207 Comments
Posted by Lazyaza

Prey 2 actually sounds cool, still kinda weird they called it Prey 2 though.

Posted by arch4non

Oh man, two video reviews and an extra long podcast. I'm all bombed out.

Posted by Larsa

Yeeaaaaa, playing Picross 3D as I'm listening to this.

Posted by StriderNo9

Listening to the new podcast, I really think it's great. 

Posted by AddyMac

Surprised how well Klepeck fit in. Hope it's not too long before we here from him again.

Edited by Vexxan

Bombcaaaast!

Also, more Patrick! Fits like a glove with the rest of the group, good job getting him on-board.
Posted by natetodamax
@Valkyr said:
" Ryan sounded a bit rude with his sarcastic comments about Brad coverage of Rage and Skyrim, isn't he the same dude that went to Valve and didn't get any scoop or important piece of information about anything?. I don't know, it sounded to me like he was trying to make Brad look bad only to make his subpar trip to Valve look better. "
Ryan's kinda always been a dick, but a lovable dick.

Also, why did Patrick sound like he was talking through a phone?
Edited by sublime90

listen vinny brother! its all our responsibilty to pick up trash, in the real and digital world! do your part and save the world. if it wasnt for trash, games like trash panic wouldnt exsist and the world would be in shambles. remember every bit counts, clean the earth.

Posted by Hef

Welll...technically valve does liscense their engine because as long as you own one source game, say the free game alien swarm, you get the source SDK.  So essentially anyone can make a source engine game.

Posted by ursa1979

Congrats on the gig patrick.  I basically stopped watching feedback after you left, good to see your back... and on my favorite site.

As an aside, I love Giant Bomb..... but their news has been shit. So bring the thunder.
Posted by gorkamorkaorka

"Aw man, Oblivion is out. Now I realize how terrible Morrowind was. Aw man, Skyrim is out. Now I realize how terrible Oblivion was."

Posted by shuref00t

LMAO @ Ryan: "Did you dad fuck a dragon?" 

Jeff: "Is the dragon trying to teach you its dogma?" 
Posted by OllyOxenFree

Patrick was great on this Bombcast! Hope to hear/see him again!

Posted by bkbroiler

I'm enjoying what Patrick has to add to the Bombcast. Though from what Ryan said at the beginning, it seems like he'll probably be an occasional guest. 

Posted by bkbroiler
@natetodamax said:
" @Valkyr said:
" Ryan sounded a bit rude with his sarcastic comments about Brad coverage of Rage and Skyrim, isn't he the same dude that went to Valve and didn't get any scoop or important piece of information about anything?. I don't know, it sounded to me like he was trying to make Brad look bad only to make his subpar trip to Valve look better. "

Also, why did Patrick sound like he was talking through a phone?"
Just started and he's already phoning it in. I don't know about this Patrick guy.
Posted by ryanwho

Brad couldn't even articulate why he doesn't like Quan Chi. He expected general agreement, then people asked him to just explain, and "there's already a wizard." Wow. That's what you get for being a follower.

Posted by gakon
@kalmis said:
" New guy was pretty good. Would have preferred to hear bit more where he came from. Going to bunch of E3's is not really accomplishment in my eyes. "
He's written for 1UP (and I think by extension, EGM as well), MTV Multiplayer, and G4.
Posted by skadave

If you don't like Patrick Klepek don't worry about it. . . he's moves around from job to job more than John Davison. He's been at about 5 different places in the past two years.

Posted by Jimbo

Heh, I was gonna say in the 'Latest News' comments that I'd basically like it to be like RPS but for the stuff they don't cover, then decided against phrasing it quite so... directly.  First thing Patrick does is point at RPS and say 'something like that!'.  This amused me :)

Posted by demontium

Patrick.

Posted by mutha3
@natetodamax said:
" @Valkyr said:

Also, why did Patrick sound like he was talking through a phone?
"
Hey! he gave that one poor kid a black 3DS and took the girls one all for that little boy's sake!

Underneath that cold layer of dickishness, lies a heart of gold.
Posted by OneManX
@Sanj said:
" I wonder if any of the bombcast crew have ever played the single player campaign of Blazblue, because that game has an amazing story and cast of characters. You can tell a  lot of care and attention went into creating the world of that game, and the characters just have a ton of personality. I haven't played MK yet. but Blazblue and its sequel have had the best story mode of any fighting game I've played thus far.  "
Jeff has said on many occasions, that he doesn't like Blazblue (mainly the style) and it seems that the rest either not big into fighters, or just dont care.

