Posted by Tr0n

@dropabombonit: Not really.

Posted by Splodge

@Tr0n said:

@dropabombonit: Not really.

Cheers for the heads up :) Was gonna not listen

Posted by Splodge

@Branthog said:

When I was sixteen, I was dating and living with a MILF with a two year old and while we were screwing around in bed one night, she drank some of her own breast-milk from the tap and then insisted I do, too. It wasn't great, but it wasn't exactly repulsive. I mean, in comparison, I'm pretty sure jizz tastes way worse.

That is so fucking romantic.

Edited by Bistromath

Patrick is clearly a console apologist. #onthetake

Posted by Splodge

@Elktap said:

Patrick is back, first item of the day, Sports.

Couldn't even have half of the podcast before it turned to this.

5 mins long story about some assholes at a football game.

Posted by twillfast

@Ulzor said:

@evanbower said:

Haha so wait, do they just keep letting Patrick say Levia-thon? No one says anything?

He seems to have trouble pronouncing a lot of words. Like scenario and nuclear. Annoying as hell and it seems to be more ignorance than anything else.

No mention of Ryan's "cayot-s"? Those coyotes sure are funky.

Something you will learn in life is that people pronounce things differently. And if that gets annoying as hell, you should probably get your head out of your ass and check if you have a dialect yourself. I'm perfectly positive you do.

Edited by Splodge

@Branthog said:

@mellotronrules said:

@George_Hukas said:

#1reasonwhy you can physically assault my girlfriend in public and I wont do anything about it.

nice.

To be fair, Patrick is a smaller dude and I would not expect him to go up to some dumb jock and throw down over it. Especially if it was an accident. That's no offense toward Patrick. I'm a big guy. I'd take on another dude, but I wouldn't take on a dude who had a bat, for the same reason. I'm sure he would have reacted differently if there was malice behind the throw, too, which there didn't seem to be from his story.

Btu what if he had a knife, you had a bat....

Posted by prestonhedges

"If you want to hang out with someone, you want to carry a persona of that type..."

Not really. I never have the right persona, and I'm level 9 with everybody, in Naoto's dungeon.

Posted by Satintrousers

bombombombombombbomb

Posted by blackichigo
@kookoo

@ripelivejam: add me to the list, i couldn't even finish this 'cast.

@kookoo
your loss.
Edited by Splodge

@twillfast said:

@Ulzor said:

@evanbower said:

Haha so wait, do they just keep letting Patrick say Levia-thon? No one says anything?

He seems to have trouble pronouncing a lot of words. Like scenario and nuclear. Annoying as hell and it seems to be more ignorance than anything else.

Something you will learn in life is that people pronounce things differently. And if that gets annoying as hell, you should probably get your head out of your ass and check if you have a dialect yourself. I'm perfectly positive you do.

I have a friend who CAN NOT say balsamic properly. She says batslamic every time. I got her to say it phonetically once and she sounded broken. She certainly isn't an "ignorant" person though. Kind of an ironic suggestion.

edit: my quotes went crazy

Posted by kookoo

@blackichigo: Judging from the comments I guess the last half was pretty good.

Posted by AssInAss

@mbr2 said:

Everything the guys talked what they liked about FC3 with the immersive moments and you improvising with missions is exactly what FC2 was but it didn't have a terrible story that's shoved down your face, you not having to interfere with terrible menus, not nearly as handholdy and no endless notifications that you can't turn off.

EDIT: "They nailed the world" They nailed the world because Far Cry 2 had a competent lead designer. (Clint Hocking)

The story isn't terrible, but it hasn't gone down the Spec Ops The Line territory I was expecting it to.

Far Cry 2 wasn't fun to do stealth in with the eagle-eye enemies and the respawning guardposts after just 30 seconds when you're just a 100m away was a dealbreaker. There are so many more options here than in FC 2 where all the tools were for action but barely any for a stealth playthrough (bow, sound suppressors, reliable AI that you can flank, using animals in cages, distracting with rocks, stealth takedowns, or even just using Rakyat warriors to do the dirty work).

I wish you could turn off notifications though.

Posted by Elktap

@Bistromath said:

That Far Cry 3 part was pretty funny.

He was the same for the Wii U launch stuff and Zombi U QL although the messed up ID stuff was a step to far even he couldn't defend.

Edited by ChosenOne

I don't go to pro sports games because I'm afraid of getting trampled to death in the event of shit popping off. I don't mind crowds usually unless we're talking about thousands of people so I don't know if that qualifies as a phobia.

