443 Comments
  • 443 results
Posted by apoloimagod

Black and white it is! Hope you guys put up a Quick Look soon :-)

Posted by DukesT3

Midnight at Best Buy here I come! 

Posted by kerse

Ah man I'm even more excited now,  tomorrow couldn't come sooner.

Posted by oobs

@pekoe..totally agree with you about preordering it
Posted by BelligerentEngine

Rockstar, why you so good at making video games?

Posted by Cold_Wolven

Thanks Brad, I was a little unsure how the game would play out but this review definitely got into the nuts and bolts of all the aspects to draw a much clearer picture. 

Posted by Nettacki
@dvorak: That guy honestly seems like less of a troll and more of a normal guy with an opinion that clashes heavily with a lot of people. He also has quite a few valid complaints (not crediting the actual developer, for one).
Posted by Slaker117
@vizionblind said:
how long is it?
Around 20 hours.
Posted by Fjordson
@lordofultima said:
...you can play the entire game in black and white, which enables the sort of harsh contrast you would expect from the genre.

YES. YES THANK YOU YES. I can't wait to play this game when I pick it up at midnight!

Oh my god. That's great news. Definitely going to be doing some of that tonight.
Posted by lordofultima
...you can play the entire game in black and white, which enables the sort of harsh contrast you would expect from the genre.

YES. YES THANK YOU YES. I can't wait to play this game when I pick it up at midnight!

Posted by yoshimitz707

WOW! Was not expecting this. So glad it's good.

Posted by AllanIceman

Great Review Brad. Really looking forward to this great detective game. 

Posted by MooseyMcMan

Excellent review Brad, as always!

Posted by vizionblind

how long is it?

Posted by Pandakall

By golly these characters give me the creeps. Uncanny Valley at its purest.

Posted by Fjordson

Can't wait to play this tomorrow. Glad you liked it, Brad.

Posted by EuanDewar

L.A. Noice.

Posted by arcn

After reading this review I have decided to never play this game, Brad Shoemaker aka Hitler McSatan has committed a grave injustice and upon receving my copy of L.A. Noire I will be throwing it into my incinerator. Brad's lack of praise for Team Bondi has killed any type of enjoyment I would have received from this game, purely because I like to bitch about things that really don't matter.

Posted by lordofultima

@blacklabeldomm: They don't own Team Bondai.

Posted by Doobie_Wop

Great review, really looking forward to picking it up. Love reading Brads reviews, always gets me pumped.

Posted by BulletproofMonk
@blacklabeldomm said:
Team Bondi is owned by Rockstar no? What's the deal with you people? It's a Rockstar game at this point get over it. Great review Brad.
Nope.
Posted by allenibrahim

I remember when I said "I need to get GTAIV ASAP because Jeff likes it, and it's apparently amazing." Then this came out. I don't want GTAIV anymore. I don't care how many years behind I am. 

Posted by Vinny_Says

Team Bondi is owned by Rockstar no? What's the deal with you people? It's a Rockstar game at this point get over it.
Great review Brad.

Posted by Ghost_Cat

I can't wait to get Aaron Staton on these seedy fools.

Posted by Fira

sounds great brad, I only wonder if the driving is better then it was in gta4

Posted by ZeroCast

Another shining Star in Rockstar's catalog of Stars :D.

Posted by Chuck_

Thanks for the great, spoiler-free review, Brad. Definitely picking this up at midnight at Best Buy.  

Posted by GozerTC
@nissanskyline said:

Quick look. NOW, GOD DAMN IT!!!!

A MILLION TIMES AGREE!

Also:

That ranges from the typeface used to present each case's title to the fact that you can play the entire game in black and white, which enables the sort of harsh contrast you would expect from the genre.    

The hell you say?  Why haven't I heard this before now?  Dang it!

Posted by NissanSkyline

Quick look. NOW, GOD DAMN IT!!!!

Posted by Jayross

Looks awesome, but maybe not as impact-full as Red Red Redemption was?

Anyways, I'm glad I got it for PS3.
Posted by Tally_Pants

I am pumped for this game..and this review has only furthered my joy for this release! Now...if only I could remember if I pre-ordered the game for PS3 or 360...?! Please be PS3! lol

Posted by Otacon

Really looking forward to finally playing this, great review Brad!

