210 Comments
Posted by Y2Ken

Man this is nuts. Old theme shenanigans.

Posted by simkas

What was that 64 rooms game they talked about 30 minutes in? I couldn't fully understand the name, it was like Honk or Onk or something?

Posted by Superfriend

Is Ryan even part of GB anymore? He seems to be away most of the time.

Posted by Subjugation

I love Johnny V. That was the best ending to the podcast ever. I love how he just busts into a story about Taco Bell.

Posted by TwoLines

@thebigJ_A said:

You can fly in Fez??

I thought they were avoiding spoilers . :/

The game never tells you. And there's no way to figure it out on your own. This is not a spoiler.

Posted by Christoffer

Shouldn't in be "Inactivision" and not "Unactivision"? Just saying.

Great podcast guys!

Posted by Irishmarkerhead

The sound isn't great this time :(

Posted by Anwar

Why does 'port' imply anything negative about the game? That's the first time I heard anyone say something like this.

Posted by HighPriest

@simkas said:

What was that 64 rooms game they talked about 30 minutes in? I couldn't fully understand the name, it was like Honk or Onk or something?

ANKH: 64 Rooms: An Adventure in the Metareal World

And no, there is no relation to the 1998 game Ankh: The Tales of Mystery, nor the Ankh franchise that was supposedly a reboot/followup to Tale of Mystery.

Actually, the C64 game doesn't even appear to have a page here so... someone get on that.

Posted by HighPriest

@Superfriend said:

Is Ryan even part of GB anymore? He seems to be away most of the time.

Give Ryan a break, he's busy retrieving ancient religious artifacts from tombs, keeping them out of Nazi hands.

Posted by AlexanderSheen

@nnnope said:

@Castermhief117 said:

Aww no Drew? I thought they were going to have an NK special this Bombcast!

same!

What?! Boo!

Posted by Moth_Pope

@DrLucian said:

I think the dude who does the sudo-freestyle rap at the beginning of Trials Evo is Brandon DiCamillo of Jackass fame, since he does some of the in game grunts and such.

Yep, I think it's him too. Like you said he did a lot of the Trials HD stuff. Definitely sounds like him and he has loads of freestyles on YouTube from his CKY days which have similar flow.

Posted by Humanity

@Anwar said:

Why does 'port' imply anything negative about the game? That's the first time I heard anyone say something like this.

Patrick often states quite controversial opinions on what is considered the status quo.

Posted by Australia

@Korolev: Yeah, downloading with a Bigpond Internet connection is damn near impossible.

Posted by randiolo

Its taking me 5 hours to download from itunes, this has happened the past few weeks, this happening for anyone else?

Posted by egan85

@randiolo: yeah was getting about 2kb/s download earlier

Posted by Christoffer

@Humanity said:

@Anwar said:

Patrick often states quite controversial opinions on what is considered the status quo.

People don't want to be reminded that the game was developed for an entirely different platform. That implies the game is not optimized, thus an inferior version.

Maybe you don't put that into to the word "port". But enough people do so it's hardly a controversial opinion.

(What's up with nitpicking every word Patrick says? It's not like the rest of the crew's every statement is completely flawless.)

Posted by BiG_Weasel

Is it me, or does Jeff keep the gang on task better than Ryan? They were into "Whatcha playin'?" at record time. Podcast is about an hour shorter, too.

Posted by mnzy

@TwoLines said:

@thebigJ_A said:

You can fly in Fez??

I thought they were avoiding spoilers . :/

The game never tells you. And there's no way to figure it out on your own. This is not a spoiler.

That was the first time I heard it and I'm at 209%...

Posted by mbr2

Oh god Brad stop saying meta game. It doesn't mean what you think it means.

Posted by vinster345

@alanm26v5: Don't listen till about 20:00. They goddam spoiled a big moment for me already

Posted by Humanity

@Christoffer said:

@Humanity said:

@Anwar said:

People don't want to be reminded that the game was developed for an entirely different platform. That implies the game is not optimized, thus an inferior version.

Maybe you don't put that into to the word "port". But enough people do so it's hardly a controversial opinion.

(What's up with nitpicking every word Patrick says? It's not like the rest of the crew's every statement is completely flawless.)

Vinny is absolutely flawless, like a beuatiful Italian diamond.

Posted by MayorFeedback

Holy crap, $25 power bill??? I live in Florida and during the summer (and this is keeping the temperature in the house close to 80, running the AC as little as possible), the power bill is regularly over $300. :(

Posted by MisterMouse

The Platinum Medals portion was CLASSIC Bombcast! Great Stuff.

