Did they stream this as video?

Just curious

Posted by Bubbly
@Doctorchimp: Yes they did.
Posted by Kevin_Cogneto

@Doctorchimp said:

Just curious

Yeah. I believe they said they were recording the video also, so maybe they'll post that too? Who knows.

Posted by snide

@Doctorchimp said:

Just curious

We did. We'll try to get that up monday. We're still learning all the stuff with the new office.

Posted by Bobdamicus

Radio Dave!

Posted by D_Man_Taylor

@Doctorchimp: Yeah, wondering where the video is myself. Oh well, I'll just listen to the podcast until the video shows up.

Posted by D_Man_Taylor

@snide: Cool, thanks for the wicked fast response Dave!

Definitely watching that Monday!

Posted by Daveyo520

VInny!

Posted by selbie

Hmmm...to listen now, or to watch their beautiful mugs later...

Posted by tescovee

I don't know if its possible but why not do one of those click threw/amazon things like other sites do? I don't know if it generates much cash, but I would totally use it to get you cats more of my cash.

Posted by Grillbar

i have to listen to this now and then watch it all again for the first time on monday or when ever it gets put up.

kinda feel like a sap but love it.

Posted by LiquidPrince

Diet Coke and Coke Zero are some of the worst drinks ever health wise. The chemicals aspartame and beyond will cause so many diseases it's unbelievable. I drank it for a while I was on a low carb diet/workout and it caused some pretty bad breakouts... I'm not even allergic to anything, but the upped consumption made it evident.

Guys, try drinking something else for health! Even regular Coke is better.

Posted by buckybit

feel free to send me the access code anytime to this shows (premium) video which is archived here: http://www.justin.tv/whiskeymedia#/w/2806472640

;-)

Edited by Draxyle

I definitely recommend going for the video shoot of this if/when it's up and around. A few great things happen on camera.

Fantastic show overall though, some really great incite into the going ons of Giantbomb. I really can't wait for the next one!

Edit: Oh, and "Vliny", though I almost want you to keep it like that.

Posted by AlisterCat

Wearing my Hardcore Dave shirt, listening to radio dave. How it should be.

Posted by vinster345

Anyone having trouble getting a podcast app to authenticate their password? Have tried on Podcaster and Instacast and neither recognise my details when they ask me for login and password

Posted by dr_mantas

Time for a Vlnny Caravella Cast!

Posted by zudthespud

I am firmly in favour of this feature being known as "Radio Dave" from now on. GO DAVE

Posted by DjCmeP

It's up already?

I think I'll wait for the video..I don't have time to listen to this anyway.

Posted by Winternet

@DjCmeP said:

It's up already?

I think I'll wait for the video..I don't have time to listen to this anyway.

But you will have time to watch the video?

Edited by Brosef

@buckybit said:

feel free to send me the access code anytime to this shows (premium) video which is archived here: http://www.justin.tv/whiskeymedia#/w/2806472640

;-)

Hear, hear!

Posted by Benny

@Brosef said:

@buckybit said:

;-)

Hear, hear!

you do know that since the beginning you've been able to embed these password protected archives outside of J.TV and watch them anytime right?

Posted by sully

VInny = Virtual Intelligence Vinny?

Posted by Kingfalcon

@LiquidPrince said:

Diet Coke and Coke Zero are some of the worst drinks ever health wise. The chemicals aspartame and beyond will cause so many diseases it's unbelievable. I drank it for a while I was on a low carb diet/workout and it caused some pretty bad breakouts... I'm not even allergic to anything, but the upped consumption made it evident.

I'd like to see some legitimate scientific evidence for this. The only supportable claims I've ever seen by people who denigrate aspartame is that (1) it causes tumors in rodents in unreasonably high doses and (2) it actually makes you hungry since your brain senses a taste but receives no nutritional value. All other claims I've seen have only been backed by bro-science.

Posted by TheSquarePear

Turn off the normalization. It's probably the source of people claiming the audio quality is shit and you can't hear some of the callers.

Otherwise you should go all the way and all talk in autotune.

Posted by ThePickle

The Dave Snider Show: 96.5 Snide or Die

@buckybit said:

;-)

Hey, I've been wanting that too! I'm a person too! With a medal!

Edited by Illyr

Crap the Skype mic level through my Astro A40's was all the way up. Sorry for the hot mic call.

