183 Comments
  • 183 results
Posted by ItBeStefYo

Great podcast opening!

Posted by Brackynews

Two muteworthy grossouts in the first 15 minutes. Happy Tuesday!

Congrats Dave!

Posted by A_Dog

Jeff doesn't like food that's mostly bone, but he'd eat a human's leg!?

Posted by 2HeadedNinja

If Vinny likes the big Zombie he will freak out once he gets the HUGE Frog ;)

Posted by dropabombonit

I can't hear what Jeff has to say about last of us, that is most anticipated game atm

Posted by Ithmoliar

Hilarious Bombcast, keep it coming guys.

Posted by Humanity

What is all this interesting stuff in the Bethesda games people are finding? When you climb a mountain, theres nothing there! The open world that Bethesda builds is just as dry and stilted like any other game. Those random caves had no stories behind them. I just never understand the argument.

Posted by Red12b

Loved the record scratch

Edited by ExplodeMode

The xcom strategy game sounds great.  I'm really looking forward to it. 

Also, you're cannibals now.  Woops!

Posted by EveretteScott

I've looked at the sun, a lot, when I was younger. I ain't blind.

Tis a myth! Though I don't recommend it.

Posted by Totori
@Humanity said:

What is all this interesting stuff in the Bethesda games people are finding? When you climb a mountain, theres nothing there! The open world that Bethesda builds is just as dry and stilted like any other game. Those random caves had no stories behind them. I just never understand the argument.

I know there's nothing on mountains in skyrim either. In fallout 3 they made a huge deal about being able to go to the top of the Washington monument, but there is nothing there when you get there.
Posted by BinaryDragon

I am Paris Arrowsmith and i endorse this podcast with my British email. Win.

Posted by TwoLines

RE6 is commin' out... Remember that one guys? Umm... Guys? ...*cough*

Posted by blacklab

'gratz Dave!

Posted by Jesserad

Nice! I was itching to listen to this yesterday, so today is a good day.

Posted by SmilingPig

In the end they are basically saying that they got screwed by CBS and that they can’t even get basic gear.

I hope that it works out in the end.

Posted by Aelric

@Humanity: A lot of the item placement told a story, like a crashed motorcycle with a headless skeleton on it, the skull wedged in the roof over a ramp that went over a car in a random sewer in Fallout 3. They play a lot with stuff like that, but it is totally missable.

Posted by Colt45

I was eating when I started listening to this episode...then I stopped. Gross.

Regardless, great episode...just a little gross.

Posted by Zachariahus

@Spoonman671 said:

If Peter Dinklage is actually on the Bombcast, then I am going to freak the fuck out.

^this.

Edited by MeatSim

Oh no! Giant Bomb is starting to have cravings for human meat.

Posted by AngelN7

I didn't feel gross out when the guys were talking about the 'eating legs' thing until Ryan said the word "grangrene"

Posted by Humanity

@Aelric: I believe you, but when I try to recall how many of such situations I ran into in Skyrim I'm drawing a complete blank. In some caves or houses I might have ran into some stuff that I can't recall but I'm sure it was there - but just outside in the wild, there was nothing.

Edited by Zamir
Posted by Nights

Dodgson, Dodgson, we've got Dodgson here!

Posted by JazGalaxy

@Totori said:

@Humanity said:

I know there's nothing on mountains in skyrim either. In fallout 3 they made a huge deal about being able to go to the top of the Washington monument, but there is nothing there when you get there.

Guess what? There's nothing on the top of mount everest either.

Some people don't need labored and explict narrative to concoct significance or meaning from an event. Just the fact that I can see whiterun from the top of a mountain communicates more story to me than 5 hours of metal gear solid gibberish ever could.

Posted by Terranova

Patrick is wrong about Dragons Dogma and not getting pawns to buff you, you use the left or right D-pad buttons which is help to do it, if you have Mages with buffs they will buff you you don't have to wait and hope that they do.

Posted by Humanity

@JazGalaxy said:

@Totori said:

@Humanity said:

Some people don't need labored and explict narrative to concoct significance or meaning from an event. Just the fact that I can see whiterun from the top of a mountain communicates more story to me than 5 hours of metal gear solid gibberish ever could.

Thats fine but my comment was referring to the part in the Bombcast where they mentioned how in Dragons Dogma you can go up a mountain and theres nothing to do there unlike games like Skyrim that have finely crafted worlds - which is where I didn't understand what they meant because I thought Skyrim was just as bereft of any significant encounters out in the wild as any other open ended game.

Posted by MildMolasses

I totally did the same thing with the diablo server. I don't know why it didn't default to NA since my account location is Canada and I never even though to check for that when I started, but now I understand why my shitty playing experience seems so different than everyone else in this region. Oh well. I'll finish my play through and then start a new game on the correct servers

Posted by Totori
@JazGalaxy said:

@Totori said:

@Humanity said:

Than you'll love dragon's dogma
Posted by RichieJohn

http://www.jamcityrollergirls.com/

Came out for the Wii. I didn't play it. But it got a 59 on metacritic which really isn't that bad for a niche Wiiware game.

1000 points is a little too much for a game I'm not sure about but if you want a roller derby game there it is.