Posted by mrfluke

@MayorFeedback: bro i live in florida, and we run the ac as little as possible and our bill is around 400-600 :((((

maybe you should invest in some led bulbs and replace your bulbs with those. because now that i put those, my bill cut in half

Posted by MayorFeedback

: @mrfluke said:

@MayorFeedback: bro i live in florida, and we run the ac as little as possible and our bill is around 400-600 :((((

maybe you should invest in some led bulbs and replace your bulbs with those. because now that i put those, my bill cut in half

Yeah, we're all energy efficient bulbs around the house, those helped a lot when we first got them. But we bought that Nest thermostat a couple months ago and that thing rules and is already making a big difference.

Posted by MachoFantastico

Don't think I'm going to be playing more Fez, just not in the mood to stare at a symbol for several hours. Haven't had that moment that everyone else seems to have had where it all makes sense.

Posted by CornishRocker

Loving the second season theme on this, that was a great throwback. Awesome.

Posted by bovilexic

@ky326: That is NOT a mere taco, that is CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH, you ruffian! Get it right! Cheesy gordita crunch deserves better!

Posted by KCee

The Fez spoiler was really uncool.

Might not be a big deal to some people, but it really bummed me out as I have been really careful avoiding any spoilers so far. Discovering that for myself would have been amazing, those moments are what makes this game for me.

:-(

Posted by M3rlin

@kollay: You don't even wanna know!

Posted by MathewMcGee

YES!

wicked theme remix

Posted by chose

I bet Fez full completion is 360%

Posted by Arrested_Developer

Man it bugs me when brad talks about Trials, he's not good at the game.

Posted by CharAznable

@BiG_Weasel said:

Is it me, or does Jeff keep the gang on task better than Ryan? They were into "Whatcha playin'?" at record time. Podcast is about an hour shorter, too.

Jeff does a great job filling in as host, but I prefer as much rambling as possible. Any and all discussion of novelty food items is a bonus for me.

Edited by Terranova

in regards to the Witcher 2 it wasn't the whole game again to download the update to enhance edition was 10GB in size due to the extra content cut scenes etc all versions on the PC are that size if it were the full game it would be 20+GB to download.

Posted by Scottish_Sin

Starcraft talk always goes way over my head. :P

Posted by Ariketh

@Zacagawea said:

Love when Jeff hosts.

You can tell when the theme music starts playing because he usually plays the wrong one.

I agree, but as much as I love when Jeff hosts, he doesn't have that organization that Ryan does - though, let's be honest, perhaps it's because it's on short notice. But it's a nice shake-up to the normal format of the show, and I'm always happy to see him host.

Posted by depecheload

@KCee said:

The Fez spoiler was really uncool.

Might not be a big deal to some people, but it really bummed me out as I have been really careful avoiding any spoilers so far. Discovering that for myself would have been amazing, those moments are what makes this game for me.

:-(

But you never would have. They never give ANY clues that you can fly in the actual game.

Posted by Mathey

"Not to be too grim..."

Yeah, I have friends who recently had a kid and I started rambling about brain development while holding their child. It got weird.

Posted by handlas

Dunno what you guys are talking about with Prototype 2. I rarely watch TV and I've seen that commercial on TV so many times it's annoying. That live action trailer of the dood falling off the building and the Johny Cash song. The commercial kinda sux tbh.

Posted by Brad

@mbr2 said:

Oh god Brad stop saying meta game. It doesn't mean what you think it means.

What's your definition, pray tell? Because I'm using it consistently with the way the entire StarCraft community uses it.

Staff
Posted by dvorak

@mrfluke said:

You might want to do an energy analysis on your house. I also live in Florida and we run the AC constantly and our bill never really exceeds $400.

Posted by Solskugga

man that fez spoiler came from nowere. guess im gonna put it on ice now till i forget about it :/

Posted by ThePickle

Fez discussion: Alright, now I know why people say Patrick and Brad spoil shit.

Posted by Brad

It's not a spoiler, people. The game doesn't even tell you how to do it, and it doesn't work very well. It seems like a debug feature they just didn't bother to remove. You may now carry on.

Staff
Posted by mutha3
@Brad said:

It seems like a debug feature they just didn't bother to remove.

THATS THE CRAZY PART THOUGH

Its that point where I truly realized the indie platformer thing is just a front. Giving you an option that allows you to circumvent the platforming after you dig that deep seems like a very deliberate choice to me.
Posted by Xeirus

@Brad said:

It's not a spoiler, people. The game doesn't even tell you how to do it, and it doesn't work very well. It seems like a debug feature they just didn't bother to remove. You may now carry on.

Not to mention Jeff said it in last weeks bombcast... how is it suddenly a spoiler when Patrick says it but not Jeff? People love to hate, it's insane.

Posted by Krystal_Sackful

Giant Bomb needs to buy Game Informer.