885 Comments
Posted by bonidex

Hands down one of the funniest bomb cast ever. I'm starting with the old ones and I hear some people complaining about this one. The new ones must be fantastic then because I loved this one.

Posted by Anwar

You Don't Know Jack before it got made and talk about general stuff from Jellyvision. That dude should be invited again.

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy
@Thiago123 said:
Going back and listening to a lot of old casts that I never got around too.  Geez this one was terrible.  I thought she was just drunk in the other E3 cast Leigh was on (2010?), but no she just likes to hear herself talk.  She wins the award for Most Interruptions in 2 hours.  I'm halfway through and shutting it down...will have to skip any future shows she is on.  "I'm objective..." followed by 2 hours of judgement.
Yeah I just listened to this and.........jesus fuck. She talks for minutes on end. I wanted to rip my ear buds out in the middle of exercising and smash them on the concrete.
Posted by Thiago123

Going back and listening to a lot of old casts that I never got around too.  Geez this one was terrible.  I thought she was just drunk in the other E3 cast Leigh was on (2010?), but no she just likes to hear herself talk.  She wins the award for Most Interruptions in 2 hours.  I'm halfway through and shutting it down...will have to skip any future shows she is on.  "I'm objective..." followed by 2 hours of judgement.

Edited by SavageM2

I thought it was kind of interesting hearing Leigh. Some of her input, there was a ton of it. :P

Edited by Karmann

Re-listening while I work, honestly I didn't remember this podcast, 40 minutes in, she's actually quite interesting. Way better than 2010, at least 40 minutes in, let's see where this goes... 

EDIT: 1:40 in, she's in hyper mode now, but at least she's talking about games, pretty annoying, but not as bad as 2010 though... 

EDIT2: 1:45, she left, not that bad, talking a mile a minute, but not the sloppy drunken mess of the 2010 Bombcast.

Posted by EliasT

Shit bombcast, not really just because of Leigh, but just overall kind of passive aggressive and lame, I love every other Bombcast I have ever listened to, though.

Posted by ZmillA

one of the best bombcasts ever. Some of you people need to get out of the house

Posted by Cheapoz

Still my favourite Bombcast moment ever is Ryan's tone of voice after Leigh leaves. 

So, so terse.

Posted by JokerSmilez

It really is too bad she got really drunk and ruined this podcast. She's actually a good writer and games journalist, most of the time.

Posted by Sanj

How did i miss this podcast? Leigh Alexander is awesome lol.
Posted by DjTann3r

jeff is so pissed.

Posted by sandwich_adjustment

RIP Grin

Posted by VisariLoyalist
@junkie said:
" @WEGGLES: exactly...its well known... she just didn't explain/know the context well enough. hail hitler. "
uuuuuuuuuuh..................... OO
                                              V
                                              O
Posted by mudkip9000

LOL. I decided to listen to this podcast again while I played MW2. When you realize what's ahead, Leigh's insanity is hilarious. She is so full of herself.

Posted by Lukeweizer

Her schpeel about RE sex was the most annoying thing ever. Just because 2 guys touch each other, doesn't mean it's a homo erotic act. Grow the fuck up woman.

Edited by junkie
@WEGGLES: exactly...its well known... she just didn't explain/know the context well enough. hail hitler.  
Posted by Partisan189

The minute Leigh described herself as an "objective" person, I had a feeling she was so far up her own ass she would ruin this podcast with a long rant fueled with her own agenda. Low and behold I was right...

Posted by WEGGLES
@Ken420 said:
" I'm a bit late to the party but I just heard this Bombcast and felt compelled to comment. Here I was hoping for a comical bombcast with the appearances of the GRIN dudes again but it pains me to say that this was the worst Bombcast out of all of them.  Leigh can single-handedly take credit for that.  She makes 2 guests walk out, makes an unnecessary Nazi SS uniform sexiness comment, wouldn't let anyone get more than 3 words in and wasn't paying attention when she allowed the others to speak... "Oh I was zoning out"...   I wish she would've zoned out a lot more, maybe there would have actually been a discussion.   So contrary to what Leigh says, girls DO take dumps, in this case on a perfectly good bombcast.  Sure maybe she had an interesting point or 2, but it was overshadowed by her hyperactivity.  Next time Leigh's on, it will be a huge pass for me.  The fact people were actually excited to have her on? And she's actually got fans & a following? It truly boggles the mind... "
To her credit. The Nazi SS uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss and are excellent looking uniforms. Considering all the terrible things the nazis did... they rolled with style.
Edited by Ken420

I'm a bit late to the party but I just heard this Bombcast and felt compelled to comment.

Here I was hoping for a comical bombcast with the appearances of the GRIN dudes again but it pains me to say that this was the worst Bombcast out of all of them.  Leigh can single-handedly take credit for that.  She makes 2 guests walk out, makes an unnecessary Nazi SS uniform sexiness comment, wouldn't let anyone get more than 3 words in and wasn't paying attention when she allowed the others to speak... "Oh I was zoning out"...   I wish she would've zoned out a lot more, maybe there would have actually been a discussion.   So contrary to what Leigh says, girls DO take dumps, in this case on a perfectly good bombcast. 