Posted by Behonkiss

I think I'm gonna have to let the Bombcast go. I've been listening to it from the beginning, and loved it for a long time, but this year has just been crap. Endless discussions where they start talking about how great a game is before nitpicking endlessly for an hour, stupid mouth fart noises, awkward pauses, boring tangents...the list goes on. The podcast has gone from leaving me entertained to leaving me annoyed. They've totally lost their spark.

Posted by TheEvilCory

2:49?! More like the Tiny Bombcast!

Posted by mutha3
@Behonkiss said:

I think I'm gonna have to let the Bombcast go. I've been listening to it from the beginning, and loved it for a long time, but this year has just been crap. Endless discussions where they start talking about how great a game is before nitpicking endlessly for an hour, stupid mouth fart noises, awkward pauses, boring tangents...the list goes on. The podcast has gone from leaving me entertained to leaving me annoyed. They've totally lost their spark.

Maybe you've just fallen out of ~love~

@Elktap said:

@Bistromath said:

That Far Cry 3 part was pretty funny.

Yeah, I'm glad Brad called him out on that. That game is a complete shitshow on the consoles, and just because "you should still play it", doesn't mean that its fine. Just like how you could totally play Skyrim on PS3.
Posted by Googolplexbyte

999's True Ending is fucking terrible.

And I loved this game, I've even used 999's Zero as my avatar for the longest time.

But the True Ending still rubs me the wrong way.

Posted by nickux

This is not a complaint in any way just something I picked up on.

Has anybody else noticed Patrick always mentions if he has an alcoholic drink? If he watches a movie and drinks a beer he ALWAYS mentions the beer! haha Anyways, I picked up on it because I have a friend who does the same thing. It always feels out of place when my buddy does it too.

Posted by RVonE

Jeff shouting a promotional for Leviathon cracked me up more than it reasonably should have.

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

"It is shit"

I laughed way too hard after Brad talked about the FC 3 console version.

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

And Patrick really needs to hurry up with building that PC he's always talking about

Posted by blacklab

Sorry you encountered such a bunch of asshole Niner fans. We are not all like that.

Posted by bru

Patrick, as a Vikings fan that's been to Soldier field I have to say Bears fans can be pretty shitty too. I had snowballs thrown at me, beer poured on me, and the best of all was getting spit on. And that was after the Vikings lost the game.

Posted by tallTuck94

I've been playing the PS3 version of farcry 3 and it's fun as fuck. the only technical issues i've had is a couple of weird texture glitches but it's still sooooo fun.

Posted by ImmortalSaiyan

@gladspooky said:

"If you want to hang out with someone, you want to carry a persona of that type..."

Not really. I never have the right persona, and I'm level 9 with everybody, in Naoto's dungeon.

Yeah, I never thought that was necessary. I was under the impression that what started relationships was not personas but how much of a certain stat such as courage you have.

Hearing Far Cry 3 fails to make good on it's set up is a bummer. Vaas was my favorite part of the quicklook. I don't want another sand box game right now.

Posted by EnduranceFun

@Sil3n7 said:

So you guys are just gonna act like the #1reasonwhy didn't happen?

Whaaaaaaaat?

They probably want to sweep that whole incident under the rug, not surprising.

May be an improvement over the last time they discussed a similar issue on the Bombcast. It boiled down to the non-Vinny staff bitching at non-existent trolls like paranoid old men.

Posted by tourgen

Awesome podcast

Miasmata is on the top of my list to check out this weekend. It sounds great.

Posted by Superkenon

Happy to hear some talk about 999. Hope Patrick makes it to the True End!

It's definitely a weird one. Walking that fine line between brilliance and utter bullshit. But, I liked it, especially since it didn't fall into the same trap as a lot of video game plot twists -- where it just makes a bunch of crap up all of a sudden out of left field just for the shock. The big twists in 999 were hinted at from the very beginning and onward, which made their revelations more satisfying than annoying. At least to me.

I'd say the chances are 50/50 for how well one will take the ending, heh.

Posted by Krrutch

cool to have patrick back

fun cast, thanks

Posted by BasketSnake

After listening through some of the Far Cry stuff I decided to simply uninstall the game after ending up on the second island. That's where "my" game ended. Played it for 9 hours and that was enough for me. It's a little far out there but nothing to cry about.

Posted by baldgye

is anyone else's broken?? my itunes at 46min mark has patrick talking about the game he went to but on my iphone has them talking about mass effect/walking dead... wtf ?!

Posted by SpunkyHePanda

@Googolplexbyte said:

999's True Ending is fucking terrible.

And I loved this game, I've even used 999's Zero as my avatar for the longest time.

But the True Ending still rubs me the wrong way.

