238 Comments
Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN

Honestly one of the best episodes these guys have done in a while, probably even since before Patrick joined.

Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN
Posted by DoctorWelch

Cable is so stupid. Why would you pay someone so you can waste large chunks of your life away? I'm even someone that watches sports a lot but fuck it, when I get out of college there's no way I'm getting cable.

Posted by Boopie

I lost interest in this episode fairly quickly I judge podcasts by how long it takes before I start singing over them to drown out the annoying banter. This podcast took about half an hour for a score of 5 out of 10.

Posted by Undeadpool

@DiGiTaL_SiN: MY SOUL!!!

Posted by JRock3x8

WHERE IS THE KICKSTARTER FOR Jeff Gerstmann's Video Game Museum?!? It is CRIMINAL that all this stuff is thrown in boxes at his house!

SAVE THE VIDEOGAMES PEOPLE! FOR OUR CHILDREN!!!

Posted by Frootsnax

This bombcast was so dinosaurs

Edited by BasketSnake

I haven't forgotten my flooded lava castle man. Do you remember the huge thin wall around your house? That was to HELP you stopping the zombie invasion from destroying your house. Yeah some "thank you" I got from that, haha. Pretty damn hilarious.

Posted by Brendan

I remember reading a story about the Beijing Olympics where they ran out of condoms and had to order a million more or something.

Posted by SolongWrex

Jeff talking about rearranging his hoard reminds me of how much I need to minimize my possessions and get rid of all these unwanted or broken video games.

Posted by NoobSauceG7

This was an absolute great podcast. Laughed so much during it.

Posted by bluefoxxy

The cleo's?

Posted by Sooty

Jeff is being that guy by not playing The Walking Dead because zombies.

Posted by ripelivejam

@Boopie said:

I lost interest in this episode fairly quickly I judge podcasts by how long it takes before I start singing over them to drown out the annoying banter. This podcast took about half an hour for a score of 5 out of 10.

this is probably the most obnoxious thing i've ever seen posted (unless you're trying to be funny/sarcastic)

Posted by ChrisTaran

Watch out for snakes!

Posted by CrossTheAtlantic

@TinyGallon said:

@Smokey_Earhole said:

@Scrawnto said:

3:00 - I'm with Jeff on the ramen issue. I'm a software developer. I am not a poor man. I eat at nice restaurants fairly often. I also eat ramen a couple times a week. Seriously, drop an egg in that ramen, maybe some chopped up green onion. Delicious. But then, I grew up pretty poor, and as a result my palate is not terribly refined, for the most part.

I hear you (actually had ginger marinated noodles for dinner tonight!). I always stir fry them though, veggies, eggs and all. Add a little soy and oister sauce, and you've got one fucking delicious meal. Getting hungry again just typing this!

You really shouldn't. Your body has such a hard time breaking down processed foods -- and so much of our food in the USA is so thoroughly filled with preservatives, they can survive an apocalypse -- your digestive track is no match and you get nothing out of it. (Just get real noodles instead) But processed foods are such a way of life...

I ate a lot of crap as a poor college student as well, and it's sad how lacking everyone's knowledge on proper nutrition really is (mine included, still to this day). It's hilarious to hear them talk about all sorts of disgusting food on the show, but real talk here, I wish they could eat healthier. Even if only for selfish reasons... I want them to live forever!

And here is a link to that gross story. THIS will make you stop eating those awful Ramen noodles, get a grip on your life and get it together people! I am saying all this as your friend and former Ramen-eater. Shop on the outside edges of the store, fresh fruit, veggies, meats. Didn't want to say all this but someone had to agree on the Ramen issue. WYNGZ and stuff are funny show fodder, but Ramen gets the perception like it's somehow good.
http://www.geekosystem.com/ramen-during-digestion/ Link/soapbox

Hey now. I realize this is late, but ramen (cooked well!) can be really really good!

Posted by RD_21

I can understand Ryan saying that the game Spider-Man is not that great, but the movie is awesome and easily the best Spider-Man movie ever made. Tobby McGuire never came close to REALLY be Spider-Man and portray him like Spider-Man.

This Spider-Man is awesome, cracking joke, being a smart ass, the action is good and the little change in the origins are smart.

Posted by JBrosk89

I love how this sounds like a rambling that my friends and i would have on a weekly basis in college or high school. Amazing.

Posted by lord_python

Oh my god i just listened to the part about the gizmondo when it was happening on the hotspot podcast from 2006 (from the best of podcast off http://www.thisyearcollection.org/) just yesterday so i actually understand the whole stephan erickson and deidrick stuff!! This is a seriously big coincidence.

Posted by Sagalla

This podcast was EPIC!!! The bombcast is back yo

Posted by EleFlameMax

YYoSo ANd I say.... :) ::(

Posted by CakeBomb

For people who don't know what a Gizmondo is or the story behind it, I've made this little video.

Audio taken from This Year Collection.

Posted by ryvythed
Posted by CptBedlam

@CakeBomb: Much appreciated, good sir.

Posted by Majkiboy

I really tried to find that Gamespot podcast, seriously, but I couldn't, that place is a jungle!

Posted by theimmortalbum

@Majkiboy said:

I really tried to find that Gamespot podcast, seriously, but I couldn't, that place is a jungle!

You have to Google for it. I couldn't find it. Just google Gamespot Gameplay Spoilercast and you'll get it real quick.

Posted by Majkiboy

@theimmortalbum: Ty man

Posted by theimmortalbum

@Majkiboy said:

@theimmortalbum: Ty man

Yeah I couldn't find out where on the site that thing is. Makes no sense.

Posted by ThatIndianGuy7116
Posted by Matterless

@ThatIndianGuy7116: I was. Thank you!

Posted by Boopie

This lady today told me it was Monday but I suspected it really was Tuesday

Posted by spiceninja

@Boopie said:

This lady today told me it was Monday but I suspected it really was Tuesday

She must love Mondays.

Posted by Red12b

as soon as I turn off the computer to go to work the podcast will be up won't it.....

Posted by CharAznable

@CakeBomb said:

For people who don't know what a Gizmondo is or the story behind it, I've made this little video.

Audio taken from This Year Collection.

Thanks for that video, dude! I never heard most of the original Gamespot-era stuff, and I listened to this while waiting for the Bombcast to update today.

Posted by 20183242

I'm just catching up on the past couple weeks of bombcasts, and came to the realization that the best part of this podcast is always the part where they talk about everything other than video games. I feel like these guys would be fucking hilarious even when they aren't on-air.

Edited by Nentisys

This is some fantastic reminiscing.

Posted by EleFlameMax

How is that different form Sorry--? hmm?

Edited by fox01313

Never heard of the hummingbird masks before and it does seem like quite a strange idea while visualizing the hummingbird just going through the mask into your brain with it's beak. I was on the fence with the spec ops game but after hearing about it (and spoiling it on that gamespot podcast) I really want to see it, thanks to everyone who put that one together as it's quite good.