masterpiece @arbitrarywater doesn't know wtf he is talking aboot.

Now excuse me, I got death robots to create, people to resurrect and prostitute myself to a hobbit for money. Puts on rose tinted goggles.

You forgot about tracking down those devious half-breed engineering gnomes. OH WAIT.

#11 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Oh shiz! Did he actually make good on that? I know what I'm doing for the next hour.

#12 Posted by Disconnect (68 posts) -

Arcanum was so good that it made me tolerate steampunk for the whole duration of the game.