885 Comments
Posted by EnemaEms

Leigh twasn't the only thing bad about this Podcast, but she was the worst of it, followed closely by the Capcom dude that thought he was running things at the end. I am not a fan of Podcasts that have so many people on at once anyway. I understand that GB and 1Up like to have on all kinfds of people on during these Conferences, but they usually just turn into a clusterfuck. 

Please keep up the good work guys, I know this one was a learning experience.
Posted by SaucySala

Brian Eckberg should be pulled onto a podcast.

Oh yeah, wasn't a fan of Leigh either.

Posted by Phil

Probably one of the worst podcasts.  Tell that dumb gal that just because someone is trying to get a point in edge wise doesn't mean you raise your voice and yell over them.  Her voice is like fingernails on a chalk board!!!!

Edited by fr0sterson

Yeah, I agree, Leigh was very controlling and selfish with her thoughts. The podcast was going great before she decided that she was the only one with an opinion worth hearing. I don't blame the guys that left early.

Also, it seemed like she was kinda mean :/

Edit: Wow, i just read through the comments, and it seems some people agree with me. Even Leigh :p.

Edit 2: I just can't stress how bad I think she was. The first bad Bombcast EVER. It's painful to listen to, but for some reason I just can't stop D:

Posted by Sephiroth9997
@President_Evil said:
"Giant Bomb Cast- 1UP Yours edition, LOL."

LOL

That's exactly what I was thinking listening to this.  The amount of times she used the word "space" rivaled only Patric Klepek.  

Despite her insufferable rants, I quite enjoyed the podcast.  Especially the joke about the german on project runway!   
Edited by HassaniSabbah

Although she was a bit loud and off-topic, I don't think there would be these vicious personal attacks against her if she was a man. Totally uncalled for.

I wish I could say I expected better from the users at Giant Bomb.

Posted by MightyMayorMike

Eh, Leigh was a hot chatty mess, sure, but a lot of you guys are being ridiculous with how vulgar your attacks are. Grow the fuck up.

I enjoyed the podcast. Leigh needs to come back, this time without getting Sparked!

Posted by EndlessMike

The comments on this podcast = the cancer of our internets

Posted by Peter

Edit: Leigh Alexander appologized on her blog So I think that makes things pretty ok

Posted by Obienator

Leigh Alexander.....oh jesus make her stop talking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by EnemaEms

Please give a 3 day notice if Leigh is going to be on again. This way I can makae sure not to download that Bombcast.

Posted by imayellowfellow

leigh definitely went off topic alot and did have some problems with etiquette but i thot alot of what she had to say was interesting. I wouldnt want to see all podcasts going in that direction but she definitely made this one interesting

Posted by TheRizzle
@Tuffgong said:
" Anyone notice that we have this other side to girls in the larger gaming culture in terms of some women who take this assumed stance of authority simply because they're a female?  Often times it tends to stir the pot and confuse the issue. "
Completely agree with this. It's like they feel like they have to be seen so much that they don't realize when enough is enough. We get it. You have a vagina. It's tough to be in a male dominated industry. No other girls liked games when you were growing up.

Get over yourselves gaming ladies. You are not as special as you think you are. The age of being the only girl at your school into gaming is over, and you don't have to get all butthurt because you are not a unique snowflake.
Posted by MasturbatingBear
@twardybidon said:
" Who the hell is that girl?! I've heard her for the first extremely annoying time. I won't call her names but I think I could be entitled to. During the whole podcast she: - said crap about Capcom and their new RE idea - said crap about Bioware and their 'nerdness' - said crap about all people who didn't understand the genius of MGS and Kojima (only she did) etc. The only thing she talked good about were Nazis. She's not an analyst. She's anal. And one more thing girl: When Sir Jeff Gerstmann speaks You shut the fuck up! "
lol The shut the fuck up comment was hilarious. I liked every guest that has ever been on the bombcast. And it wasn't for me just her talking a lot. Wasn't the Paul Barnett? Not sure if that's how u spell his name. Dude talking a lot during the one gdc podcast? He talked a lot but he also let people speak, unlike the bitch, and let people have their opinions. If it was just cutting people off I would think it would be bad to call her names. But she criticizes everyone...
Posted by MasturbatingBear
@ipwn:
man shut up. Kraig was awesome with his questions.
Posted by ohwiseone
@remixrunixlp: I agree with what you replied with but i also make the point of, after spending a WHOLE day doing interviews, and seeing games and getting ran over, don't you think your gonna be wanting to speak up about stuff you saw, what made you excited what didn't and what you have problems with
(Though IMO i think the whole Bioware is nerds comment went a bit too far)

but after spending a whole day trying to get a total of 5 minutes to interview your gonna be hyped up, and wanting to go fast, and wanting to make there point and get out of the way..

