884 Comments
Posted by NickM

Best part of the podcast was when all of the other guys started talking over her about gothic while she was trying to speak. Karma's a bitch isn't it Leigh?

Posted by babz

just reading back im shocked at some of the comments......
im telling you iv been here from day 1 been following the crew for years before and im also telling you all the negative comets about Leigh Alexander are wronggggggggggggggggg. was kinda like what the hell, but then wow what a show. greattttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
if anyone got anything to say about it let me know.

Posted by JHawk

Wow, not use the extreme levels of pretentiousness brought to the table by Leigh Alexander and her constant cred dropping.  This chick likes the sound of her own voice a little too much me thinks.  I enjoyed the higher level of discourse but I could see Leigh being the kind of person that would shout you down if you really attempted to debate her on an issue.

The miracle of this Podcast was that you managed to keep the overtalking to a minimum despite the cast of thousands.

Anyway, love you guys. Keep doin' what you do best.

Posted by babz

very good show.

Posted by bartholomew999

I'm torn, I really appreciated Leigh's perspective and what she had to say.  I LOVED HER HONESTY ABOUT HOW SHIT RE5 WAS.  She did talk over others at time and if she were to scale that back I'd like to hear her on again.  I just also really like that there was some disagreement on the bombcast.  The guys usually agree a lot and a little conflict can be really cool.

Posted by Colin

That woman gave me a sore head :(

Posted by rpgobjects

Count me in the group that thinks that Leigh Alexander was so annoying and incomprehensible.  None of her points made sense and anytime people challenged her she changed her mind.  It was just babbling.  Several of the things were a bit insulting and I'm not easily insulted.   I love the bomb cast, but if i hear her voice again, I'll have to skip that cast. 

Posted by Gennolli

Wow. That girl talks over everyone throughout the entire Podcast. I would love to see a word count of her versus everyone else.

Posted by Colonel_Fury

Its time to get over this stuff. Move on. Its a podcast, you could always not listen.

Posted by ahriman22

She tried to commandeer the podcast. 

SHE TRIED TO COMANDEER A GB PODCAST!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Posted by kraigk

Man, what a crazy response on these forums.  Love this site.

We were all pretty hopped and drinking away. Those Sparks are like drinking a liquid Sweet Tart that blasts your mind.

It was a good time and hopefully we can all laugh at the debaucherous (is that even a word?) fun that is a Giant Bombcast.

Posted by BranDong
@Harknett: Excellent post.  Giant Bomb podcast have become mothers tit milk to a bunch of whining babies! It's just a fucking E3 special podcast.. this is not the end of the world you'll get your regular scheduled  "normal" podcast every Tuesday!  I still found this one to be very entertaining!
Posted by p4ddym1607

I thought Leigh Alexander was a great guest.
I agreed with a lot of what she was saying.

Edited by BPRJCTX

Ok, this is the second bombcast i've listen to, the first one was great, but, holy shit!!!

I had create an account on this site, just to post how fuckin bad this shit was, and to adivice you to NEVER!!!
NEVER!!!  LET THIS BITCH SPEAK AGAIN!!! NEVER!!!

I don't really know how to explain this feelin' i have right now, but man, i know one thing, i wanna punch somebody in the FUCKIN' FACE!!!

Better yet, someone please, punch that bitch in the fuckin face and make her shut the fuck up already.

One of the worse shit i've listen to, on the fuckin' internet.

I had to turn the sound off, from time to time, just to get to the end of this shit.

I can't fuckin' understand how someone could let this girl talk about video games, it's... Man, and i'm a fan of MGS, and Kojima, but man, it's unexplicable.

One last thing, i really regret listening to this, wow.

Posted by Harknett
I'm sure someone has already said what I'm about to but I'm not about to wade through thirty-something pages of clashing praise and hatred to find out.

This was probably the best podcast I have ever listened to that didn't feature Ira Glass. When I listen to a group of people discuss media I want to hear conflicting ideas and personalities. The fact that Leigh seemed to be talking over people at any given moment wasn't her fault, it was the fault of having that many people with various agendas on mics at the same time. It has nothing to do with the "white knight" theory that people are tossing around on Twitter and GAF, I would defend anyone in a similar situation. Had someone like Ryan Scott or Garnett Lee been on the podcast, neither of whom have vaginas as far as I know, and done the same thing I would be approaching the situation with this exact same logic. 