Posted by coaxmetal

Jeff is definitely right about diablo 3 taking place in a belt factory. I always thought I found a bunch. Just started a new char, found 2 tops, 1 bottom, 4 hand axes, and 7 belts so far.

Posted by CaLe

Oh the wedding they were talking about the whole intro was Dave's? Well damn, now I feel bad for calling it irrelevant nonsense (and minutia). I deserve to have my leg eaten for that shit.

Posted by uhohlovehascometotown

?~Where is the giantbomb gang in Max Payne 3

Posted by DrStrangepork

@NekuCTR: No problem, I'm not to fond of the cannibalism talk myself. Anyway I think these guys would taste a little "gamey" ahem... eh... uh... okay, I'll leave.

Edited by Nayson

Ryan, you cant give Will Smith shit for not being able to pronounce "executable" when you cant pronounce "reagent". Its re-agent, as in a reactive agent.

(And yes, I appreciate this will probably be the most boring message ever posted on Giant Bomb.)

Posted by SuperJoe

Itagaki can make a rollerderby game, though it would be rated M for gratuitous panty shots.

Edited by DrJota

Salud Mr. Davis!

BREAKING EDIT:Anytime you hear a record stop,you know shit just got real.

Posted by smitty86

I'd just like to say that I respect the shit out of Jeff (even more) for knowing and liking Cheap Seats. That show was hi-larious. Where is my dvd of it ESPN, you bastards?

Posted by Ghostiet
@Nayson said:

Ryan, you cant give Will Smith shit for not being able to pronounce "executable" when you cant pronounce "reagent". Its re-agent, as in a reactive agent.

(And yes, I appreciate this will probably be the most boring message ever posted on Giant Bomb.)

I always found that video hilarious exactly because it's Ryan giving him shit. The guy that can't pronounce "sword".
Posted by punkxblaze

@Ghostiet said:

@Nayson said:

I always found that video hilarious exactly because it's Ryan giving him shit. The guy that can't pronounce "sword".

I don't like being the guy that misses the joke, but incase you guys are serious, Ryan can pronounce shit just fine, he just chooses to say things like "Suh-word" and "Zambie" for the hell of it.

Posted by Ghostiet
@punkxblaze said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Nayson said:

I don't like being the guy that misses the joke, but incase you guys are serious, Ryan can pronounce shit just fine, he just chooses to say things like "Suh-word" and "Zambie" for the hell of it.

I know. It doesn't change the hilarious irony of that Bombcast bit.
Posted by blacklab

Please please please more Just Cause!

Posted by Sabata

Yes! The return of British Brad!

Posted by konshus

More like BESTcast!

....Ok, I'll shut up now.

Posted by Hashbrowns

@JazGalaxy said:

@Totori said:

@Humanity said:

You just became my best friend.

Posted by thebigJ_A

I haven't had time to listen yet. Are any of them playing DayZ? People need to play that mod. Need to.

Posted by Nayson

@punkxblaze said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Nayson said:

Indeed. I think the "suh-word" gag was born out of sword and sworcery on the iPad, but reagent is re-agent, not regent. Its a reactive agent, not a part of the British regency.

Posted by Incapability

Those of you who are missing the humor in mispronounciations are too serious, and you need to get out more. The humor stems from the fact that we know damn well how to pronounce stuff - you're all stuck in this loop of rabid semantic-paranoia where you tense up like tiny coils, waiting to explode when someone mispronounces a word, in order to lecture them on their mistake to indicate your intellectual superiority.

In this case, said superiority is non-existent. Suh-word.

Posted by fox01313

Remember a past bombcast or video on the site where Ryan says that he knows he's saying some words differently & for some reason just finds it amusing. Considering all the crazy & in-jokes going on the site, people shouldn't be so hung up on how words are pronounced. It'd probably just drive those pronunciation rules lawyers insane to try to figure out why or expect that a comment on the site will cause people to magically change to where they are saying things right.

Posted by squidracerX

I love you guys to death, but i have to point out that this new PS3 fighting game Sony is putting out, and that Jeff is saying its "cool", makes me kinda "???". At both Sony and you guys as well. Over two years ago (you can see it in my "lists") i suggested they make a Kart Racer like Nintendo's Mario Kart; and then i even emailed into the Bombcast and suggested the same thing after Sega's Sonic All Star racing came out, (which i loved but hated or didn't know half the characters). I forget what Bombcast it was, but it was read and Jeff quickly and bluntly brushed my idea aside and basically said it was a poor idea and Sony didn't have enough characters.

Then recently i see they are doing Little Big Planet Kart racer? Sony, why not include all the other dudes in your IP suitcase i wondered? Then i see they are doing that but in a Smash Bros type game. See Jeff, they DID totally have enough good characters, and i doubt they will even get into most of the female characters that could have been put in a Kart game (like they do with Peach and Toad); or funny vehicles/cars like a Wipeout Kart or Gran Turismo Kart Or Pixel Junk ship etc..... just saying i thought it was a good idea years ago.... And you guys didn't :) And Sony didn't seem to think so either? Hopefully this game does well and we see a Sony Kart racer like Sonic All-Stars. Still love you guys, in a manly slap on the back kid of way.

• 183 results