124 Comments
  • 124 results
Posted by Orange

When will it be "Season 4" Anyone know?

Posted by Chokomofo

Get ready to soil your plants, fellas. (And ladies.)

Posted by STUPIDUSERNAME

Thank you Giant Bomb

Edited by LTSmash

I have fond childhood memories of the Penitentiary movies.

Posted by Vash108

Hell yeah DSI ware is back!

Posted by MistaSparkle

Bethesda you say!?

Posted by Rxanadu
@ShaneDev: I'm not defending Jeff; I'm defending the right to one's own opinion.  I'm saying that everyone has a few games they hate (or at least highly dislike) regardless of the amount of their experience with the game.  If you play a game for a certain amount of time without the game capturing you interest, then it failed at it's job. 

When I was talking about the AAA titles, that was meant to be an example to form a bit of context for my argument.  I'm well aware you weren't comparing the game to a AAA title (it was two lines of text.  How much could you have said?).   

I went a bit overboard about my last comment on the last post, this much is true.  However, because everyone is entitled to their opinion, no-one should try to devalue another's opinion.  If one were to do so, it would defeat the purpose of an open opinion.  Saying that Jeff "sounds like a massive asshole" is a hit at his open opinion (and without much reason, I might add).

Also, you said nothing (and I mean NOTHING) about the developers' hard work on Prey or whether or not Jeff ever played the game.  You just criticized how he voiced his opinion.  It's like saying someone sounds like an idiot without giving a reason why - similar to all of the denizens of YouTube. 

Just to be sure everyone in the entire realm of the Internet -including yourself- understands my statement:  I hold my stance on this issue for anyone and everyone who this was said against.   
Posted by NotU

I have never, ever, received my pre-order bonuses from any Gamestop.  I even watched the clerk behind the counter hand out the last one for one particular game to the guy in front of me who didn't even pre-order because they were friends.  The clerk didn't even say 'sorry'.

I don't even bother pre-ordering any more, and won't even walk into a Gamestop any more unless I absolutely cannot find what I'm looking for anywhere else.

Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials

Why is everyone so afraid of making new ARCADE rhythm games? I'd think some company would want to fill the Guitar Hero void and compete directly with Rock Band. Even if the genre is on its way out, it's still a better prospect than these stupid educational games.

Posted by dr_mantas

I'm probably late to the party, but it's funny how obviously Brad was hinting at the Riddler being the embargoed Batman thing. Or at least something to do with the Riddler.

Posted by Dynamo22

@meatsim maybe they should trade him? Ryan that is. 

Edited by Tebbit

Those comments got awkward fast. 

Posted by TastyCakesMcG33

I'm glad to hear this, but at the same time, I feel bad for you guys and probably would have been ok if you skipped this week and just went and took a nap instead lol.

Posted by Evilsbane

Love the picture !

Posted by DG991
@chickenpotpi: That is a pretty funny picture. 

This is one of the shortest podcasts ever. Obviously you guys are sick and stuff so it's not a big deal. Get better soon guys. 
Posted by eccentrix

The only reason I'm not upset about Portal spoilers is because that was my email.

Posted by Mercanis

Bombcast crew, go home and get 9 hours of sleep for a few consecutive nights. We need you to stay alive and healthy!

Posted by donaldkhogan
@Meatsim: 

Oh man...good Portland joke.  I was living there when he got signed...and was injured.  They had a giant "get well card" for him in the Pioneer Square for people and passers by to sign.  Some folks wrote some not so nice stuff on it!
Edited by ShaneDev
@Rxanadu: Holy shit! I didn't expect a reply like that.  I wasn't ranting about any games I said I like XIII and can see why some do not, thats not a rant. I didn't even compare it to any "AAA"  titles so I have no idea what your on about. As for my other statement, Jeff outright dismissed and made fun of a game he has not played or has seen any footage of. I didn't think that was fair on the developers of the game given how I thought Prey 1 was alright and a good few people also enjoyed it. He is of course entitled to his opinion on his on show but I felt he went way overboard and I stand by my statement. 

Besides what is it to you? Why do you feel the need to defend him?
Posted by Rxanadu
@Andorski: Which video is that from?  Is it a Mailbag, or something?  I need some context! 
Posted by Rxanadu
@ShaneDev said:
" Oh man XIII was a great game not sure why people don't like it other than the slightly bad shooting controls.  EDIT: Also Jeff sounds like a massive asshole when talking about Prey. "
So, you don't sound "like a massive asshole" when you describe games you don't like?  Be honest: you probably rant about Games X and Y because they just weren't as good as either the AAA titles or the other games you've played that have a close place in your heart.   

If someone sounds that way when they describe their opinion, it's OK.  It's people like you who are silencing the public opinions everybody has about every experience in their lives.
Edited by ShaneDev

Oh man XIII was a great game not sure why people don't like it other than the slightly bad shooting controls. 

EDIT: Also Jeff sounds like a massive asshole when talking about Prey.

Posted by SlightConfuse

ryan is the bob sanders of giantbomb

Posted by Max_Hydrogen
@Turbo_Toaster said:
" @ChristianCastillo said:
" @flawless2c said:
" Ryan seriously needs to start exercising, dieting, and just attempt to shed some weight.  I'm starting to worry for the guy. I mean he is not getting any younger and it seems like he has a lot of risk factors for disease and illness (weight, drinking, and even smoking?!). Ryan, for your own sake, and for the sake of all of us who enjoy your presence on this site, get healthier!! "
You guys need to realize he's not trying to offend anyone here but rather giving some sincere advice.  I agree with this man. "
I really don't see why expressing concern for someone is getting the kind of vitriol that it is. Ragging on someone for that is seriously weird. "
We care about these guys and we want them to stay healthy. I must confess, I've been worried about this too but was somewhat relieved when they mentioned in a mailbox video that they don't actually eat all those candies people send. But Ryan did say that he does tend to drink the energy drinks though; a few years down the line, a whole generation will experience a rude awakening when it realizes how bad that stuff is for you. Stay healthy everyone!

