265 Comments
Posted by Baal_Sagoth

I agree with Jeff about a replacement for the Nintendo release lists. If you guys can come up with something appropriate to fill that void, it might turn out to be really cool and as entertaining as the insane marketing stuff was.

Edited by Cook66

NintenDownload X-press > Bombcast
Posted by Jedted

No Vinny makes me sad.  Ah well, he deserves a long vacation. 
Edited by emem

Miss.. Effect?

Posted by thebigJ_A

I just watched Darkon.

I don't even.....

Posted by xSeanZx
@Red12b said:
" @TheMathlete said:
" @MiniPato said:
" @RiotBananas said:
" @MiniPato said:

" You don't have to like everyone and no one has to be liked by everyone "  
 Then why are you and many others getting so fucking butthurt when people say they don't like Alex? "
My initial reply to you was to point out how useless the phrase "no offense" is because if you have to say "no offense" chances are it's probably going to be offensive. And by saying no offense, you are thereby saying that you would understand if someone does take offense because you are aware your comment could possibly cause offense. "
Hear hear, good sir.  Show the haters what for and so on... "
...No offence but people who use the phrase "no offence" without a sense of Irony are dipshits.  and also..."No offence" but the same applies to most people who also use the phrase, "Well that's just my opinion" as a limpdick response to not being able to debate your points.    so all in all, fuck you all... "
No offense, but offense is spelled with an s.
Posted by punkxblaze
@xSeanZx said:
" @Red12b said:
" @TheMathlete said:
" @MiniPato said:
" @RiotBananas said:
" @MiniPato said:

Then why are you and many others getting so fucking butthurt when people say they don't like Alex? "
My initial reply to you was to point out how useless the phrase "no offense" is because if you have to say "no offense" chances are it's probably going to be offensive. And by saying no offense, you are thereby saying that you would understand if someone does take offense because you are aware your comment could possibly cause offense. "
...No offence but people who use the phrase "no offence" without a sense of Irony are dipshits.  and also..."No offence" but the same applies to most people who also use the phrase, "Well that's just my opinion" as a limpdick response to not being able to debate your points.    so all in all, fuck you all... "
No offense, but offense is spelled with an s. "
Not if you're mad Britishy.
Posted by bassman2112

Thanks for the podcast guys <3

It kept me sane at work tonight, and man DCUO sounds lame...

Edited by Red12b
@punkxblaze said:

" @xSeanZx said:

" @Red12b said:

" @TheMathlete said:
" @MiniPato said:
" @RiotBananas said:
" @MiniPato said:

Not if you're mad Britishy. "
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/offence 
Learn real English 
Posted by Woodroez

Ms. Madden

Posted by thebigJ_A

Dead Space, scary? Psssh. Play Amnesia. True horror. And no monster closets. Actually monsters are in different places on different playthroughs, so you never know what's coming.

Posted by JoeRosa

Jeff you couldn't of explained Dc any better. I really want to see it in writing. My friend keep trying to get me to play but the beta was enough for me.

Posted by SunKing

Funny that Jeff mentioned that DCO felt like it was a bad PC port on console. I've heard PC players saying that it feels like a bad console port. Looks like nobody's happy.

Posted by GunnBjorn

Final Fantasy XIII sold more than six million copies. Those are great sales figures!
Posted by MatthewMk2

Yay? Never listened to a Bombcast. Should I? Eh, why not? Not like I have anything better to do, being unemployed and all.

Edited by Terranova

Yeah DCU is too console for the PC version  and too PC for the PS3 version, I have played the PC version and it's not all that fun,  i can see the PC version going F2P sooner rather than later

Posted by skjeggen

FIRST!?!?!?! 

oh:(

Posted by AddyMac

Surprised how cynical they were about the Steam/Playstation deal, especially Jeff's defence of Microsoft's closed system. 

Although I probably shouldn't be, considering they took Activision's side during the IW affair.

Posted by bodine1231

Completely disagree with Jeff about DCUO. I'm having a frickin blast playing it and the PVP is actually really good! Don't think of DCUO as Wow,think of it as an online version of Crackdown 1 with excellent PVP.

Posted by Terranova
@bodine1231 said:
" Completely disagree with Jeff about DCUO. I'm having a frickin blast playing it and the PVP is actually really good! Don't think of DCUO as Wow,think of it as an online version of Crackdown 1 with excellent PVP. "
It's an MMO, it was made as such and should be viewed as such, and as a MMO it's as Jeff says, if it were made as you said ie a online Crackdown with PVP elements then fair enough but it's not and certainly not worth paying $15 a month for.
Posted by Krystal_Sackful

Ms. Rapelay

Posted by chem

I wish the bombcast was longer.

Posted by Pop

oh c'mon you can't remove dsiware also this week sounded awesome!

Posted by RD_21

For DCUO

First for the gear, you can equip any style you've unlock no matter what is the piece of gear that you have equipped. 

Second it's a good game, I am playing on a wired connection and I have never encountered a 15 seconds delay for things to charge while I am getting bashed so maybe you should get a better connection or try wired if you are wireless. 

For the quest being repetitive, IT'S AN MMO! Have you played WoW? Because I've got my shared fare of kill x animals, get x number of liver (and the worst part is that some of them don't have a liver) and most of the time the storyline are more engaging then WoW's quest (of the old at least). Sure you don't see Batman giving you quest and his face pop up, you think Batman has the time to sit around and give quest to a goofball like you? He is out there fighting and gives you quest by the communicator which is fine, sure I hope to "meet" him one day and it's part of the fun.  

You are also trying to belittle them about the no grinding and 5 minutes later you said you are almost at max level, that was their goal it's not because they are lacking content. They wanted you to experience multiple story and multiple powers/movement/weapons and said that another game was starting at 30 like many MMO. 

