237 Comments
Posted by KeyzerSoze1979

congrats on the 300th podcast! its been my fav podcast since arrow pointing down, heres to 300 more!

Posted by bkbroiler

Wow, 300. Congrats Giant Bomb! That's a really long time for podcasts.

Posted by TheHT

protip: googling 'prolapse' automatically shows you pictures.

fuck you giant bomb.

Posted by Vinny

@Winsord said:

I realize Vinny probably won't read this, but there are two buttons in the top left of the screen (right of the parts inventory) in Kerbal Space Program. One of those circles is the symmetry tool, and the smaller circle is the free place or snap-to-angle option.

Totally found those while playing last night!

Staff
Posted by George_Hukas

Posted by Thegore

Do I save this for work tomorrow night or listen to it now and tomorrow night?

Why am I asking of course it will be both; helps pass time when you work is making tribute videos for funeral homes

Posted by flasaltine

What is this Continuum game?

Posted by EthanielRain

@murisan said:

@EthanielRain said:

@Indiana_Jenkins said:

I've been sitting on this page hitting F5 for a while. I just realized that Giant Bomb is my weird hobby.

Replace "hobby" with "addiction" and I'm right there with you. Better than my roommate's cocaine addiction, I guess.

What's it like having a roommate addicted to coke? I always wondered that. Seriously.

It's the same as having any other roommate, in my experience. Except I have to keep my money hidden/she'll ask for money no matter how many times I say no.

But yeah, aside from the money issue you'd never know she was a cokehead. I think at this point it only makes her feel normal, not high.

Posted by Darthozzan

VIDEO GAMES

Posted by RamboJordan

Hooray bombcast!!!

Posted by ThePickle
Posted by natetodamax

The thumbnail for this episode is perfect.

Posted by buckybit

It's 4 AM over here - just woke up. Listening while I make coffee and am getting ready to go to work!

Posted by Jedted

@ThePickle said:

I was thinking more of the episode when Homer bowls a perfect game. :)

Edited by Cerberus3Dog

Wow! 300 podcasts! Is this including Arrow Pointing Down? Either way, I am pretty damn sure I've listened to each one (Just now realizing that is a very large amount of time I've spent listening to the bombcast!) Sometimes when I'm bored I just go into the backlog and listen to a memorable podcast from your archives. Why? Because apparently I can't go a couple weeks without wanting to listen to you guys just talk about ham radios and Johnny V and Gatorade Tiger... and sometimes video games. Here is to 300 more!

Posted by eloj

I could go to sleep while it's still ear.. 04:03 ... wait, it's four in the morning? I guess I'm already fucked then, might as well indulge.

Posted by Shinmaru007

The most sensitive part of the bill.

Posted by Pop

300? omg! 301 is a video podcast! nah just kidding. DON'T DO THAT!

Posted by Xtrminatr

300!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Monkeyman04

You don't have to move steam, just make a shortcut of the exe and put that on your desktop. I've been doing this for years. Every time I've done a fresh OS I've never have had to worry about re-installing my games or steam since it's on my E: drive.

Edited by mutha3

Earthbound is a great example of a "fuck you" piracy protection thing. Pirated copies of that game had a significantly higher random encounter rate, making the game way more annoying to play. If you manage to trudge through this tedious, unbalanced version and make it to the final boss...

"fuck you."  The game locks up, throws a screen about how bad piracy is and deletes all your saves. Pretty big dick move all things considered.
Posted by FormulaDeuce

Congratulations on the big three, oh, oh duders!

Posted by df

that's 300 * 2 hours of totally game-related content!

Edited by falling_fast

@mutha3 said:

Earthbound is a great example of a "fuck you" piracy protection thing. Pirated copies of that game had a significantly higher random encounter rate, making the game way more annoying to play. If you manage to trudge through this tedious, unbalanced version and make it to the final boss...

"fuck you." The game locks up, throws a screen about how bad piracy is and deletes all your saves. Pretty big dick move all things considered.

that's such a dick move that it goes beyond normal irritating drm and comes out the other side as pretty awesome/amusing.

Posted by JohnB

Here's to another 300.