It's definitely divisive, and I can understand why. It's so far removed from anything the story resembled at the beginning, you might as well be talking about two different games. The story the true ending tells is definitely to a different taste. Personally, I loved both parts, and appreciated how completely insane it got (except maybe the final shot).

Posted by Fattony12000

@Behonkiss said:

@hoccus said:

After experiencing my first bombcast last week, I couldn't believe what I was missing out on.

The circle of life.

Posted by OleMarthin

i think the 360 version of far cry 3 is great. not saying it can hold a candle to the pc, but hey, the 360 is 7 years old. and this game looks a lot better than most of the stuff on the 360. the framerate is low but it is stable so you get used to it fast and after that's it's not a issue at all.

Posted by Sil3n7

@EnduranceFun said:

@Sil3n7 said:

Whaaaaaaaat?

May be an improvement over the last time they discussed a similar issue on the Bombcast. It boiled down to the non-Vinny staff bitching at non-existent trolls like paranoid old men.

The fact that Jeff, Ryan and everyone else has been quiet about this just reveals they probably aren't happy with the whole situation. To me Patrick still seems like the outsider that doesn't really get the culture.

Posted by ez123

Best bombcast moments in a long time.

1.) Vinny's joke about Bungie doing the presentation on a Wii U

2.) Levia-thon

Vinny not knowing that he did it and Patrick's total silence made it hilarious.

Edited by KlUMZeE

Bombcast Muthafuckas!!!!

Also, I just played through Leviathan last night and it is indeed excellent. You go back to the lab one too many times, but it's still a ton of fun and has some great lore and story stuff. Still gotta check out Omega once I get paid again. So excited to play it!

Posted by Ulzor

@twillfast said:

@Ulzor said:

@evanbower said:

So your answer to someone expressing a criticism of a very critical person is to be a condescending jackass? Talk about someone who should pull "your head out of your ass." Theres a difference between someone with certain dialect and someone who says about half a dozen words completely wrong and won't change cause they are too proud. So go on with your defending people on the internet that you find infallible you jackass!

Edited by Tesla

Awesome podcast with more actual game discussion than usual.

It would have been nice if you guys could have talked specifics and spoilers while discussing The Walking Dead though. Everyone was eloquent describing why the game is special but the talk is really hamstrung when you are forced to speak vaguely to avoid spoiling stuff.

Posted by NekuCTR

Drink every time Patrick mentions Patrice.

Posted by ProfessorEss

Man, Game of the Year discussions seem like they're going to be a real mess this year.

Feels most of the staff has played like, the bare minimum required to hold a half way informed discussion.

Posted by MeatSim

30 great games!? you don't even need to review them! You already know they are great!

Posted by Milkman

@Sil3n7 said:

@EnduranceFun said:

@Sil3n7 said:

Whaaaaaaaat?

The fact that Jeff, Ryan and everyone else has been quiet about this just reveals they probably aren't happy with the whole situation. To me Patrick still seems like the outsider that doesn't really get the culture.

These preconceived notions that people have about the staff are ridiculous. Stop assuming you know how they all feel about everything because you really don't know.

They didn't talk about #1reasonwhy because it has been talked to death and any kind of impact it may have had on this site has been diverted away from its real meaning and has become completely irrelevant. There's no point in talking about it anymore.

Posted by kholdstare99

I looked up a video with the head and if you fuck with it enough it blows up. Probably a good move.

Posted by Pop

Chickens and geese get along too, they like to hang out with their own species more but they don't run from one another.

Great bombcast, I really like Jeff's explanations of anything they all make a lot of sense

I really liked that wii without online screaming session.

Posted by EnduranceFun

@Milkman said:

These preconceived notions that people have about the staff are ridiculous.

[preconceived notions about the staff]

Great stuff, guy.

Posted by Milkman

@EnduranceFun said:

@Milkman said:

These preconceived notions that people have about the staff are ridiculous.

[preconceived notions about the staff]

Great stuff, guy.

Not really. It's really not that hurt to figure out why it wouldn't be brought up again. The idea that because they didn't talk about means they're somehow disappointed in Patrick or that he's seen as an "outsider" is just stupid.

Posted by ILikePopCans

@Milkman said:

@Sil3n7 said:

@EnduranceFun said:

@Sil3n7 said:

Whaaaaaaaat?

These preconceived notions that people have about the staff are ridiculous. Stop assuming you know how they all feel about everything because you really don't know.

They didn't talk about #1reasonwhy because it has been talked to death and any kind of impact it may have had on this site has been diverted away from its real meaning and has become completely irrelevant. There's no point in talking about it anymore.

Jeff did comment in the story comments a few times.

Also, you guys who think they hate Patrick now don't know jack shit. So saying stuff you don't know.