238 Comments
Posted by Anwar

Ryan just hates DC with every fiber of his being, right? Regulate the Marvel fanboyism a lil' bit please.

Posted by Korosuzo

@chilibean_3 said:

Guys, you can't possibly that bad at Spelunky, right? Yeah, it's not an easy game by any means but to give up before even getting anywhere near the normal end? This is a game that should be discussed come GOTY time for the downloadable games category.

Yeah I hope they aren't completely done with it but it sounds like that's the case. If Brad can't put in more than 10 minutes he won't be beating it anytime soon.

Posted by sublime90

"if its fuzzy im gonna ruzzy" lol that needs to be made into a shirt

Posted by Draxyle

The bombcrew have been developing some highly eccentric tastes lately, and I'm okay with that.

Posted by fox01313

Hearing Jeff taunt space & sky sending stuff after him, the first thing I thought of was the beginning of the show 'Dead Like Me' with the space debris taking out the lead actress. Good bombcast but massive derail for a lot of the start of it & took a while for the game discussions to start, not really a complaint just surprised by it.

Posted by supercubedude

The dramatic return of Dietrich

Posted by BBQBram

@miknein said:

Only dogs can hear it.

That's so unfair, they don't even care about games.

Posted by Indiana_Jenkins

I'm 31 minutes in and they haven't talked about games yet. I love it.

Posted by Phatmac

@Anwar said:

Ryan just hates DC with every fiber of his being, right? Regulate the Marvel fanboyism a lil' bit please.

Yet his favorite super hero is Batman.

Edited by Phoenix87

The bombcast is always best when it goes completely off the rails.

and

"profile set to private, oh well maybe her friends took pictures. Oh yeah there we go"

Its so true.

Posted by Arkasai

I haven't paid for a television subscription since 2007 and have no regrets. Also, this comic actually describes the exact situation being discussed about an hour in.

Posted by Dan_CiTi

It's hilarious how bad they are at Spelunky, I mean, it's tough but honestly the hardest part is just getting the stuff for Tunnel Duder. Beyond that, just throw rocks at everything an watch where you are jumping.

Posted by ThatIndianGuy7116

This is a really good episode of the Bombcast, as usual.

Also, dammit Ryan! The Amazing Spiderman was still pretty good! Although, I agree with some people that it isn't as good as the first one

Posted by Death_Burnout

It wasn't the 40 minutes of off topic, or the 'Dirtbag 40' as I am now calling it, that made this podcast special...

IT WAS DIETRICH.

Posted by Encephalon

I was playing Civ V and listening to the Bombcast at the same time, and I can't remember the outcome of either.

Posted by Cynically_Happy

I drew a picture of a hummingbird wearing a luchador mask with the title "el asesino de garganta rubí" (the google translated version of The ruby throated killer), but ended up not being able to scan it, so I just gave up and moved on.

Posted by MJHAYLETT

this was a funny Bombcast - so much crazyness I actually did laugh out loud at points :D

Posted by ArcadiaExeter

ummm is it not playing for anyone else? i was listening to it earlier but now it wont play.

Posted by Fistfulofmetal
Posted by soundlug

@Paindamnation: I don't have a powerfull computer, my laptop can barely play E.Y.E

Posted by DCam

: Valley Without Wind, 40% off for the summer sale!

Posted by Zamir
Edited by murisan

Don Cheadle doesn't take any shit. Good for him.

EDIT: What the fuck? Since when is Captain Jack Harkness a part of G4?

Posted by Phished0ne

SHOUTOUTS TO IFC! GOTTA HAVE MY COMEDY BANG BANG!

Posted by CharAznable

Full-blown Skullomania, y'all.

Posted by AngelN7

Oylimpic sex? Ok I'll listen this today.

Posted by Grondoth

DON'T THROW YOUR TRASH IN THE CREEK JEFF, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW THAT IMPACTS THE WATER QUALITY

Posted by csl316

40 minutes of bs? Hmm.... I dunno about this, guys.

Edited by NekuCTR

Ever since I stopped watching TV I can't even listen to debates on cable networks anymore because the only retort that I can ever think of anymore is "Why would you ever watch TV?"

Posted by 617_jbug

The reason why Jojo's got a release is probably due to the 25th Anniversary of the Jojo's manga.

Posted by oregonjon

Am I the only one having tragically slow download speeds for the bombcast, lately? Seriously, whether from the site, iTunes, or even trying to stream over wifi on my phone, we're talking 1-2k per second. Going to speedtest.net, I'm rocking nearly a solid 50 mbps down stream. Since it's over 50 mb, I can't even attempt over 3g. Anyone having similar issues?

Posted by Squeedom

@oregonjon said:

Am I the only one having tragically slow download speeds for the bombcast, lately? Seriously, whether from the site, iTunes, or even trying to stream over wifi on my phone, we're talking 1-2k per second. Going to speedtest.net, I'm rocking nearly a solid 50 mbps down stream. Since it's over 50 mb, I can't even attempt over 3g. Anyone having similar issues?

No, me too. I have tried every source I can think of.

Posted by Scrawnto

@Smokey_Earhole said:

@Scrawnto said:

3:00 - I'm with Jeff on the ramen issue. I'm a software developer. I am not a poor man. I eat at nice restaurants fairly often. I also eat ramen a couple times a week. Seriously, drop an egg in that ramen, maybe some chopped up green onion. Delicious. But then, I grew up pretty poor, and as a result my palate is not terribly refined, for the most part.

I hear you (actually had ginger marinated noodles for dinner tonight!). I always stir fry them though, veggies, eggs and all. Add a little soy and oister sauce, and you've got one fucking delicious meal. Getting hungry again just typing this!