Posted by kollay

Whoa! Flew under my radar, this did.

Posted by LiquidPrince

@Kingfalcon said:

@LiquidPrince said:

I'd like to see some legitimate scientific evidence for this. The only supportable claims I've ever seen by people who denigrate aspartame is that (1) it causes tumors in rodents in unreasonably high doses and (2) it actually makes you hungry since your brain senses a taste but receives no nutritional value. All other claims I've seen have only been backed by bro-science.

There's literally a million studies on aspartame that have proved it's negative qualities.... Just google aspartame and theres a myriad of resources... Also, I've personally experienced it so...

Posted by UnsolvedParadox

Hooray for Radio Dave! Hearing about the engineering team is always exciting to me.

Posted by Kingfalcon

@LiquidPrince said:

@Kingfalcon said:

@LiquidPrince said:

There's literally a million studies on aspartame that have proved it's negative qualities.... Just google aspartame and theres a myriad of resources... Also, I've personally experienced it so...

I wouldn't really call an anecdote scientific evidence. Also, here's an article on Time disputing the increasingly prevalent bro-science that aspartame is unhealthy: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1931116,00.html.

Posted by PXAbstraction

Dave, as someone who works in IT but has thought a little bit about trying out some development/design, I will personally buy another year of premium membership (and I still have 2 years left already) just to see you do that video/tutorial series on the site redesign. I would love to see something done like that and I really love the way you approach and talk about it. Would love to see it happen.

Posted by JakePike218

Who's this VInny?

Edited by ThePickle

I sincerely hope they release the rest of the cards. And to whoever's hoarding the cards: fuck you.

Posted by InfamousBIG

@JakePike218 said:

Who's this VInny?

I can't tell if that's a capital I or a lowercase L, (l)

If it's an L, maybe it's a cross between Vinny and Vladimir Lenin.

Posted by nickux
@PXAbstraction said:

Dave, as someone who works in IT but has thought a little bit about trying out some development/design, I will personally buy another year of premium membership (and I still have 2 years left already) just to see you do that video/tutorial series on the site redesign. I would love to see something done like that and I really love the way you approach and talk about it. Would love to see it happen.

THIS!!!
Posted by tactis

@nickux said:

@PXAbstraction said:

THIS!!!

+1, I also work as a programmer I would be very interested in it

Posted by Jedted

@JakePike218 said:

Who's this VInny?

Maybe Vinny had his consiousness uploaded into a computer and now he runs the entire GB/GS network. :)

Posted by HaltIamReptar

Thank God there's no Brad. Finally, a consumable piece of content.

Posted by benjo_t

@HaltIamReptar said:

Woah! Jesus!

Posted by Greatgrey

@benjo_t: and no patrick thank god.

Posted by Residentrevil2

Too bad no Patrick or Brad. Keep these podcasts coming!

Posted by codynewill

@Greatgrey said:

@benjo_t: and no patrick thank god.

@HaltIamReptar said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

Posted by WilloughbyJackson

@tactis said:

@nickux said:

@PXAbstraction said:

THIS!!!

+1, I also work as a programmer I would be very interested in it

Ditto!

Posted by fanboyjustin

Great show!!!!!

Posted by SgtSphynx

@zudthespud said:

I am firmly in favour of this feature being known as "Radio Dave" from now on. GO DAVE

Same here.

Edited by Rexicon

@Kingfalcon: I'm going to second this assertion. As a health-care professional, I can assure you that there is no compelling or conclusive evidence that links ingestion of diet soda with any carcinogenic events. The main reason that we keep hearing about the dangers of aspartame and such is that certain analogues of aspartame and saccharin are mildly carcinogenic, thus some unscrupulous medical professionals make wild claims about their dangers while providing no direct evidence. Don't listen to the crappy science of whatever major news source you might frequent, most (if not all) health/science news in popular journalism is alarmist and sensational.

If someone has convinced you that the cause of any sort of cancer you may have unfortunately experienced is the cause of diet soda you must listen to me and ignore their advice completely in the future. One of the most difficult clinical diagnoses is to find the cause of carcinoma. Its even difficult for doctors to definitively claim smoking as the cause of certain cancers even though the links from smoking to cancer are much much more well understood than most others.

Posted by benjo_t

@Greatgrey: I don't mind those guys at all. In fact, I like 'em.

• 92 results