anyway I think she added the bit of the edge that was good for the podcast, do i think she went too far with somethings YES, Do i think she was a good addition Yes, I want her back, I just want them to be there when she is a bit calmer and, had not spent a whole day on the show floor
Posted by Xiemos2
@President_Evil said:
" Giant Bomb Cast- 1UP Yours edition, LOL. "
Seriously.

Leigh needs to shut the fuck up. Here I was listening to the Bombcast, finding myself more and more aggravated at the dumb bitch that wouldn't shut her mouth and finally decided to check these comments to see if anyone else agreed with me; thank god people do!

Posted by BaconGames

An hour into the podcast, the level of rant coming from Leigh isn't something I can just brush off.  It was the quick string of one polarized opinion after another that really just made it frustrating to listen to given her dominance in the podcast.  It's a shame that she had some really good points but it was just ruined by some unreasonable stuff.

Anyone notice that we have this other side to girls in the larger gaming culture in terms of some women who take this assumed stance of authority simply because they're a female?  Often times it tends to stir the pot and confuse the issue.

Posted by President_Evil

Giant Bomb Cast- 1UP Yours edition, LOL.

Posted by DJMattB241
@RVonE said:
"
@robio said:
"20 minutes in she still won't shut up"
Right there with you man... "
Myself as well. 35 minutes left in my podcast and I think there's been about 10 minutes where she wasn't talking fucking NON-STOP, and talking over the top of everyone, and interrupting everyone, and repeating the same repeating the same repeating the same repeating the same three words over and over until everyone else shuts up and listens to her.

Please don't ever have her again on the podcast. She's making my damn ears bleed. She said she had to leave in five minutes about fifteen minutes ago. LEAVE.
Posted by Parsnip

Also, I would totally want to see a new 2D Castlevania on a console as well. I've been wanting to see that since forever, but they just keep pumping out those handheld games.

Just think of how awesome it would look with hand drawn sprites and all that shit in 720p.

Posted by RVonE

Go White Knights go!

Edited by Parsnip

The best part of all this Leigh hate is that internets is bat-shit crazy and it's 38 pages of hating already.

But I feel bad for Ulf because he got to say like 12 words during the whole thing, and you could hear him starting to say something a few times but he got cut off.

So in conclusion, more fucking awesome swedes in future podcasts thanks!

Posted by louiedog

I went out to buy some food (10 minute walk each way) and put this on my mp3 player. I got my food, came home, and realized I forgot to stop at the ATM which I had to do today. So I walked back to the bank, walked back home, and she was just finishing up her rant. Ugh. Please, everyone else on the podcast talks with each other, sometimes at the same time, but they're not in competition.

Leigh? "No! No! Let me make my point! I'm going to talk louder! Listen to this! Stop talking while I'm talking or I'll just repeat the first word of the sentence over and over until someone let's me make my point! Don't you dare assume you have an opinion on this subject, only I do! Listen! Listen! Listen! No! No! Listen! Listen! I think this! Listen!"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Her arrogance is not appreciated. I like the Bombcast because the guys are hilarious and have interesting discussions. I don't want a lecture from a person who thinks louder is a better argument. I even agree with her on a lot of the stuff, but wtf, she does not play well with others.

Posted by Warihay

Alright podcast. I know it's already been made clear, but sorry Leigh. I just couldn't stand her. First time I almost decided to just stop listening to a bombcast but I was able to make it through.

Posted by dabada

Sorry, but, I really liked Leigh.

Carrie Gouskos used to go off on rants on the Hotspot.
Remember when Rich, Bob, and Jeff ganged up on her about the word "gamer."

