103 Comments
  • 103 results
Edited by SpunkyHePanda

@CH3BURASHKA said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

Get Justin McElroy for day three! You simply must!

He is preoccupied with the Polygon podcast. I've been watching them and then downloading the GB cast in the mornings.

MCELROY LIVES

Posted by ThatIndianGuy7116

@GiantF: Well he means that E3 is mainly for the press to come and cover the developers games, not for a bunch of gamers to come in and try all the new games.

And to be fair, EVERY gaming journalist has the same idea of, "Look, if you are only there to collect a bunch of merchandise, you don't deserve to be there, period"

Posted by Anwar
Posted by EricNStuff

@GiantF said:

You heard it here first, if you carry around a bag and collect merch at E3 you don't belong there. It's only for "elite" gaming press like giantbomb! Oh yeah, and stupid hats, fuck you guys and your stupid hats. I guess Ryan didn't take his blood pressure meds. Dick.

10/10 would read again

Edited by mnzy

@ThatIndianGuy7116 said:

@GiantF: Well he means that E3 is mainly for the press to come and cover the developers games, not for a bunch of gamers to come in and try all the new games.

Pretty terrible thing to say, tbh.

Posted by Gorehorn

@mnzy said:

@ThatIndianGuy7116 said:

It's also the official function of E3 according to the ESA. There's a ton of games there and press and retail execs are expected to look at all of them, consumers who wander in there just to experience material months before it becomes a demo on XBox Live just eat into everyone's time.

Posted by reelife

I don't know about you guys, but I have absolutely no interest in a game called "Fart Cat".

Posted by Milkman
@mnzy

@ThatIndianGuy7116 said:

How? E3 is an event for press to do work, not for a bunch of nerds to run around and take pictures with booth babes. It's not for the public "gamer."
Posted by Paindamnation
I was the original. Bitches.

HAWKMAN!?! How about BIRDDDMAN!!!

Posted by sodapop7

Just once I'd like to see a mildly positive take on Nintendo just to change it up. It just gets kind of old listening to them talk about NIntendo because it's always pretty negative. I'm not sure why people are surprised that a console launch isn't going to be great... Sure I could have used a few more game teasers but it's not like those aren't coming. I am much more sold on it than I was last year.

I also own a PS3, 360 and a PC but haven't played Arkham City so I guess I'm that mythical person?

Posted by AngelN7

It's nice to hear Geoff Keighley talking about what he really thinks rather than moderating or being a presenter.

Posted by Aas

If I had a penny for every time Geoff Keighley said "you know" I'd be the richest motherfucker alive.

Posted by jozzy

@sodapop7 said:

I also own a PS3, 360 and a PC but haven't played Arkham City so I guess I'm that mythical person?

And you are willing to pay full price for it on the WiiU instead of buying it way cheaper for the other consoles?

I agree with the rest of your post though, can't hurt to fairly criticize but a little optimism can go a long way too.

Posted by Totori
@GiantF said:

You heard it here first, if you carry around a bag and collect merch at E3 you don't belong there. It's only for "elite" gaming press like giantbomb! Oh yeah, and stupid hats, fuck you guys and your stupid hats. I guess Ryan didn't take his blood pressure meds. Dick.

it's a place of business not a happy time vacation. 
Posted by sodapop7

@jozzy said:

@sodapop7 said:

And you are willing to pay full price for it on the WiiU instead of buying it way cheaper for the other consoles?

I agree with the rest of your post though, can't hurt to fairly criticize but a little optimism can go a long way too.

A good question I think if it is one of the launch titles I probably would because it'd be a safe bet for a really good experience and you're always looking for something good to play when a console launches.

Posted by Shaanyboi

@sodapop7 said:

@jozzy said:

@sodapop7 said:

A good question I think if it is one of the launch titles I probably would because it'd be a safe bet for a really good experience and you're always looking for something good to play when a console launches.

but.... are you buying that system FOR that game that you can just end up playing really anywhere else? I mean whatever, I'm excited for Pikmin 3 (which I actually wasn't expecting), I hear ZombiU is pretty interesting, and Randy Pitchford has been a good hype-man for Aliens, but like... I dunno. Like, it's cool people who couldn't play Arkham City before get to play it now, but 1) If that's the kind of game they want, why would they just own a Wii? 2) If they DO have another platform, what's to really stop them from just going out, getting the GOTY edition, and calling it a day?

Like, as cool as AC3 is, that game will be out and old news by the time the WiiU launches. Same with Darksiders 2. Aliens hasn't even been confirmed to be coming on the same day as the other versions. Like.. what is going on?

Posted by Orange_Pork

Poor Adam. Someone pulls out Hawktaku and it's like half an hour of no one paying attention to him. :/

Posted by Darkecho117

Anyone else not getting any audio for the last half hour of the podcast? I can't skip ahead for some reason then it stops around the 3 hr 20 min mark.

Edited by hardrockin006

This was my favorite E3 podcast this year. Johnny V needs to be on more often!

Oh! And Hawkman totally has super strength and has some hawk mace. So there's way more stuff you could do with move than just flap your arms. :-)

Posted by ArcLyte

ROCCO FROM MEGA 64 YOU SAY?

Posted by s7

@GiantF said:

Oh no some baby is angry that people who do real work are annoyed by randoms who don't belong at e3.

Posted by TheUnsavedHero

Hawkman in the (hairy) flesh!

Posted by artgarcrunkle

@s7: "Real work."