Other than that, great Bombcast, I like it when the guys are exhausted, they record a more informative and professional sounding Bombcast, and at around 90 minutes: Perfect!
Posted by Commisar123

hmmmm
Posted by bybeach

I can or used to get real sick. You guys pushed it a bit too far, all of you recover/get better.
Posted by Chokomofo
@chickenpotpi said:
" @Andorski said:
"

I can't stop laughing at this part in the video.
"
That's the part where I totally lost it. I bust up laughing through the entirety of the rest simply because I was still thinking about terrified/confused Brad face. "
Best. Picture. Ever.
Posted by metalsnakezero

I usually pre-order games when I know it will be limited like Atlus games, where I can't them on shelves in bestbuy or other stores.

Posted by Aegon
@xXwindoverXx:  Yeah, I wanted to say something to that effect to Ryan but thought I'd get flamed. It's only 'cause we care Ryan! It would be awesome to see you lose weight.
Posted by xXwindoverXx
@Turbo_Toaster said:
" @ChristianCastillo said:
" @flawless2c said:
" Ryan seriously needs to start exercising, dieting, and just attempt to shed some weight.  I'm starting to worry for the guy. I mean he is not getting any younger and it seems like he has a lot of risk factors for disease and illness (weight, drinking, and even smoking?!). Ryan, for your own sake, and for the sake of all of us who enjoy your presence on this site, get healthier!! "
You guys need to realize he's not trying to offend anyone here but rather giving some sincere advice.  I agree with this man. "
I really don't see why expressing concern for someone is getting the kind of vitriol that it is. Ragging on someone for that is seriously weird. "
I concur!
Posted by MeatSim

Ryan sure is on injured reserve a lot. He is the Greg Oden of podcasting.

Posted by Agent47

Where is season 4 gentlemen?

Posted by lokilaufey
@Andorski said:
"

I can't stop laughing at this part in the video.
"
That's the part where I totally lost it. I bust up laughing through the entirety of the rest simply because I was still thinking about terrified/confused Brad face.
Posted by TheeBassMasta

I love the photo for this Bombcast.

Posted by Gizmo

Ryan's immune system gets a 2/5.

Posted by Agent47
@flawless2c:   Yeah I saw this video of him when he was younger and in his early early Gamespot days I think, but I couldn't find it.He was a lot thinner in that vid here he is kind of bulking up.So question is....if was so fit.....what made him change that.I was shocked when I saw it because that meant Ryan could go back to those days.Just needs some dedication.
Posted by fox01313

Besides using that great photo of Brad behind the monitor, the one main thing that keeps me from going to Pax (ye olde Pax Plague) strikes again. Hope all bombcast/whiskey media crew gets better soon. 

Plus agreed with Jeff, I can understand a few publishing deals or other things going on at places like Pax but WTF on the preordering stuff, that just seems stupid to put at an event like that.

Posted by CaLe

I don't like pineapples!

Posted by Sammo21

The character in Prey 2 is NOT Tommy as was announced when the game's concept was revealed.  I like the concept as the only thing cool about the first Prey was the native American parts.  Oh, and vagina doors.

Posted by Rodiard
@elsux0r said:
" I claim at least partial responsibility for Brad being so hungover on Friday. I brought the boys beer on Thursday for Rock Band night (I'm A Wizard, This Is Witbier and My Notebook: Amber) and since Brad was on the sidelines for a few we definitely put a dent in those growlers. Sorry Brad!  "
Man, I would love to try some I'm a Wizard, This is Witbier.
Posted by Brewmaster_Andy

I claim at least partial responsibility for Brad being so hungover on Friday. I brought the boys beer on Thursday for Rock Band night (I'm A Wizard, This Is Witbier and My Notebook: Amber) and since Brad was on the sidelines for a few we definitely put a dent in those growlers. Sorry Brad! 
Posted by Rodiard

Best possible Bombcast picture.

Posted by Ronald

Everyone seems really worn out after PAX. If course, they also just had GDC, and for some they had DICE right before that. Luckily there isn't much going on for a little while.

Posted by SileoNex

Only an hour and 22 minutes. :(

Posted by Turbo_Toaster
@ChristianCastillo said:
" @flawless2c said:
I really don't see why expressing concern for someone is getting the kind of vitriol that it is. Ragging on someone for that is seriously weird.
Posted by chocolaterhinovampire

Wicked

Posted by Guybrush

"See you next Tuesday"? Thanks Jeff.

Posted by karmaghost

Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but if Ryan, Brad, and perhaps other Giant Bomb staff are sick, I think I can pinpoint the exact night I too became ill. 

Get well soon, everyone!

Posted by Ithmoliar

Some of the comments seem really inappropriate.... I thought we were here to listen to games talk and random nonsense (damn I miss the energy drink taste test!!!) 

Keep reaching the stars boys, another great podcast!

Posted by 1xmilox1

Best wishes, get well soon Ryan! Watch No Escape on netflix instant queue for an instant health boost!

• 124 results