I think Carrie and Leigh have a few things in common.
They both like Japanese RPGs
They're both MGS fans on a podcast with few MGS fans.
They both have a *gasp* feminine sensibility in an obviously male dominated industry.
They both are very intelligent and insightful.

Rich Gallup just did a better job at keeping the podcast on point. Heck, Rich was even able to keep Jeff reigned in. If not in the recording process, then in the editing room.

Posted by GiantTarget

Nothing against Leigh, but she really needs to learn some etiquette when it comes to discussion.  I found her to be extremely rude when she would butt in and not stop talking until she regained control of the floor.  If she is to appear again I would tell her to show some restraint and learn some manners.

Posted by remixrunixlp
@ohwiseone said:
" Leigh Was a different take on most things, I do think these multiple guests are kinda hard to understand, But I Do think Leigh, was a different take..I just wish that she wouldn't of interrupted pretty much everyone, I mean brad was pretty much quiet for the whole podcast "
qft.

I'm blown away by the shear hatred being spewed at the poor girl, because her take on things is from a decidedly different and interesting angle than the usual Bomb-Squad (and I welcome anyone willing to start talking about JRPGs on this site dammit!). But seriously, next time ya'll have her on, try and reign back her excitement a bit, because she's leaping over everyone in this podcast.
Posted by Absurd

Goddamn outgoing women.

Posted by Doogie2K

Doesn't everyone know the First Law of Podast Thermodynamics?  The more guests you have, and the more intoxication involved (alcohol, taurine, E3 tiredness), the greater the probability of an absolute clusterfuck?  It was neither the worst Bombcast (post-PAX panel drunken shenanigans), nor the worst show-stopping bit of ranting (drunken Scotsman on ListenUP at GDC), so...maybe people should be less douchey.

Posted by pirate_republic

I couldn't finish this podcast because that woman won't FUCKING SHUT UP.
JUST SHUT UP WOMAN, STOP TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE PODCAST WITH ALL YOUR BORING BACKSTORY AND BIG WORDS.

Posted by CharleyTony

I listened to the whole show and I really liked it. Given you might not want to have so many special guests on one show and I wouldn't want the Bombcast to always feature new people, but I really liked what Leigh Alexander brought near the end.
Bombcast fans need to stop going overboard with their comments in here. This ain't a console war, its a podcast. It was a pretty good one. You can like it or dislike how it went but for the love of God dont start using phrases like "Best Bomcast EVAR !!!!" or "Ihated so much that I almost committed suicide.

Grow Up Internet Bipolar A-Holes !

Edited by ohwiseone

Leigh Was a different take on most things, I do think these multiple guests are kinda hard to understand, But I Do think Leigh, was a different take..I just wish that she wouldn't of interrupted pretty much everyone, I mean brad was pretty much quiet for the whole podcast

Posted by Bad_JuJu

Generally I like it when industry guests stop by.  But, please. Please! PLEASE!!! Do not have Leigh return to the show.  She rambles and spouts her thoughts the instant they pop in her head.  At some point she said she just wanted to understand someone else's point of view, yet she wouldn't stop talking to hear that the guy from Capcom was trying to respond to her.  She is the equivalent of a female Tor Thorsen.  I was ready to give up on the show when she finally left.  Thank God for small favors.

Edited by manicproblematic
@robio said:
" Leigh Alexander does not need to breathe, she fakes it so people think she's human so they invite her on podcasts, than she reveals her true self and rapes your ears with an unending string of wack ass punditry.  Kill it with silver Jeff, kill it with silver. "
My thoughts exactly!.. well said!... I never want to hear Leigh EVER!!! (get it) again couldn't make it to the end of the podcast thats how much she annoyed me!... like does she understand the basic premiss of a podcast or conversation in terms of letting somebody else speak  for a bit? 
Posted by ververdan0226

maybe leigh needs some more boning in her life...

seriously though, i don't mean that. she can talk, but she does have some fascinating, if very long-winded thoughts. her ideas on kojima's ideas of game design and virtual worlds were actually pretty interesting. 

two podcasts in a row though, and no Vinny... come on guys

Posted by 3danthony

That lady is killing me. 

Posted by Undeadpool

THE SWEDES ARE BACK! :D