So i doubt it.
Posted by mutha3

.......I am extremely skeptical of their praise of Mortal Kombat's story mode. The MK series has always been a load of cheesy, corny bullshit. Fun cheesy, corny bullshit, of course, but they're making this sound like its trying to something more.

Posted by Pop

Patrick is awesome, last e-mail was epic, am I weird if I say the mortal kombat I've played the most is mk 4?

Posted by Tarsier

jeff getting tired of glados = no sense of humor.

Posted by rottendevice

Oh man.  I didn't know about the teal / orange boxart motif until this podcast.  Cannot unsee.

Posted by cannibeast

Skullfuckalities!

Posted by Pop

oh and I think patrick's mic was a little low.

Posted by tightestjeans

About the comment about PS3 portal can not be played at the same time with PC with one copy... is untrue.  The PS3 copy does not have a registration code for its own online features (like an online pass).  It comes with a steam code for Portal 2 on PC.  So yes, you can link your main PS3 account to your main PC steam account for shared trophies but you can create a second steam account on a second PSN profile and play Steam Co-op from PS3 to PC using one copy of Portal 2.  

Tested, Confirmed.
Posted by Jethuty

please explain what "teils" they were talking about with the portal and MK stuff to a non native english speaking duder. 

Posted by Treythalomew

Wanted to throw in a "think Patrick is alright on the bombcast" comment. His audio doesn't sound right though but maybe that is just his voice or him not being use to talking to the mic correctly.

Edited by MeatSim

All the Bethesda stuff is sounding great. I am also tired of all these linear FPS's.

Posted by Mister_Snig

What exactly were they bleeping out? Was it a topic that was embargoed or something?

Posted by gakon
@MisterSnig said:
" What exactly were they bleeping out? Was it a topic that was embargoed or something? "
I think it was a Portal reference deemed too spoiler-ey.
Posted by HerbieBug

Bradley Shoemaker you spoilery spoilerson!  Staying spoiler free does not mean squeeing about stuff and asking Ryan if you can talk about it.  Being spoiler free means keeping thine yap shut.  Zip it!  Goddamn!  Not cool. 

Posted by Kartana

No new guys on the Bombcast please! Thanks!

Posted by Brendan

I liked Patrick on the 'cast.  He should come on once in a while.

Posted by MadLaughter

Klepek was good on the podcast, audio sounded off, but good inputs.

Posted by MisterMouse

BOMBCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MisterMouse

BOMBCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah man the grandmas cookie joke made me laugh!
Posted by rjayb89

Sasha Grey retired? Brad would know.

Posted by PandaBear

I was surprised by Patrick ... generally speaking video game "news" guys are kinda douchebags, but he made laugh a few time ... he's no Vinny, but yeah, I think he'll be a good addition to the team. Giant Bomb is my primary news source, so more reporting works for me.

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

I wish you guys wouldn't be so hard on WET. That game was crazy awesome.

Posted by AxleBro

wow i didnt know the giantbomb community was a bunch of crybabies "WAAAAH! A NEW PERSON WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!!!!!" here's a cool idea! shut up and wait for it to become a problem, then bitch.

Posted by FrakesFace

Call out to Leon! Warner Robins GA, woo!

Posted by dvorak
@Treythalomew said:
" Wanted to throw in a "think Patrick is alright on the bombcast" comment. His audio doesn't sound right though but maybe that is just his voice or him not being use to talking to the mic correctly. "
It kind of sounded like he was too far away from the mic, and Ryan had to crank the gain up to increase his volume.
Posted by voltan

Never liked Patrick Klepek. For me Giant Bomb is Ryan, Jeff, Vinny and Brad. Fantastic Four doesn't need a fifth member. I hope he doesn't become a regular quest on the podcast.

Posted by Darknaut

Patrick was awesome, as was the rest of the cast! All this Mortal Kombat talk is driving me insane, I really need to get my hands on that game.

Posted by Rongaryen
@Darknaut said:
" Patrick was awesome, as was the rest of the cast! All this Mortal Kombat talk is driving me insane, I really need to get my hands on that game. "
Only reason I own MK now is of so much Giant Bomb coverage of it.  It's Jeff's fault I'm playing quality products.
Posted by Jolt92

I hated Patrick on the GDC-podcast, here I thought he blended in real good with the rest of the gang, but it seems like five dudes is one to many, I like it being four, three can feel a bit boring, and five can feel like to much, and anything beyond that is just insane. But having him as a fourth chair when someone is out on assignment seems like a good idea.