237 Comments
Posted by SasquatchRuby

Thiss! iss! BOMBCASSSTSS!!

Posted by FalcomAdol

Fried Olives. Maybe Patrick is familiar with them, I've only ever had them in Chicago.

Posted by FalcomAdol

@admachina said:

He brought it to Vermont Extreme... VAX.

Yup, that makes sense.

VAX

Too bad there's no A in Vermont or that would start to make sense

VAX would be VirginiA eXtreme.

Posted by CharAznable
Posted by FakeKisser

Regarding Fez, I just want to say that I have been looking forward to the game, and I don't own a 360. I am waiting for the Steam release. The coverage leading up to launch didn't depend on the platform. People were hearing about it due to Indie Game: The Movie and all the press that would have happened regardless due to who Phil Fish is.

Posted by Noli

I wish I had Jeffs Nba Jam cabinet...

Edited by huser

Vinny! A whole lot of Endless Space looks similar to Gal Civ. Obviously a bit more shine on a the much newer game, but yeah you'll have warps to combat between your ships in Gal Civ as as well.

EDIT - Also, Vinny look into an all-Factory or all-Research gameplay. The way Gal Civ is constructed you only have limited capacity to build on worlds. To maximize that limited resource build only factories or only research buildings fund that what you chose to 100% and then change the focus (this will make sense once you play) of that world to "fill in" the gap of what you are missing. IE all factories should focus to research. You will absolutely run out of money (as in the in game economy wasn't designed to accommodate you being 100% efficient in production) so you may need to practice on smaller maps against a couple other races to get the feel of when and how you should expand (when to shift from massive deficit spending to self sufficient colonies).

Posted by mrpandaman

@FalcomAdol said:

@admachina said:

He brought it to Vermont Extreme... VAX.

Yup, that makes sense.

VAX

Too bad there's no A in Vermont or that would start to make sense

VAX would be VirginiA eXtreme.

VAX... kind of sounds... yeah...

Posted by GERALTITUDE

I also bought, installed and didn't play Galactic Civ II. Me and makers mark gonna have a good night tonight!

Posted by Fistfulofmetal

"Just the tip"

"it's the most sensitive part of the.... bill"

Posted by Fistfulofmetal

RE: phone tech support

I work in a tech support call center. Obviously it would be cool if we could all just talk like humans while on the phone but when you work with 30+ people a day and have specific call time restrictions applied to every call, you very quickly refrain of being a "human" and get right to the point. Which results in you sounding like a robot.

Posted by SolongWrex

I thought Gun on the Xbox was a totally decent game, although I maybe liked it more than it really deserved. I'm just glad we got Red Dead Redemption once the technology was there for a truly great Western sandbox game.

Posted by Draxyle

@FakeKisser said:

Regarding Fez, I just want to say that I have been looking forward to the game, and I don't own a 360. I am waiting for the Steam release. The coverage leading up to launch didn't depend on the platform. People were hearing about it due to Indie Game: The Movie and all the press that would have happened regardless due to who Phil Fish is.

Likewise, I really feel like Steam is the place to be for those niche, but highly hyped titles. I would not be surprised if they double their sales if and when they finally release it there. Been waiting to try it for myself.

Edited by Peanut

I feel like Jeff is totally backwards on the XBLA stuff in comparison to the way I feel about it. If games came out whenever I'd probably hardly ever check it and probably miss shit. It's the fact that it's kept down to a minimum of a few games per week that I check every game that hits the service. Also, I've bought so much crap I only sorta wanted because it was the only thing out that week.

Edited by Sooty

Guild Wars 2 is going to make every other MMO obsolete. Why would you pay monthly fees for outdated combat and mechanics? So pleased GW2 is actually focusing on skill over gear, about damn time MMOs got some working "action combat" that requires more user input than dice rolls.

Posted by Incapability

@Sooty: As wonderful as that would be, I don't think that is the case. If people who play games like WoW, and have been doing so for the last many years, there's probably something other than gameplay keeping them in place.

