214 Comments
Posted by divergence

Paying for the guy behind you? Well, you can't very well call it "paying it forward' can you? heh.

Posted by PHenry1991

Nothing is gonna top that yelp conversation for a good long while.

Posted by ripelivejam

@Aegon said:

WOAH, SimCity talk is boring. Oh well. I guess some people are interested.

yeah that's opinions for you

now that i'm actually playing sleepy dawgz i want more current talk about that but can't win them all...

Posted by fustacluck

@SleepyDoughnut said:

I feel like I should hate extended talk about movies I haven't seen, but I actually really enjoy it for some reason

You really should check out the "How Did This Get Made?" podcast, then. Sometimes the films you haven't seen are the funniest episodes.

Posted by Aegon

WOAH, SimCity talk is boring. Oh well. I guess some people are interested.

Posted by ModernMoriarty

Well, Lords of Shadow does indeed get quite good when you finally reach the titular castle, but let's not allow the game to get off the hook too easily. The first section with the werewolves goes on *forever*, and is only very occasionally interesting. At that point in the game, you have little equipment, not many skills, and its just level after level after level of caves and wilderness. The lack of stuff that you have means that you can't engage in much of the side quest collecting until later (you can revisit levels), so its really quite boring at this stage.

Things do liven up immensely when you unlock a decent amount of skills, get some of the better gear and reach the castle (the village is quite good too). But its an up and down sort of game. I'm a big Castlevania fan, but LoS certainly isn't my favourite. There are some truly great moments (the epic battle with the Ogre Chef is a highlight), and I did like the blind girl sidekick that Gabriel has for a while etc. But overall it was often a surprisingly dull game, and I think given the importance they place on the story in this one, the rather drab characterization of Gabriel, and Robert Carlyle's utterly disinterested voice acting didn't help in this regard.

Basically, it was okay but I don't think they nailed it. Report Card reads 'Could do Better'.

Posted by Carlos1408

The real deal!

Posted by Darkhollow

Another lenghty Bombcast! Can't say no to that.

Posted by granderojo

Constantine was a good movie.

Posted by TheManWithNoPlan

Late night with the Bombcast. Oh yeeaahhh.

Posted by PHenry1991

Yay! Bombcast!

Edited by CptBedlam

@Ares42 said:

Regarding Lords of Shadow, the other guys should really check out some of the bosses in the game. The Dragon Boss is easily one of my great gaming highlights. Other than that there are plenty of great stages, like the toybox, machinarium and farmstead.

The unfortunate thing is just that the game starts very slowly and generic.

Yup. Unfortunately, all their complaints about the game are nothing but uneducated guesses since none of them except Vinny played it further than the first chapter. Ryan and Jeff didn't even touch the game. Pure ignorance.

And does Brad know that past Castlevanias also had chain whips? The combat cross is just a fucking handle for the chain whip and yet he acts as if it's the dumbest thing in the world. Baffling. It's a videogame, Brad.

Posted by RE_Player1

@dvorak said:

@m16mojo2 said:

The cave seems boring to me.

That's because it is.

I can confirm this.

Posted by SleepyDoughnut

I feel like I should hate extended talk about movies I haven't seen, but I actually really enjoy it for some reason

Posted by Shinmaru007

I want to watch ALL these shitty movies they are talking about!

Posted by mellotronrules

@david3cm:

'agnostic' has become a synonym for 'noncommittal.'

Posted by david3cm

@dvorak: ok, but I have only heard it used in the religious connotation, or lack there of I guess, so does it just mean independent of something else?

Edited by SpasticHeathen

Vinny Caravella : DMC3 PC port is a horrible, terrible experience plagued with technical issues (Just having the game's music files present can take your framerate down a good 20 frames a second) and lousy gamepad support. However just to make things difficult DMC4 is the definitive version with DMC3's Turbo Mode and an extra difficulty that drops tons of enemies everywhere that's exclusive to the PC release which performs wonderfully. Best bet's to get the HD Collection and pick up the DmC bundle for DMC4 and DmC alone.

Posted by Wonloong

What did Patrick meant by "character agnostic"?

Posted by SkankinPacman

@CaLe: I think it takes a certain person to really enjoy that movie. I absolutely love it. But hey, opinions are opinions.

Posted by CaLe

Maybe They Live was good for its time, but I got no enjoyment out of watching it for the first time a few days ago. Everything other than the concept was just bad. BAD. Bad acting, bad music which never stops, bad action scenes, bad character interaction. Just-- nothing good.

Posted by ripelivejam

hey new bombcast :rock:

hey comments i will probably start ignoring from now on :)

Posted by JZ

How about vinny likes the game and fuck you if you don't?

Posted by Ares42

Regarding Lords of Shadow, the other guys should really check out some of the bosses in the game. The Dragon Boss is easily one of my great gaming highlights. Other than that there are plenty of great stages, like the toybox, machinarium and farmstead.

The unfortunate thing is just that the game starts very slowly and generic.

Posted by PatPandaHat

While I can understand some reticence to go back through the Cave a third or fourth time, I didn't really have too much of a problem with it, as it let me refine how quickly I could solve a puzzle each time I went back through. Also, the Scientist is totally worth going back through, Brad.

Posted by Aegon

AND THEN I'M OVER HERE!

Posted by OneManX

It's Tuesday, y'all!

Posted by Nightriff

GOT MY BOMBCAST GOING HELL YEAH!!!

Posted by Snigs

Give it to me bombadeers!

Posted by dvorak

@david3cm said:

OK, I have never heard agnostic used in that context and can't find a definition online that would be fitting for the way Patrick is using it. Can some English major please enlighten me.

Platform agnostic has been used forever in programming. There is many ways to use the word.

Posted by david3cm

OK, I have never heard agnostic used in that context and can't find a definition online that would be fitting for the way Patrick is using it. Can some English major please enlighten me.

Posted by HistoryInRust

@TepidShark: I think the term legitimately good is pushing it a little bit as an accurate descriptor of the first Resident Evil film. But it's certainly enjoyable, especially in contrast to the rest of that series.

Posted by dvorak

@m16mojo2 said:

The cave seems boring to me.

That's because it is.

Posted by Red12b
@TepidShark

Real interested to hear what the Bomb crew has to say about the Resident Evil film series. First movie is a legitimately good movie, the rest are awesomely bad, in my opinion.

TANG
Posted by TepidShark

Real interested to hear what the Bomb crew has to say about the Resident Evil film series. First movie is a legitimately good movie, the rest are awesomely bad, in my opinion.

Posted by vashstyle

https://twitter.com/ShawnElliott/status/295444518159921152

AGHH!!H!!!!!

Posted by Legion_

POTCAST

Posted by MooseyMcMan

Yay!

Posted by cloudymusic

Bombcaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast

Posted by Linkster7

Time for some sweet sweet Bombtime!

Posted by CharAznable

Fuck yes.

Posted by AlwaysBeClothing

Giant Bomb is my headquarters for Bombcasts

Posted by Flappy

Bombcast time! Le' go!

Posted by HyperionXR

Early Podcast! Just what I needed!

Posted by gbrading

I love a Bombcast on a Tuesday (British time, just).

Posted by videogamesarenotart

ON WITH THE SEXISM DISCUSSION

because when its a women, its different.

Posted by bombedyermom

AW JEEZ

Posted by TheHT

and off to skyrim i go!

Posted by cuxun

OMG!!!! Early Podcast LETS GO!!!!

Posted by PoisonJam7

Yeah! Bombcast! Finally, something to do on this rainy day...