People seem to treat their video game podcasts like comfort food these days. They rise up in outrage over the spices that someone placed in their mother's mashed potatoes as if it were an attack on their very person. When hosts and writers cave to this ideal their product quickly turns into a sea of circle jerks and agreements rather than a discussion about video games that approaches the subject from all angles. I'm glad that the Bomb crew seems to have enough integrity to say, "note to people with opinions on our day 2 podcast: we get it. you loved/hated it. moving on!" and view the entire thing as an experience that can be learned from rather than caving to the views of the masses.

Posted by Kush

From the twitter of Ryan Davis himself...

"note to people with opinions on our day 2 podcast: we get it. you loved/hated it. moving on!"

...Maybe you guys should listen to the man and move on already. This is absolutely ridiculous and I can't believe people are still complaining about this.

Posted by Kraznor

My opinion is this was an extremely interesting and enjoyable podcast. Leigh Alexander was a fine guest and I wouldn't mind a future appearance.

Posted by Afroman269

I love how the bombcast become better to listen to the second that Leigh Alexander left.

Edited by welded

Please do not have Leigh Alexander on the podcast ever again.

Thank you.

@pweidman said: 
"It was wildly off topic, full of posturing BS ala 1up, and terribly moderated."
Yup, that just about sums up the 1Up podcast which I also stopped listening to as well. :/
Posted by pweidman

First podcast I just had to turn off.  It was wildly off topic, full of posturing BS ala 1up, and terribly moderated.   Note to Ryan Davis: keep up the integrity of the show(and you are the one who does this)by keeping it mostly on-topic, and having no more than 4-5 people on at a time so we can hear their opinions and takes in some sort of comprehensive way. Hell it's E3 for christ's sake, we want the news and opinions of those who we trust.  Be responsible to your audience GB!!!

Edited by Wokisan

Well I'm about an hour and a half in...hmmmm.

My main gripe is the cutting off of others. What I love about the Bombcast is being able to hear everyone's perspective. I hate when someone shouts down everyone else. I don't agree with some of her views and she is too judgmental for my tastes but she's entitled to that. That's fine, if everyone had the same views the world would be really boring.

Just give everyone a chance to talk and present the opposite view.

Posted by Tebbit

Gothic?

Gothic.

Gothic!
Posted by jtwalker

The chick from gamasutra ruined this podcast.

Posted by Dynamo22

She's annoying as all hell.

Posted by CoIin

I feel like the people commenting here have never gotten drunk or saw a friend get drunk and talk forever. Grow up. She's just a person and had a lot of great points. This is why Giant Bomb is so great. It's not corporate, it's just people who like video games talking about video games. Leigh was a great guest and hopefully we hear more from her.

Posted by Viforce

Speaking too much is one thing but cutting people in the middle of their words is just unexceptable. I  get extremely mad and irritated when she cuts in! I am sad that other guys had to leave without talking much because of her hogging all the time.

But then since she is now sorry about it,no more bad feelings.  All forgiven.

Posted by ElCapitan

More Leigh! She's great!

Edited by HazBazz

I'm jumping on the Leigh hate train here. She needs to shut up. She has some interesting points, but she just talks over everyone. And whenever somebody tries to make a funny point, she just says "Shut up im trying to talk".

EDIT: Just read her apology on her blog. At least she admits she was being annoying

Posted by JestSpider

I know its been said but i gotta 80 times reiterate.....man this chick is annoying. Not just her voice, but her willingness to argue over insignificant details...man please no more of this lady

Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud
@hakunin said:
" @Stephen_Von_Cloud: "You're wrong!" Great argument there, buddy.Just because you cover it does not mean you are a part of it. I'm pretty sure E3 would still be held if GB didn't exist. "
Haha, and what a great argument for you.  I pointed out why you are completely wrong, and then said so.  If you cover E3 you are completely a part of the overall experience.  The media that covers events is part of the event.

Nice try though man.
Posted by Supermarius

Also. Its definitely reprehensible to attack her with sexist terms, but im pretty sure that if she had been a guy ppl would have still been giving her a hard time. I personally would never call a woman a c-word because I like women and want them to like me and fear that they all share a psychic link which will inform the female collective if i am a jerk to even one of them. :P

Posted by Cirdain

This bombcast ep is terrible. Why was it so bad -> Leigh Alexander.

