82 Comments
  • 82 results
Edited by Blue_Cube

Pachter was pretty much on the money with the smart glass.

Posted by lhedrick

Listen at 53:55 for a prescient set of predictions about the Xbox One.

Posted by BlackBlood

It feels like Christmas again with overflow of podcasts!

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

"Anything I say I'm pulling out of my ass."-Michael Pachter.

Posted by Falcoski

@d0m3l: What did tobuscus do at e3 that was bad?

Posted by Max_Cherry

Michael Pachter is awesome.

Posted by Supercancer

Oh shit, happy belated birthday, Ryan!

Posted by Hilts

Great podcast. Ill wager Patchers predictions about smart glass are spot on. Im loving E3 this year.

\

Posted by Encephalon

Jesus, Pachter. Self-deprecation is not an endearing quality; it's just annoying. Still love ya, but damn.

Posted by Quarters

I honestly found Pachter entertaining. I don't know why, but I've always liked his style. Even if I don't agree with what he says sometimes, he states it in such a manner-of-fact way that I just can't help but be amused. Plus, he just sounded wasted during this, and that made it even more fun.

Posted by gbrading

Ubisoft Massive is Massive Entertainment. They made World in Conflict. It's a great shame Ubisoft bought them so they won't make a new World in Conflict.

I understand why people might not gel with Pachter, and I disagree with almost everything he said, but as a gentleman he's alright, if a bit depressing (because he's always thinking so negatively about most things). But there's no reason to vilify him.

Posted by MrBubbles

@Branthog said:

@wompa421 said:

@Branthog said:

@ttocs said:

@wompa421: Really? WoW is boring to me now, but I loved it for multiple years. Star Wars Old Republic couldn't keep me subscribed for four months. The story was awesome, but the game was just boring.

WoW started to bore me, too, but it only took until six weeks after launch in 2004 for me to get there.

lol it only took me a week to get bored in WoW

Was that from launch? Or much later on? In 2004, WoW had enough polish and content to offer that it was tolerable for awhile. The same thing, in the last few years, is easily exhausted in a day or two -- because you quickly realize "oh, it's everything I've already played before".

Also, it might have actually only been three weeks instead of six - I don't remember. But definitely didn't play more than six.

well i played WoW when it came out and it never hooked me in so i got bored of it within a week. i played it recently as in a few weeks ago and in less than a day i didn't have any desire to play it anymore partially because it just felt and looked old and still didn't hook me in where as i started to play the SWTOR beta and was immediately hooked and couldn't wait for it to come out.

Posted by Abendlaender

Michael Pachter is fucking depressing....I really, really, really hope he is wrong. Damn, everything he says just sounds aweful to me and not in a "lololo Michael Pachter is a troll and is always wrong" but in a "Fuck....I hope this guy is fucking wrong with everything he says but he sounds like someone who would know..." way

Posted by Branthog

@wompa421 said:

@Branthog said:

@ttocs said:

@wompa421: Really? WoW is boring to me now, but I loved it for multiple years. Star Wars Old Republic couldn't keep me subscribed for four months. The story was awesome, but the game was just boring.

WoW started to bore me, too, but it only took until six weeks after launch in 2004 for me to get there.

lol it only took me a week to get bored in WoW

Was that from launch? Or much later on? In 2004, WoW had enough polish and content to offer that it was tolerable for awhile. The same thing, in the last few years, is easily exhausted in a day or two -- because you quickly realize "oh, it's everything I've already played before".

Also, it might have actually only been three weeks instead of six - I don't remember. But definitely didn't play more than six.

Edited by MrBubbles

@Branthog said:

@ttocs said:

lol it only took me a week to get bored in WoW when it first came out and then it took less than 1 day to get bored when i tried to play it recently.

Posted by Branthog

@ttocs said:

Posted by ttocs
@wompa421: Really?  WoW is boring to me now, but I loved it for multiple years.  Star Wars Old Republic couldn't keep me subscribed for four months.  The story was awesome, but the game was just boring.
Posted by MrBubbles

i don't think that WoW is better than SWTOR i prefer SWTOR to WoW (which bored the hell out of me playing both recently and when it first came out) and SWTOR is super addictive for me and has become one of my favorite games of all time.

Posted by Tr0n

Shame Star Wars 1313 was on high-end PC, NVIDIA, DX11. If it's released on the PC = cool.

Posted by numberThirtyOne

Pachter should have his own show where he browses Neogaf in real time and reads comments about himself in a sarcastic voice. That way, he maybe wouldn't torpedo other shows with that garbage.

Posted by AngelN7

Halo Reach was the last Halo game and I thought Bungie made a great job with that one.

Edited by Baal_Sagoth

Hell of a show to start with gentlemen! Brad Muir is always interesting to have around of course but you just cannot go wrong with Michael Pachter and Jeff Green. And in the same damn broadcast too. Very insightful discussion, great stuff.