I've had this game for 2 days and I can't stop playing it, I went to bed at 1 AM for 2 days because I can't stop. Maybe you don't like it but maybe you aren't the demographic for it either (I am not a DC fanboy, but I like those worlds). 

You say it has clearly been built for the PC and port to the PS3 and I feel the other way around. The PC can't even click the menu either or abilities, it was meant for console and the fighting mechanic would be awful imo on a keyboard and mouse setup so I can see people on PC not liking it but on console with a PS3 controller it's really cool and fluid.  

As for the framerate drop I don't have that many but when I went to look at my friend's house and saw him play on a wireless connection it was chugging a lot. 

This game is not perfect that's for sure but it's very far from the way you are painting it also.    

Posted by Max_Cherry

Why is Ryan so dismissive every time Jeff mentions Max Von Sydow?

Posted by Swoxx

No Vinny AND alex as guest? think i might pass this week.  

Fucking bring Drew on more often

Posted by Grillbar
@swoxx:

you got a problem with alex or is it that vinny is not on.
Posted by Swoxx
@Grillbar: Both, well mostly that they should use Drew/Dave more often, feels like Alex is always the stand in and while i have nothing against the guy i just don't think he brings anything of interest to the table.

Note: I know Drew was recently on but still.
Posted by dragonzord
@Red12b said:

" @punkxblaze said:

" @xSeanZx said:

" @Red12b said:

" @TheMathlete said:
" @MiniPato said:
" @RiotBananas said:
" @MiniPato said:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/offence Learn real English  "
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/offence  
Learn real English 
Posted by Red12b
@zoner said:

" @Red12b said:

" @punkxblaze said:

" @xSeanZx said:

" @Red12b said:

" @TheMathlete said:
" @MiniPato said:
" @RiotBananas said:
" @MiniPato said:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/offence Learn real English  "
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/offence  Learn real English  "
ffs 

Also,  offence.
Posted by RD_21

Oh and I have played a lot of PC MMO and I didn't lose my shit on the PS3 version of DCUO, it's fun and addicting. 

Of course it's going to be shout there's no public channel like in WoW. 

The only thing that bothers me I guess is that the guy who played the game is really down on it and when you talk with him you are like "this doesn't sound like the kind of game that I want to play", but that's because that guy is selling you on his bad experience and appreciation of the game, because it is really not like he is painting it. 

But oh well I guess that's what happen when only one person play a game.
Posted by ApolloBob

Well DCUO bored the shit out of me - I nodded at nearly everything Jeff said.

Posted by Lucidquasar

I would like to suggest bringing in a microwave full of metal utensils running on high in front of a microphone as an alternative fill in guest  to Alex.

Posted by UsbCable
@Natalia: I still have hope for FF and I also thought it was a joke. :p 

I don't normally just state my love for people for no reason but to counteract some post... I wove you Alex, your elbows are cool.
Posted by RVonE
@Lucidquasar said:
"I would like to suggest bringing in a microwave full of metal utensils running on high in front of a microphone as an alternative fill in guest  to Alex. "

OOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! SICK BURN, DOG!!!!!!!
Posted by Lucidquasar
@RVonE said:
" @Lucidquasar said:
"I would like to suggest bringing in a microwave full of metal utensils running on high in front of a microphone as an alternative fill in guest  to Alex. "
OOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! SICK BURN, DOG!!!!!!! "
No burn intended , I just really like listening to the death cries of a microwave full of metal. I think they have a lot to say , a lot to teach us.
Posted by SnakeEyes327

MK talk on GiantBomb always makes me happy.

Edited by ApolloBob

Yeah totally gave the Nintendo releases short shrift - Ryan Davis flatly intoning "Animal Boxing".  I will be listening to Jeff's podcast immediately after, and possibly exclusively going forward.

Tyrants!

Posted by kollay

Listen through the Bombcast up to the part of where the Nintendo downloadable used to be. Pause. Play Jeff's podcast to completion. Resume Bombcast.

Posted by RubberFactory

I love how Jeff is laughing about how ridiculous a podcast dedicated solely to dsiware and wiiware games would be, then he goes and does just that.

Posted by Hoshnasi

Help me please!  How do I watch the Star Trek TNG marathon!!!!!  Did they stream it?

Posted by RD_21

@ApolloBob     

I am not doubting it or saying that Jeff can't have that opinion. I just don't like the fact that he's the only one who played it so all they can say is "that doesn't seem like it's fun" but it's base of his let's use the word biased opinion for lack of a better term that his negative. Just like my opinion is biased torward the appreciation I have of it. 

I just don't like also how he is seeing that no one can have any fun with that game and how he is acting like a Simpsons character "eueueueuueue" everytime someone bring the game after that like the game is a joke and a piece of shit. 

He doesn't have to like it but he is to categoric about it.

Posted by m0nk3y80y

I knew it! Brad's an android!

Posted by G24S

Yay for Alex. Reminds me of the good ol' days.

Posted by monster9999

This bomb-cast shall remain as a memory for now and ever, when the legendary infamous nintendownload xpress was conceived

Posted by trustymutsi

So, when Brad reads a book, does he go right to the last page?

Posted by Zero315

Gonna dispel some of the Alex hate in here by saying I like the guy. It's nice to hear his take on games every once in a while, plus he reminds me a bit of myself. 

I agree with what Jeff said about the LBP2 CE, I totally feel good buying it.

Posted by MeatSim

I think DC Universe Online got more discussion time then it deserved.

Posted by trustymutsi
@Lucidquasar said:

I second the motion. All in favor?
Posted by Nethermancer

As one of the people that paid 50 dollars specifically so that long Bombcasts would be finantially viable, I'm fine with Jeff reading the Nintendo releases.