384 Comments
Posted by patrick

RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by KaosAngel

RICH!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Kman
@lacke:
the predicessor to arrow pointing down was hotspot, hence hotspot proceeding bombcast
Posted by Kman

Richie-G!
Posted by Bigbombomb

Vinny Caravella strangely sounds like Rich Gallup… OH DUDE!

Posted by SleepyDoughnut
@Kman said:
" @lacke: the predicessor to arrow pointing down was hotspot, hence hotspot proceeding bombcast "
Sorry to be anal, buts its preceding, not proceeding.
Posted by Mechanized

Brad, I am so angry at you. I'm loving it, 8 hours in and it's the best FF I've played since VI. I don't see how you can rag on the combat system. It's original and well thought out. I will be the first to admit it is just press X for the first 2-3 hours or so, but they have to introduce all the systems and strategy you have to use in battle. And it would be a LOT to take in all at once.  The story isn't bad at all and it lets you know what happened at the start and why if you play further into the game.

Also, Final Fantasy is about bringing in a new experience every time. God forbid we have a game where you don't go to goddamn towns. The game is linear, why is that a bad thing? You're seriously bumming me out here, I was playing it and loving it and come to listen to the Bombcast and you guys just totally shit all over it. =(

Posted by BenderUnit22

Jeff's revelation of Phoenix Down is hilarious.

Posted by Trejik
@UsbCable said:
" @Buttes said:

" @demonbear said:

" @NickL said:
" @buzz_killington said:
" @Don_Cohones said:
"hell yeah "
HELL YEAH!!!! "
hell yes? "
Hell yeah!!!! "
hell yeah "
 Hell Yes Sir!!!!!    I miss Mr. G ever so much :'( "
HELL YEAH! (5AM, GMT+1)
Posted by Shifty_Mcfly

I love the old jokes you guys brought up, one of these days your all going to fly that flag or wanna go skiing.

Posted by Gregomasta

OH HOLY SHIT................. PHOENIX DOWN!

Posted by k_dash

hearing riches voice alway puts a big smile on my face :D <--- and that's what it looks like.
Edited by WickedCobra03

Why are there 113 posts to this podcast already?  Is GB really that popular around the interwebs?  I know a lot of journalists listen to you guys as well as like all the ex-gamespotters, but holy cow, this was just put up.  Well, keep up the awesome job guys, you got that following for good reason!

BTW, Rich Gallup, I love you!  Come back to and join GiantBomb.  I previewed the first 3 minutes and I must say, you don't disappoint.  Already Jeff is wise cracking with his... "this is a medium sized James".  Oh, and then Rich follows it up with, "as one who partakes in energy foods, energy rods...".  Oh, this is going to be a hell of a show I am feeling!   Will listen to the rest tomorrow morn!

Posted by wrecks

Nice to hear from Rich! But, a bombcast with no Vinny is like a pizza with no pepperoni. Still tasty, just not quite as satisfying. 

Posted by TheKing

Dick K. Gallup!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Googly

RICH!!

Posted by DeathbyYeti

bufu gallup!

Posted by WickedCobra03

BTW, can someone make a cartoon rendition of Rich Gallup with Pimp Hat and the all to be on this season 3 bombcast  banner for this week?

Posted by drowsap

dude rich gallop  no Fing way

Posted by Aegon

Lol, revelation of pheonix down.

Posted by fishmicmuffin

RICH GALLUP! holy shit!

Posted by mankvill

OMFG RICH GALLUP I LOVE YOU

Posted by mankvill

OMFG RICH GALLUP I LOVE YOU

Posted by Kyreo

DUDE!!!!!!  RICH BROUGHT HIS EYEBROW!!!!!!!  Awesome!!!!

Posted by XNaphryz
@freshym said:
" Brad, I am so angry at you. I'm loving it, 8 hours in and it's the best FF I've played since VI. I don't see how you can rag on the combat system. It's original and well thought out. I will be the first to admit it is just press X for the first 2-3 hours or so, but they have to introduce all the systems and strategy you have to use in battle. And it would be a LOT to take in all at once.  The story isn't bad at all and it lets you know what happened at the start and why if you play further into the game. Also, Final Fantasy is about bringing in a new experience every time. God forbid we have a game where you don't go to goddamn towns. The game is linear, why is that a bad thing? You're seriously bumming me out here, I was playing it and loving it and come to listen to the Bombcast and you guys just totally shit all over it. =( "
To be fair, they're not exactly alone in having issues with the game. We've heard mixed reviews since the Japanese release, from both reviewers as well as regular players who've imported.
Posted by ez123

"We made those overtones last week."  Ah okay, I thought I was reading into things a little too much but it has been confirmed.

Posted by thedavehooker

PS3 blows, enough said. Go Valve.

Posted by Mooshu

I didn't think about that with Phoenix Downs either, I always thought they were a potion.

Edited by MarkWahlberg

I wonder if the Lincoln Force concept was at all influenced by the  'Lincoln vs. Vampires' book? 

Edit: Nevermind. Also, this episode is hilarious.

Posted by Brazzle

Fuck yeah, I was hoping Rich would be around because of GDC.

Release episode two of Time Trotters, the people demand it.

Posted by Turambar
@freshym: There is one thing that I think we can all agree with Brad regarding the game.  The combat system could have opened up a bit sooner.  The paradigm system is quite interesting, and honestly quite good.  While access to it is very plot based, so the delay in access to it is understandable, making the combat of the first 2 hours (that really is all that portion of the game is, no longer) of the game extremely limited was not the way to present it.
Edited by Spoonman671

I'll admit that it took me awhile to get phoenix down, but I'm sure I got it by their second appearance in the series.

Posted by rohanspear345

RICH GALLUP!?

Posted by RTSlord

RICH GALLUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Yzzerdd

The COD talk is still depressing, I need to hear a cast where the host go all agro on this shit.

Posted by RedSox8933

I would just like to say that it was awesome hearing Rich on the Bombcast, even without Vinny.

Posted by VisariLoyalist

Yo fools that's not vinny that's rich gallup!!!
OLD GAMESPOT CREW WIN

Posted by Maphia

Hi Rich! We missed you!

Posted by ajamafalous
@isnipeyoudie said:
" OH MY GOD RICH GALLUP   AM I DREAMING "
Posted by insane_shadowblade85

Rich Gallup? On the Bombcast without 20 other random people drowning him out? Awesome.
Posted by Supermarius

aww, i think i posted that exploit glitch video. I though i was gonna get named dropped on the bombcast by rich gallup. :(

Posted by rjayb89

PHOENIX DOWN!?

Edited by Supermarius

Hella Mass Effect 2 spoilers. Pretty not cool. But Rich does that. :P

Posted by Exar

This wii music was amusing at first, but is now just annoying. xD
And my guess was right, yay Rich!

Edited by Reptilia

it's rich? are you kidding me? 

EDIT: ok i just heard the laugh

Posted by Bionicicide

Rich G. you made Tournament TV. That rhymes.

Posted by Lukeweizer

Richie G! What a pleasant surprise!

Edited by Death_Burnout

W....R...Ri...WHA.....RICH!? fuck! my mind cant handle this first thing in the morning.

Posted by Asurastrike

Bombcast file size is 66.6MB

Posted by wilsham

Yay wednesday morning! bombcast on the walk to work day!