Posted by MrBubbles

@Darkecho117 said:

Anyone else not getting any audio for the last half hour of the podcast? I can't skip ahead for some reason then it stops around the 3 hr 20 min mark.

i was getting audio but it wouldn't let me skip either it just jumps to the end of the podcast if you try to skip past the 3hr 22min mark.

Posted by Shaanyboi

@wompa421 said:

@Darkecho117 said:

i was getting audio but it wouldn't let me skip either it just jumps to the end of the podcast if you try to skip past the 3hr 22min mark.

Just clicking on the 'Download MP3' option has been pretty effective for me to get around that.

Posted by GunslingerPanda

Where is Day 3!?

Posted by FishieBuddha

@GunslingerPanda said:

Where is Day 3!?

I remember somebody talking about an embargo going up while everyone was flying home...so tonight?

Edited by PulledaBrad

Thank you Johnny V and pulling your incredibly uncomfortable Leigh A story from out of nowhere. You're MY Golden Duder.

Posted by Dryker

Is the video footage of the E3 bombcasts being archived at some point?

Posted by SmasheControllers

I'm Hawkman and #FUCKTHISPLACE

Posted by ThePickle

Risk my life for never?

MIDWAY.

Edited by AssInAss

ERIC BADOUR SUCKS

But that's cool that Mega 64 is in Scribblenauts Unlimited.

No but seriously who the fuck is Alfonso?

Posted by umdesch4

I know that Hawkman image was already posted in this thread, but here's the whole page it came from:

Posted by MrBubbles

@Shaanyboi said:

@wompa421 said:

@Darkecho117 said:

Just clicking on the 'Download MP3' option has been pretty effective for me to get around that.

Actually I tried that and the same thing would happen.

Posted by Undeadpool

@umdesch4 said:

I know that Hawkman image was already posted in this thread, but here's the whole page it came from:

...that monster has a human phallus for a head...

Posted by umdesch4

I'd just like to point out, there's no game entry for Fart Cat here yet.

Posted by n0nametaz

Nintendo not showing Project P-100 and showing Arkham City as much as they did was the stupidest thing ever. Project P-100 is the only thing I want for the wii u, and I mean I really want it. Did they not show it because its a working title? I could have planed a better press conference. And no price announced! What? Nintendo is fucked unless some developers create some amazing stuff.

I really do not like Nintendo. Mario (or Luigi, what ever), Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem (didn't show the new one!!! WTF?) and Smash Bros... great what ells? "How about Pikmin 3?" Great another sequel, how innovative of you Nintendo. "look at are novel controller with no real purpose besides to get people thinking about buying it. But we don't want to announce a price yet because its going to be way to expensive."

What the hell is that annoying popping noise!?!? Just stop!!!

Posted by SHAKIRALOVER

"You're the guy that got fired." :D

Posted by sthusby

The best cast of this year's E3.

Posted by sthusby

@Qlanth said:

Here is my take on the Nintendo discussion: I don't think Nintendo could give a shit about "being lapped technologically" by the next Microsoft and Sony consoles. The Wii-U is the only system that can do things my PC can't. When those next consoles come out they need to have a STRONG reason that I should buy those and play games on those rather than playing the exact same games on my PC - where they look better and run faster. I am totally uninterested in first party games from Sony and Microsoft right now. I've played Halo to death, I've played Gears to death. I'm not interested in a 5th or 6th God of War game.

I don't know. Didn't make a differnce this cycle, so why should it in the next? And however we twist and turn it, PC's are expensive and complicated. That's why most people go the console route.

Posted by Cubical

I dare Ryan or anybody else to type rule 34 Jar jar binks and gungan into google if he is looking for alien action.

Posted by Cubical

@sthusby: I woiuld love to know what world you live in where PC's are "complicated and Expensive" I got a crap Extra cheep Pc made with 3 year old parts that I use as a paper weight that has more power than a fucking console.

Posted by sthusby

@Cubical said:

@sthusby: I woiuld love to know what world you live in where PC's are "complicated and Expensive" I got a crap Extra cheep Pc made with 3 year old parts that I use as a paper weight that has more power than a fucking console.

Yeah..I don't think so. PC's are complicated and expensive for the average consumer.

Posted by megatronicles

@sthusby: People just aren't educated about it, but no, I'm afraid you are in the wrong; it is easy and cheaper than a console considering the inflated price of console games/xbox live etc. It's the buying the actual pc which is the scary bit for most people though, so I can understand that.

Posted by coaxmetal

I would have voted for Brad Muir all the way for golden duder had I know about it when it was happening.

Also, leigh alexander? actualyl pretty good when sober.

Edited by coaxmetal

also rich gallup? dude is way better when not shilling for 38 studios. also RIP 38 studios, but it was good for rich on the cast.

Posted by sthusby

@megatronicles said:

@sthusby: People just aren't educated about it, but no, I'm afraid you are in the wrong; it is easy and cheaper than a console considering the inflated price of console games/xbox live etc. It's the buying the actual pc which is the scary bit for most people though, so I can understand that.

No. It's complicated and expensive. It's better, but still complicated and expensive.

Posted by redgonzo

@Riboflavin: to me she was the best part of all the podcasts she was on. Stephen Totilo was far more annoying by just being boring

Edited by ch3burashka

CAW!

@Dryker said:

Is the video footage of the E3 bombcasts being archived at some point?

I'm pretty sure they keep an archive on TwitchTV, but I'm not positive - I've never gone back to look at archived footage.

Posted by Scott757

HAWKTAKU

• 103 results