Posted by Megasoum

@Winsord said:

I realize Vinny probably won't read this, but there are two buttons in the top left of the screen (right of the parts inventory) in Kerbal Space Program. One of those circles is the symmetry tool, and the smaller circle is the free place or snap-to-angle option.

Oh man they are talking about KSP? Can't wait to listen tomorrow! I suggested the game to Vinny and Drew last week, it's an amazing flight club game haha

Posted by Pop

fries from fast food? fuck that! buy potatoes, peel them, cut them and deep fry them! DONE!

Posted by EleFlameMax

YOU GUYS QUIET TRYING TO LISTEN GEEX.

Posted by Paddles

Man, i just played through Descent 1 & 2 about a month ago. I have the original disks in storage but played the GOG versions and they just ran fine (they just have DOS box) but I played them with the Rebirth ports, using my 360 gamepad. It would be so awesome and viable (controller wise) if they came out on XBLA or something. Also, if Jeff plays Descent 2 make sure you download the Redbook music files so that you play with that Skinny Puppy etc audio goodness.

Still need to go through D3 again. Good Times.

Posted by Djungelurban

What are you doing people?! Go play Master of Orion II, right now... It's like $5 on gog.

Edited by SuperJoe

Yes, them IGN cast is the worst hairs.

Posted by Monkeyman04

The best remedy for cold fries is to order them without salt in which they (the workers) then have to drop a new patch of fries and they come out all fresh/crispy. Well, that works at McDonald's.

Posted by admachina

He brought it to Vermont Extreme... VAX.

Yup, that makes sense.

VAX

Too bad there's no A in Vermont or that would start to make sense

Posted by Sil3n7

Man I love the break the window part.

Posted by Undeadpool

@damnable_fiend said:

@mutha3 said:

"fuck you." The game locks up, throws a screen about how bad piracy is and deletes all your saves. Pretty big dick move all things considered.

that's such a dick move that it goes beyond normal irritating drm and comes out the other side as pretty awesome/amusing.

Merely more proof that Earthbound is the greatest game ever made.

Posted by billyhoush

Lion sucked but Mountain Lion is actually really good.

Edited by SuperWristBands

Oh man. Finished Silent Hill 3 one and a half times throughout this bombcast.

Posted by xxHennesseyxx

WOW!.. Did not realize we were even close to 300, Now I just realize how much time I have actually spent just listen to you guys talk lol, AT LEAST 600 HOURS!

Edited by falling_fast

the Freespace games are open source and now look better than they did originally and definitely run on windows 7 thanks to modders. no idea about the other Descent games, though...

Posted by Penzilneck

If memory serves, doesn't CCP hold the rights to World of Darkness and would they not get the money for any Vampire sales? That's my guess but the IP and rights they bought a few years back might not reach that far back. If not, I'm curious but too lazy to google or call up CCP.

Edited by SockemJetpack
Posted by Grondoth

After Diablo 3, do you people REALLY think Blizzard has a great ace of an MMO up it's sleeve?

Posted by Ooame

i think the ign cast are the worst hair

Posted by MonkeyKing1969

If you want a Blooming Onion...but think an apple would be better for you....THERE IS A SOLUTION!

Granny Apple Fries from Lego Land This delicious signature treat was invented at LEGOLAND. They cook Granny Smith apples, dust them with cinnamon sugar, add some secret ingredients and serve them with a vanilla cream dipping sauce. Oh, yeah!!!

Posted by Zacagawea

The thought of Ryan sitting in a lawn chair in the middle of his lawn just not moving at all with a hummingbird mask might be the greatest thing ever

Posted by murisan

"Another 10 years" for WoW? No way. Not without a graphic overhaul.

Posted by ez123

I'm with Jeff, all of this Nolan Batman talk just gets me thinking about the awesomeness of Inception.

Posted by TheHBK

300th Bombcast? And just yesterday was the 1000th episode of Raw. Could this week be the best ever? I think we have a new champion!

Posted by bybeach

@Monkeyman04 said:

The best remedy for cold fries is to order them without salt in which they (the workers) then have to drop a new patch of fries and they come out all fresh/crispy. Well, that works at McDonald's.

You smart!

Ask for salt with meal, (usually comes that way, but i wouldn't trust them if they figuered out they were being led)) Don't need much salt anyways...

Posted by arimajinn

BOMBCAST!! :D