Posted by Chippy180
Posted by jayjonesjunior

Dead Space 3 is the new F3AR

Posted by IronScimitar

Pachter is serving up Ryan on multiple fronts. I like it.

Posted by SuperJoe

RIP Wii grandmas (the dead ones)

Posted by NarcolepticBat

OH I hate that there's a Ben in the room, I look up every time. I feel for the Brad and Jeff's out there!

Edited by Marokai

Pachter being on the show last night was unfortunate, because he added very little to the proceedings. When he wasn't deliberately trying to antagonize Neogaf or purposely trolling any other video game demographic he could (subsequently adding nothing to the conversation) he was just rambling over defensively about past predictions and exposing the fact that he barely, if ever, actually plays video games by hating certain games for very little reason. What is supposed to be a show getting industry luminaries in to talk about E3 became a show revolving around Pachter and nothing else until the second part where Jeff finally came in and took over, when it became much lighter and easier to listen to, and more focused on the day.  

Nothing against Pachter being there inherently, but, it derailed the conversation more often than not into absolutely nothing but him acting like someone who just discovered the internet.

@Javes said: 

What's the fascination with NeoGaf among Giant Bomb folks? From my time spent there it feels like it's only populated by spergy 15 year old fanboys.

It's a site with unnecessary moderation and a barrier to entry so the site can be above the unclean rabble of the internet and feel better about themselves; also, it's a huge circle jerk of industry types who congregate there. (As if it's necessary to, considering the incestuous nature of the industry to begin with.)
Edited by bunkerbuster05

I love watching Pachter rip things apart. He's fucking hilarious, and right a lot of the time. Except for Watch Dogs, that looks ill.

Posted by jillsandwich

Thanks for not putting this broadcast on the: "coming up" section. I know I'm not the only one that was under the impression there was no broadcast yesterday.

Posted by AMonkey

Ugh...Pachter. Hate him.

Posted by EpicBenjamin

Michael "Pach-Attack" Pachter is always awesome.

Posted by seanconnery13

Pachter was getting annoying there. His whole thing on Watch Dogs was quite pretentious and then he was talking about the implausability of the smart phone. ITS A GAME, it could happen in a game. I've seen far more insane premises then that.

Posted by Sarumarine

Boats are the helicopters of Assassin's Creed.

Edited by GunslingerPanda

Alex Navarro and Brad Muir?

:(

I fucking take that back, Muir's being awesome today.

Posted by masterpaperlink

haha, sometimes i imagine pacther as a senile old man

Posted by kidman

@Snigs said:

Alexander Sliwinsky... I'm pretty sure it's spelled "Alexander Sliwinski"

Absolutely. Typical Polish last name.

Posted by Snigs

Alexander Sliwinsky... I'm pretty sure it's spelled "Alexander Sliwinski"

Posted by falling_fast

dong-ard

Posted by DarkShaper

Feels weird listening to this while playing SWTOR

Posted by ez123

Man, Pachter is obsessed. It was really funny when Alex said "You have GOT to stop doing that" after Pachter mentioned neogaf for the 100th time.

Muir is the best, he could just be one of the crew. Jeff Green was great as well.

Posted by WVUEers

Pachter is so right. If you disregard Asia the market for MMO's isn't extremely large, certainly not large enough to bank off of monthly subscription fee's. You have these games competing over a market that it's in all likelihood a one game a person market. With ordinary games the market is deep because consumers return for more, I just don't see many gamers willing to have multiple subscriptions, they'll likely choose "their game" and be done with it. That's such a shallow market. Not to mention this whole MMO bubble is essentially built on a bubble one game built. We're not entirely sure WoW wasn't just a phenomenon that hit in a special time and place, MMO's as a whole may be a genre that was limited to a certain time and a certain market that has since passed.

Posted by MeatSim

Pachter, Jeff green, and Brad Muir is gonna be a tough guest lineup to top.

Posted by Daiphyer

Pachter says alot of bullshit but he is a very humble dude. I like him a lot.

In conclusion: Fuck NeoGAF.

Posted by Chop

Gonna be honest, I found this one to be kinda boring. Everyone seemed completely beat and less than enthused to be there (sans Muir, of course).

Posted by mnzy
@ludorverr said:

sucks they didn't talk about shootmania. with brad basically saying "let's not talk about shootmania".

even if the game is no good I'd still like to hear some words on it.

I actaully think it looked good. A modern spin on the old PC shooters. That whole eSport part wasn't good. But that game is ahrd to show off.
Edited by Phished0ne

YO GUYS, UNFINISHED SWAN!

Also: shoutouts to Jeff Green's Grateful Dead tape collection.

Posted by CrossTheAtlantic

I had never heard Pachter speak before. Huh. Does he always sound so tired?

Posted by Dallas_Raines

@Fungiefips:

Yes.

Posted by triviaman09

Pachter needs to stop reading NeoGAF. Hell everybody needs to stop reading NeoGAF.

• 82 results