Sure maybe she had an interesting point or 2, but it was overshadowed by her hyperactivity.  Next time Leigh's on, it will be a huge pass for me.  The fact people were actually excited to have her on? And she's actually got fans & a following? It truly boggles the mind...

Posted by Haoshiro

Man, at first I was annoyed she was being talked over; then she would not stop talking over everyone.

I think I'd have loved her on the show if she wasn't talking over everyone being so obnoxious.  One person should talk at a time, and be considerate of each other.

All in all, though, I think that is part of the problem of having too many people on a show; you can't fit that many people on a show comfortably and this bombcast is a perfect example.
Posted by GioVANNI

I don't know, I found this episode hilarious.

"Well, Jeff is hyped up on estrogen."  Golden.

Edited by Danyal

I just got back from a business trip and am listening to this episode now. I don't know what the hell everyone is talking about - this episode is so entertaining.

the hatred for this episode is unjust. it's like the hatred for Keys to the VIP - the hatred for that show is also confusing.

Posted by TomA

Too bad Leigh isn't a character in Happy Tree Friends.

Posted by El_Dom

Im sorry but that lady really bothered me. She constantly talked over people and yelled her opinion. Also she spent 60 bucks on a facebook app.

Posted by Derios

Good show.

Edited by mudkip9000

I'm listening to it again just because I hate myself. It's kinda funny the second time around. It's like a really gory video, the first time you wince, but you can't help but watch it again. Or it's like a lemonhead. It makes your whole face pucker, but you want more.

EDIT: OH GOD HER VOICE

Posted by tintin

Hi,

Long-time listener, first time poster.

Seriously, I don't give a monkey's about Leigh's opinions on army uniforms, Nazi or otherwise. Neither can she necessarily do anything about that whiny voice of hers . But what I can't forgive is the constant talking/shouting over other people, and trying to end their sentences for them (and usually getting it wrong.) Having an opinion is one thing, forcing it down other people's throats is another.

I understand you were being polite and accommodating to your guest but please Bombcast, never again.

TT.

Posted by dillonator
@Delta_Ass said:
Yea, all those mouth-breathing retards who play... hey, wait a sec... I don't think that's how educated people spell "altar." "
Ahh yes, the all too frequent myopian who can't really respond and instead hammers on a typo.  I guess I scored well, since that occurred at the end of the response.  I also suppose I floored you since that's the only way you felt capable of trying to get one over.  Kudos to you.
Posted by dillonator
@Meltbrain said:
Well, that's one heck of a retarded diatribe you've put together there, buddy. "
I knew sock puppets were incapable of cogent discourse.  Thanks for proving it.
Posted by Johanz

God. Damn. This is the worst podcast ever, and I like the show. It's not because of Leighs opinions or such, but man, a podcast doesn't work when people talk over eachother all the frickin' timeeeee. That makes bad bad bad radio. Geez, it's crazy.

Podcasts and radio work when people get to speak in order, so people can voice their opinions, calmly without shouting and without driving screws through your ears. This was just horrible. Please EDUCATE your guests before bringing them on. Put up a rule, god, something. The end was good, when stuff calmed down and it became listenable.

Posted by MeanrockD

The podcast was one of the best I've listened to. Hearing a fresh perspective on games is always interesting.

Also, I doubt most of the people in here could hold such an interesting conversation or be half as intelligent as Alexander when drunk and tired.

Posted by Freki
@kidman said:
"She goes out at 105minute so feel free to skip to there. "
Thanks for the info - gonna give the last part a chance then.. 
Posted by Delta_Ass
@dillonator said:
" I'm sorry, but the majority of you can't help but get in a nice line to give blow jobs to Jeff and sock puppet Ryan.  You bring outside voices in, you get a different product than the usual Jeff witticisms (which usually work), Ryan's unwarranted egotism and completely backhanded attitude towards the user base, Brad's inability to come off as anything more than a latte drinking hippie with a Jap fixation, and Vinny's underscored hilarity.  And there was jack shit of Vinny, and on this crew he's the second best voice on there.Now I'm sorry if you would love to have the same old stamped out usual shit, but sometimes a change of pace is good.  Then again most of the user base comes off as unwashed tools who think CoD4 is landmark and that BROSIVE video games made by Epic are the shit.  I rather hear random fireside chatter about game development theory.  So Leigh, while I do not necessarily agree with every single observation she made on this podcast, more than did herself well with a group of people who really bring jack shit to the table.  But I don't expect myopians to get it.  And a majority of you did not fail to disappoint.  Go worship again at the alter. "
Yea, all those mouth-breathing retards who play... hey, wait a sec... I don't think that's how educated people spell "altar."
Edited by Undeadpool

She does talk a bit overmuch, but what bugs me WAY more is her incessant Eastern Game fangirlishness. No, RE was NOT better when the characters controlled like tanks. She strikes me as the kind of person who, when she was younger, sat in the manga section of her local comic store reading, but never buying, and then complaining about the lack of quality products. I think it's funny to see how much abject misogyny ALWAYS comes out whenever a woman "dares" to tread in gaming.
Don't get me wrong, she does grate on the nerves eventually, but I think it's because she's aggravating personality, not "a chick."
Edit: It's sad because she often DOES make some interesting points, I just wish she'd let other people comment on those points instead of moving onto her next point immediately.