Uh..be right back. I think I hear some noodles calling me.

Posted by Undeadpool

@Anwar said:

Marvel has better characters, DC has better stories. Some people prefer character to story.

Posted by Squeedom

@oregonjon: I got it to work on my cell phone. Used an android program to download it.

Posted by SgtSphynx

@NekuCTR said:

Ever since I stopped watching TV I can't even listen to debates on cable networks anymore because the only retort that I can ever think of anymore is "Why would you ever watch TV?"

I'm pretty much the same way.

Posted by Huey2k2

@Undeadpool said:

@Anwar said:

Marvel has better characters, DC has better stories. Some people prefer character to story.

I don't understand why people can't just like both.

Posted by DrifterInGreen

@Ryan: Anthony Bourdain was at Comic-Con to promote his new comic book Get Jiro.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/spotlight-anthony-bourdains-get-jiro-from-vertigo/144884/

Posted by redgonzo

Chem trails, number stations and breaking shit.

Posted by Marokai
@PlasmaBeam44 said:

Jeff owns Fast 5 and loves watching Storage Wars but can't stand Game of Thrones. Sometimes I just don't understand that man.

The not-so-secret thing about a lot of the modern gaming press as we know it today is that they're pretty white trashy and got lucky video games took off and became a big deal. I don't know how anyone can go down a list of Jeff's interests without thinking he's a 17 year old that lives in a trailer park unless you knew otherwise.
Posted by Dan_CiTi

No More Heroes and Lollipop Chainsaw look bad and don't have any meaning? What? Is Ryan on drugs? I mean the half the dialogue and humor is pretty dry and awkward, but the games have something to them. It's just like Shakespeare DEEP STOYRLINE GUYS WOW WHO ART THOU stuff. Eh whatever not for everyone.

Edited by Antihippy

@Marokai said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

Jeff owns Fast 5 and loves watching Storage Wars but can't stand Game of Thrones. Sometimes I just don't understand that man.

The not-so-secret thing about a lot of the modern gaming press as we know it today is that they're pretty white trashy and got lucky video games took off and became a big deal. I don't know how anyone can go down a list of Jeff's interests without thinking he's a 17 year old that lives in a trailer park unless you knew otherwise.

I don't think someone with a tuxedo mask avatar has a leg to stand on about being condescending to someone because of their interests. Not that I don't like anime or sailor moon, but this is exactly the type of assholish attitude as people who stereotype anime fans as manchilds or pedophiles.

edit: not that I think you have a leg to stand on even if you're not into anime, or any toher interest. I find stereotyping someone because of their interests to be one of the dumbest things ever.

Edited by TheHBK

@Marokai said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

The fuck? I love Storage Wars and think Game of Thrones is for assholes. And I am from Chicago and Mexican and went to MIT. Yeah, Jeff is not alone.

Anyway, just started listening. There better be some NIntendownload Express on this shit.

Posted by Marokai
@Antihippy:  Far from being condescending. I like watching Swamp People  for Christ's sake. I'm a poor 20-something in rural Ohio. And I get that it's hard to divorce that judging sense just because Jeff is a Dude On The Internet. But I wasn't making a qualitative statement, really. I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to be surprised that someone with Jeff's interests doesn't like Game of Thrones or any other heavily character and/or story driven series on a premium network.   

Recognizing what type of person you or someone else is is as basically difficult and uncomfortable as recognizing your own mortality, but things are what they are. If insulting someone because of their choice in avatar is the extent of the response then I would consider that telling enough on it's own. If someone asked me to think of three things I associate with Jeff the most, off the top of my head, I'd say "old rap music, first person shooters, and alcohol." Also a general sense of being contrary to what's popular. If there's anything wrong with that depends on what an individual thinks of that, but it still is that, regardless. 
Posted by spiceninja

@TheHBK said:

@Marokai said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

The fuck? I love Storage Wars and think Game of Thrones is for assholes. And I am from Chicago and Mexican and went to MIT. Yeah, Jeff is not alone.

I love Game of Thrones and think that Storage Wars is for assholes. To each his own I guess. We all can't love the same stuff.

Posted by Coolarman

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@TheHBK said:

@Marokai said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

I love Game of Thrones and think that Storage Wars is for assholes. To each his own I guess. We all can't love the same stuff.

I love Game of Thrones and I love Storage Wars. Does that make me an asshole to both of you???

Posted by Bistromath

Oh god, I died from the hummingbird mask discussion.

Posted by TheKing

@Coolarman said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@TheHBK said:

@Marokai said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

I love Game of Thrones and I love Storage Wars. Does that make me an asshole to both of you???

I don't like Storage Wars or Game of Thrones. I guess I win.

Posted by Marokai
@TheKing: The King has spoken.
Edited by Cashprizes

@Huey2k2: Cause unless you have a ton of disposable income, it is really hard to buy all the major arcs of both universes. People tend to fall into DC camp or Marvel camp and than buy more of those titles. I know I am a Marvel guy, and atm I am buying 2 DC series but only because of the writer/artist teams on them. If I was buying the DC event stuff and tie ins, I wouldn't get out of the comic book store without spending $100 a week probably.

Bets to limit yourself to the universe you like more, and rail against the other.

And suprised the bombcast crew are not watching Game of Thrones. Show is awesome! Huge budget, immaculate team of directors, awesome soundtrack, great cast + characters, occasioanl boobage, ultra violence, and fantasy setting without all the stuff you are sick of like elves/dwarves/orcs/magic missles. Show is really great not sure what Twitter feeds would be so reprehensible that they actively dissaude you from watching it.