210 Comments
Posted by Humanity

@Majkiboy said:

@Christoffer said:

@Humanity said:

@Anwar said:

Why does 'port' imply anything negative about the game? That's the first time I heard anyone say something like this.

Patrick often states quite controversial opinions on what is considered the status quo.

People don't want to be reminded that the game was developed for an entirely different platform. That implies the game is not optimized, thus an inferior version.

Maybe you don't put that into to the word "port". But enough people do so it's hardly a controversial opinion.

(What's up with nitpicking every word Patrick says? It's not like the rest of the crew's every statement is completely flawless.)

Never heard "port" being used in a negative fashion either. I didn't really understand what Patrick was referring to, just sayin'

I've heard the term port being used negatively quite often, but it's just the awkward phrasing that Patrick used which made it seem even more negative than usual.

That said Witcher 2 definitely has some porting-pains but they are minor issues and as a whole the game is transitioned quite well despite being a very PC-heavy RPG type.

Posted by PandaBear

@Humanity said:

@Majkiboy said:

@Christoffer said:

@Humanity said:

@Anwar said:

Why does 'port' imply anything negative about the game? That's the first time I heard anyone say something like this.

Patrick often states quite controversial opinions on what is considered the status quo.

People don't want to be reminded that the game was developed for an entirely different platform. That implies the game is not optimized, thus an inferior version.

Maybe you don't put that into to the word "port". But enough people do so it's hardly a controversial opinion.

(What's up with nitpicking every word Patrick says? It's not like the rest of the crew's every statement is completely flawless.)

Never heard "port" being used in a negative fashion either. I didn't really understand what Patrick was referring to, just sayin'

I've heard the term port being used negatively quite often, but it's just the awkward phrasing that Patrick used which made it seem even more negative than usual.

That said Witcher 2 definitely has some porting-pains but they are minor issues and as a whole the game is transitioned quite well despite being a very PC-heavy RPG type.

Yeah I've heard the word port used as a negative heaps. PC gamers getting annoyed at Battlefield 3 leading on PS3 and being "ported" to PC, Bayonetta being developed for Xbox 360 and ported to PS3 (remember those load times?)... The Witcher (first game) was ported to Xbox 360 and reportedly CD Projekt hated it so they redeveloped the game in-house this time around.

Ports usually mean a second team trying to make something made for one platform work on another... that's my understanding anyway. Geez ... cut Patrick some slack...

Posted by TullyAckland

Namco bandi published W2 in Europe, not THQ

Posted by danimal_furry

Hahaha! Platinum Medals!

Posted by GioVANNI

@BoogieWithStu said:

God dammit stop ruining shit in Fez. Flying? Really? That would have been really nice to have found out myself.

Trust me, it's something you'll appreciate them for spoiling. I've beaten everything there is to beat in Fez and I had no idea I could fly. I wish it were spoiled for me so I could at least use it

Posted by Talon64

I want a podcast 100% dedicated to Vinny's adventures in fathering.

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

@BiG_Weasel said:

Is it me, or does Jeff keep the gang on task better than Ryan? They were into "Whatcha playin'?" at record time. Podcast is about an hour shorter, too.

That's not a good thing.

Posted by infestedandy

Prototype 2 does NOT have an Online Pass. If you purchase the game in its opening weeks you'll get what's called the Radnet Edition. All that means is extra mutations, mini-games and other leaderboard options. There isn't a $10 fee if you buy it used.

Also, having played through the entire game, Prototype 2's frame rate is rock-solid. It's actually quite good.

Posted by T0mF5

Does Johnny say what I think he says at 2 hours and 10 seconds?

Edited by KaneRobot

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@BiG_Weasel said:

Is it me, or does Jeff keep the gang on task better than Ryan? They were into "Whatcha playin'?" at record time. Podcast is about an hour shorter, too.

That's not a good thing.

I agree. It's a great thing.

This was the most enjoyable episode in a while.