Posted by Supermarius

Well, she definitely wasn't good. The problem is she lets herself indulge in the pseduo-intellectual sort of talk about videogames thats it totally useless to most gamers. I think it comes from thinking about games more than you actually play them. I dont want to hear her unified theory on the game industry and neither does hardly anyone else. Its fine to talk as much as she did, i think, but talk about gameplay and graphics and multiplayer and real tangible aspects of videogames.

She sorta sounded like Tim Rodgers, who i loved in his FFDog final fantasy endurance run movies, but man is that guy full of very elitist, japanophile hot air.

Posted by CharAznable

After being a long-time fan, I created a Giant Bomb account just to comment here. Far less Leigh Alexander, and way more Ulf Anderson was needed. I was bummed when he had to leave, he's a really interesting guy to listen to.

Despite the hour-long tirades on Resident Evil, "virtual worlds," and sexy Nazis, listening to the Bombcast is always a highlight of my day.

Posted by x_beox

Does Leigh Alexander ever take a breath?  Terrible podcast and she is an annoying know it all.  

Posted by K9

Not liking the guests on the podcast is one thing but going to Leigh Alexander's website and verbally abusing her is idiotic and in poor taste. Just because you are posting on internet does not mean that you are not interacting with other human beings and it does not make it permissible to act outside proper etiquette. Also in the process of calling her names you are  dragging the entire giantbomb community in mud. For the sake of this website don't post any more insulting messages at her website. And if you are one of the community members who insulted her it would be appropriate to apologize for such silly behavior.

Posted by Teh_Eel

Leigh got a little annoying towards the end but not as bad as some people are making out. She had some interesting points and stop the podcast from becoming dull.

Posted by Jothel

Pretty funny to see the constant loop of people who obviously don't like Leigh's contribution, the people white-knighting and the people who genuinely enjoyed the podcast, this has been going on for like 13 hours straight

Posted by MisterD

When should you have Leigh back on the show? How about... NEVER!

Posted by gunslingerNZ

Stop having a whinge fest, Leigh is great. Definitely one of the most intelligent and informed games journalists out there, thanks for getting her on the show guys!

Edited by Sorax

I have to jump on the pile. I pressed play on this podcast hoping to catch some E3 insights before I fell asleep. But then my dreams started morphing into a screeching valkyrie clawing at my ears. Fortunately I was still cognizant enough to locate the remote's mute button.
This morning, it interested me to see so many people had a similar reaction to Leigh as I did. I've met plenty of girls that match her archetype and I just don't get on with them.
The bullet points in the comments made me skip around just to hear them and it was worth it. Microsoft is a bunch of frat boys? Nazi uniforms are sexy "objectively"? Metal Gear Solid is too deep for simple minds to get.
Leigh, you made it personal when you cutoff Brad talking about Prototype to say essentially nothing! That hurt me it really did. And then you retreated to the bastion sought by so many before you "I was drunk!"
Enjoyed the last 30 mins with the Capcom guy's questioning.

Posted by Andrela

Sooo much shouting over people in this podcast

and ss uniforms are not sexy

Edited by killername
Objectively I think that the Gamasutra girl should never appear on a podcast.
Posted by Nayson

She wasnt going to the bathroom to take a piss, was she?   *sniff sniff*

Posted by Prymet1me

The chick on this podcast is ANNOYING

Edited by Yagami

Sorry to say this, but that girl really needs to learn how to shut up, and let other people talk sometime.

Posted by richieinjapan

When do I next wanna hear Leigh Alexander on a Bombcast?

NEVER.

Posted by Nzwei

blablablablablablablablablablablablablabla Fuck blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla Fucking blablablabla Fuck . Jesus, who let this girl in the room. Don't do it again. She has some good points BUT its painful to listen to her.

Posted by sandal_hat

Oh man that was just grating on my eardrums I don't mean to hate on anybody but it just really pisses me off when people talk over other people, hella rude. Also I felt bad for Olf almost like when he could not get a word in edge wise he was just  screw it and left(just a speculation) but either way he was the best guest of all of em and he stayed the shortest. :(

Posted by CrazyCrazyDoctor

While she did talk a bit much, I completely agreed with her on video game analysis, it's not done enough. I'd definitely argue that Kojima is not the only one who does stuff like this though, but I'm glad she pointed it out. I'd love to get my Planescape: Torment analysis on sometime.

Okay, I'm an English major.