Posted by 234r2we232
@Milkman said:
@sofacitysweetheart: Oh look! It's some guy who gets butt hurt about the numbers attached to reviews. Hey, how you doing? Fuck off.
Poor guy. You're missing my point entirely. Good for you for trying tho! How's the social reconditioning therapy going?
Posted by HenryHSH

I'm glad you gave Team Bondi credit for making the game, Brad.

Posted by Slaker117
@TheCheese33: He was being sarcastic.
Posted by itsjoncharles

Pumped. Pre-ordering this tomorrow (like I wasn't going too already).

Posted by Milkman
@TomeOne said:
@ape_dosmil said:
@TomeOne said:
@Zimbo said:
Nice review Brad. Sounds like LA Noire is everything I was hoping it would be. Stupid UK release date! Argh!
@sofacitysweetheart said:
@TomeOne said:
Damnit, Brad. You just had to start the review by crediting the game to Rockstar and not Team Bondi, didn't you? Now everyone will keep thinking it's another Rockstar game therefore it should be exactly like other Rockstar games.
This. Rockstar can only seem make one kind of game. This doesn't appear to be it.

Really, guys. Next to giving 4 stars to a Lego game and this... its time to put Brad to sleep :x
Oh shut up. I bet you haven't even played either of those games. There is nothing controversial about any of this and so what if he mentioned Rockstar instead of Team Bondi? It's really not that big a deal. (I'm even betting Rockstar will be buying Team Bondi soon anyway)

@Zimbo: It immediately colours a person's opinion of the game since Rockstar = GTA/RDR therefore L.A. Noire must be an asshole simulator too, right?
If such a person was actually to read the review though, it makes it extremely clear that this game is really very different to GTA/RDR. It's a really well written review and Team Bondi are listed right next to the review in the general information box as developers so what does it matter?
A lot of people don't read reviews, they just look at the score and perhaps a few sentences. Why do you think folks get so worked up over a score which most of the time is founded upon what the reviewer wrote in the body and explains the reasoning for said score. No, all you get is "WTF U WHORE Y U GIVE IT A <arbitrary number that doesn't fit in with person's console choice/fandom/etc>".
Well, that's their problem then isn't it? 
Posted by TheCheese33
@mrcraggle said:
@Curufinwe: So easy that the last one he gave a 5 star review to was Dead Space 2 back in January and before then Super Meat Boy. Just giving them away it seems
Are you saying that those two games are anything short of spectacular titles that deserve nothing but the highest accolades?

These games get 5 stars for a good reason.
Posted by Milkman
@sofacitysweetheart: Oh look! It's some guy who gets butt hurt about the numbers attached to reviews. Hey, how you doing? Fuck off.
Posted by RYNO9881

Awesome review Brad, I can't wait to get this game.

Posted by me3639

One of the best written reviews i have ever read. Awesome job Brad.

Posted by mrcraggle
@Curufinwe
So easy that the last one he gave a 5 star review to was Dead Space 2 back in January and before then Super Meat Boy. Just giving them away it seems
Posted by wolf_blitzer85

AHH PICKING IT UP IN 10 HOURS FUCK YES!!!!

Edited by CornBREDX

Wow, this sounds incredible.

When I have the money I want to get this game.

Also, great writing on that review. Now I know what this game is about, at least more so then I did. Sounds like a really cool game.

Posted by Bloodlines

Now i have too buy it on friday then. Thanks Brad for shifting me from meh too sold.

Posted by CaptainYes05

Awesome.  Need to clear some backlog first, but this will be mine!

Posted by Curufinwe

Getting a 5/5 out of Brad is pretty damn easy.

Posted by Toxin066

Brad, you know how to write a review. From this, I got the info I needed to shift me from a "wary" to a "sold!"

Posted by FloMo

Excellent review. One thing I would like to know though is whether the Film Reels you can collect (if I am not mistaken) also lead to cutscenes like the newspaper articles.

Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials

Interesting. I might reverse my decision not to buy it depending on what I hear tomorrow on the podcast. I really like that it's more of an adventure game.

• 443 results