WoW is addictive, leveling, looting, socailizing, being the best you can be, having responsibility to join your guild in raids - I've seen far too many spend all their evenings alone and raiding, spend years and hundreds of dollars on jerking off over some loot they never found.

So while I have no doubt that GW2 will be better than WoW in just about every way, it doesn't really matter any more. The WoW-killer has become insignificant, WoW is as old and steady as shooting heroin, and no new MMO-drug will change that until people naturally, if ever, grow tired.

Posted by SkankinPacman

Suppose waiting for the LoL servers to come back is a good excuse to listen to this.

Posted by DeF

thumbs up Vinny for that Vanilla Ice reference :)

Posted by lord_python

No Patrick? :( Hope he can make it to the next podcast.

Posted by Megasoum

@lord_python said:

No Patrick? :( Hope he can make it to the next podcast.

Patrick won't be back in the office until the end of August.

Posted by Spitznock

Also, on the bat vs. knife discussion: Knife gains the advantage because bats have shitty accuracy.

(P.S. Get bent!)

Posted by theveej

someone needs to make something with the Lang Zone, like a Twilight Zone thingy.............

Posted by Stokes

If a Rockband 4 comes out, I would be so happy.

Posted by DiegoBitterman

"Cloned himself billions of times and created an empire of himself."

"..super crazy ,weird, interesting idea"

Yeah I liked that episode of Red Dwarf too... wait ,oh(Plinkett sigh)

Posted by DoctorWelch

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like games like Civ and Endless Space are so complicated in their mechanics that they are actually less complicated in their gameplay in a weird way. Whereas something like DOTA or Starcraft are simpler in their mechanics, but way way more complicated in their gameplay becasue of that. It could just be the difference between real time and turn based though.

Posted by chose

@Bombcast

The guy from Quebec asked "Do IGN employees have the worst haircuts?" 

I apologize on his behalf, that's one frog who shouldn't use the english language.

Posted by MAD_JIHAD

Ew the box full of old buttons...

Posted by DeadDorf

Great podcast, best one in a long while!

Posted by big_jon

Totally tits.

Posted by druv

I'm pretty sure Brad is talking about sex at the 2.01 mark.

Posted by Ghost_Cat

I love french fries.

Posted by jrlyon

X-Pilot > Subspace/Continuum

Just saying...

Posted by Fappo

Are the IGN cast got the worst hair????

Posted by DoctorWelch

That Ouya thing just seems fake from the fact that the people on that promo video talk about developing games for the "Television".

Posted by Bread_Harrity

Ryan - I guess I don't really give a shit about how I launch apps

How I heard it

Ryan - I guess I don't really give a shit about how I launch ass...

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

YOU'RE THE OPPOSITE OF SOCIALIZED FOOD

Posted by therepublicanguy

They actually talked about games this time; its always good to see that haha

Posted by PillClinton

@Fappo said:

best damn part of this podcast.

Posted by doomocrat

@Fappo said:

Posted by Pop

@therepublicanguy said:

They actually talked about games this time; its always good to see that haha

can you link to the video so I can see it too?

nah, I'm just kidding! They always talk about games, ham radios are games too GOD DAMN IT!

Posted by Midgetforsale

Can't wait to hear stories from California Extreme!

Posted by FearMyFlop

I just built a new gaming rig, and what do I do the most now? Sit here on Tuesday nights!

Posted by Sergiy

Well about time I signed up, been listening to this for around a year now.

Come on, It's Bombcast time!

Posted by MourerM

@FearMyFlop: Me too. Been looking around on Steam for something to buy. Just barely missed the summer sale.

Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1

@MourerM: There's some indie bundle madness going on there, but you're probably not looking for any of that nonsense.

Posted by PillClinton

@Sergiy said:

Hello and welcome!

Posted by ThatPrimeGuy

@MourerM: Highly recommend Transformers:War For Cybertron for the all of $7.50 its going for right now.

Posted by RetroVirus

@Sergiy said:

Welcome to the neverending party!

Posted by Theavy

Oh please won't you bombcast us

Posted by Sergiy

@Retrovirus & Thanks!

This sounds like a good party alright.