371 Comments
Posted by clumsyninja1

Sam Jackson time!!!!

Posted by AngelN7

I don't know if I want to hear the same "wahh Mass Effect 3 sucks" all over is not just that right?

Posted by Aistan

Always Red forever.

Edited by smitty86

Anyone got an end time for the Mass Effect 3 spoiler talk?

Edit: @Ryan said:

NOTE: If you want to avoid any major Mass Effect 3 spoilers, skip ahead to the 1-hour mark. Enjoy!

Nevermind. Thank you Ryan.

Posted by JayEH

Not as long as I thought it would be, but I'll take it!

Posted by HistoryInRust

I fucking told everyone Synthesis was the dumbest shit in the world. But the internet was all like, "Naw, man! It's the good one!"

Posted by lotrsam0711

I hope "Far Cry 2" isn't a typo, but I have a feeling it is.

Edited by ez123

100% agree with Jeff about the dreams in ME3 and the kid's death being the one that got to Shepard. Horrible.

Reject seems like a badass ending. Sad I didn't pick it(had the Extended cut, don't remember it ever being an option).

Posted by Cloneslayer

Fuck ME3. I really disliked that game. And fuck EA too!!!

Posted by RVonE

@lotrsam0711 said:

I hope "Far Cry 2" isn't a typo, but I have a feeling it is.

I saw a tweet last week that Jeff was downloading Far Cry 2. So... maybe?

Posted by TheHT

holy crap. showing the reapers under shepard's control totally removes any question of it working and essentially makes it the best ending.

Edited by ShiftyMagician

"MGS 1 is the Walking Dead of its time" ~Jeff Gerstmann

Posted by Crixaliz

@cuxun said:

@thabigred said:

Salvation brothers!

IT NEVER GETS OLD XD

That is amazing!

Posted by GeneralGrey

It's almost eerie how closely my views on all of this align with Brad's. Spread the gospel!

Posted by Jimbo7676

Man, freaking EA... I would have beaten ME 3 a long time ago had it been on Steam. I just forgot about it and I don't want to open origin... ugh, now I got to skip all this Bombcast... It would probably be boring for me anyway since my care level for Mass Effect went down over time. The original one is still the best one.

Edited by ArtisanBreads

Metal gear solid 1!!

Jeff you are the ultimate troll sometimes

Posted by Hockeymask27

@Crixaliz said:

@cuxun said:

@thabigred said:

Salvation brothers!

IT NEVER GETS OLD XD

That is amazing!

Posted by MildMolasses

Hearing the changes made to the ME3 ending makes me hate the Internet. Way to go dipshits

Posted by Coolarman

@cuxun said:

@thabigred said:

Salvation brothers!

IT NEVER GETS OLD XD

lol

Posted by Pop

well, I guess I can't listen to this, god damn it brad.

Posted by ArtisanBreads

Did I ever tell you about Shepard being a great race car driver!?!?

Posted by Aegon

"Spirits of democracy in the walls of the building"

What the fuuuuh?

Also, Jeff just basically said fuck Walking Dead.

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

"Tell me a story about the Shoemaker"

Edited by SuperJoe

EAed (adjective)

when a game has been negatively affected by a publisher's desire to rush development to meet a release date

"Mass Effect 3's original ending was EAed."

Posted by Shingro

Was it weird to anyone else how the games press is used to pushing back against publishers to defend reviewers, saying things like "That was their experience, it is valid" but also tended to tell gamers to suck it up, call everyone entitled and such during the ME3 fiasco?

Posted by ripelivejam

@thabigred said:

Salvation brothers!

yeah we know vinny's in this weeks podcast. he usually is!

Posted by Aistan

Mass Effect is dead.

Long live Mass Effect.

Posted by kirsch

Far Cry 2?

Posted by WiqidBritt

listening to them complain about the ending of ME3 seems like they largely weren't paying attention to what was going on. Patrick didn't even play enough to get all the choices... Everything in the Extended Cut just served to explain things I had already inferred in the first place.

Brad's complaint about always picking the top right dialogue option is kind of silly, there's nothing that's keeping him from picking a different option, it's Brad's fault if his Shepard turns out to be a boring boyscout.

Assuming that one ending or the other is the 'evil' ending because of the color they show it in, or the person they show doing it shows a real lack of being able to think for yourself.

Personally I think the original endings were pretty bad as well. Dark Energy going 'crazy' and humans as a kind of master race that can potentially solve the problem if they get reaperized. The idea that humans are the most 'genetically diverse' race in the galaxy doesn't hold water when the Asari can mate with literally any other sentient species in the galaxy.

Posted by crithon

Brad is in denial.

Posted by DoctorWelch

@envane said:

@mrfluke said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@Ryan said:

NOTE: If you want to avoid any major Mass Effect 3 spoilers, skip ahead to the 1-hour mark. Enjoy!

Hey Duders! We should probably just quote this up so it's always on the front page.

probably not

:'(

Edited by ripelivejam

@BaconGames said:

@CaLe said:

@BaconGames said:

@CaLe said:

TASdasdfad

I love you guys.

I tried to type Taswell with my nose. An Innocent and pure endeavor.

There ain't no shame in it brotha. We've all been there.

aww3ll

taint hard

p.s. i did this with my taint :/

Edited by ripelivejam

ME3 SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST HOUR

there

Edited by Vigil80

@WiqidBritt:

Brad's complaint about always picking the top right dialogue option is kind of silly, there's nothing that's keeping him from picking a different option, it's Brad's fault if his Shepard turns out to be a boring boyscout.

Except for the fact that there are future choices gated behind how full your paragon/renegade meter is.

The idea that humans are the most 'genetically diverse' race in the galaxy doesn't hold water when the Asari can mate with literally any other sentient species in the galaxy.

The Asari may actually be the least genetically diverse if you pay attention to the codex. They aren't combining their DNA with that of other races. They are using the mate's genetic information to rearrange that of the child's, like a seed for a random number generator.

It doesn't matter what they mate with; the outcome is always full-blooded Asari.

Edited by Milkman

Moridin's end was the only highest high of Mass Effect 3 and one of the highest highs of the series. But nothing else in Mass Effect 3 ever gets close to that.

Edited by andrew2696

You know I still like the Mass Effect universe in general. I feel like I've heard a ton of shit over how many months it's been but there's still something cool about it. I have no idea how spoiler blocks work. I'm a moron. This probably says a lot of a person who was fine with the ending.

And I choose synthesis and I thought it was interesting because it sounds like a cool future.

Posted by mellotronrules

@Milkman said:

Moridin's end was the only highest high of Mass Effect 3 and one of the highest highs of the series. But nothing else in Mass Effect 3 ever gets close to that.

i totally see your point, but i'd disagree with your contention nothing else got close to that. on the whole the me3 experience was lackluster, but i enjoyed all the character development moments (mordin, garrus on the citadel, hanging out with wrex, reconciling with liara), etc. those all have the quality (IMO) to hang with the rest of the series. it's just a shame the general plot completely botched the wrap-up. i still thought the character writing was top-notch, which i why i played those games in the first place.

just my 2 cents, however.

Posted by Alex_Carrillo

God, I don't want to hear nerds screaming that their life is ruined because Mass Effect disappointed them.

It happened forever ago, goons. Let's get passed it because, fuck, I'm tired.

Posted by Alex_Carrillo

@BaconGames said:

@Ryan said:

You know, as much as there's bellyaching back and forth on the issue because it's the internet, I genuinely appreciate this. Thanks Ryan.

YOU SPOKE ABOUT MASS EFFECT FOR A FUCKING HOUR WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!

Posted by WiqidBritt

"Bianary Domain... better than Mass Effect"

-Patrick Klepek

Posted by Jimbot

Mass Effect sequel? Easy. Super Mario Brothers 2 that shit! All a dream! Or alternate reality, splitting timelines, ect. It's such an irredeemable mess at this point just trim it out and make something worthy of its predecessor's storytelling and world building. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If they pull it off then that is what people will be talking about instead of the fact that it trimmed the third game out.

Hollywood does this all the time and when they did it to get rid of the shitty sequels we got Batman Begins.

Posted by MEATBALL

Feel the Rhythm! Feel the Rhyme! Look out world, it's Bombcast time!

Posted by contrapulator

@smitty86: The whole first hour is ME3 Talk.

Posted by WiqidBritt

@Vigil80 said:

@WiqidBritt:

Except for the fact that there are future choices gated behind how full your paragon/renegade meter is.

The idea that humans are the most 'genetically diverse' race in the galaxy doesn't hold water when the Asari can mate with literally any other sentient species in the galaxy.

The Asari may actually be the least genetically diverse if you pay attention to the codex. They aren't combining their DNA with that of other races. They are using the mate's genetic information to rearrange that of the child's, like a seed for a random number generator.

It doesn't matter what they mate with; the outcome is always full-blooded Asari.

I had no problems with greyed out options. you max out one side of the meter very early on, by the end I had one side full and the other around half way.

if all Asari are full blooded Asari then why would 'pureblood' be an insult?

Posted by TheHT

Alright, fine. Next Steam sale I'll pick up Binary Domain.

Posted by Rapid

@SuperJoe said:

EAed(adjective)

a game that has been negatively affected by a publisher's desire to rush development to meet a release date

"Mass Effect 3's original ending was EAed."

Haha, should add that to urban dictionary if its not already

Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar

Where's the holiday intro music?

Posted by Vigil80

@WiqidBritt said:

@Vigil80 said:

@WiqidBritt:

I had no problems with greyed out options. you max out one side of the meter very early on, by the end I had one side full and the other around half way.

if all Asari are full blooded Asari then why would 'pureblood' be an insult?

Because Asari genetic code rearranged using other Asari genetic code is believed to be inferior? Like inbreeding?

That would further point to their lack of genetic diversity, seems to me. For you to be considered inbred, your parents merely have to be the same species, not just the same family tree.

Posted by WiqidBritt

Listening to Patrick talk about ZombieU sounds like someone just figuring out how to play videogames.

Posted by csl316

Good ME discussion. I like how Brad pointed out that the highs of 3 are so damn good, and brought the discussion to stuff before the ending for once.

One of my favorite parts of 3 was when I realized the Reapers were slowly gaining ground on the galaxy map. Made things feel quite desperate.