443 Comments
Posted by General_D23
@TomeOne said:
Damnit, Brad. You just had to start the review by crediting the game to Rockstar and not Team Bondi, didn't you? Now everyone will keep thinking it's another Rockstar game therefore it should be exactly like other Rockstar games.
Definitely the most annoying thing happening in the reviews I'm reading.
Posted by mracoon

Was waiting for the review before deciding to get this but now I'm fully on board.

Posted by HydraHam

Why does he keep referring to everything as "rockstars", could of swore team bondi did EVERYTHING but publish.

Posted by Maximus_VI

Great review, Brad. I'm actually excited to play through the entire game in black and white, although I'll probably leave that until the second playthrough.

Posted by StingerMK2

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!! 

been saying for months that i wouldnt buy this, because i assumed it'd just be a GTA clone with some investigating, but this sounds sooo much more awesome, hmmmm, somewhat luckily i have time to decide cos its not out in the UK till friday
Posted by NissanSkyline
@EgoCheck616 said:
BRING IT TO PC!
I need some 60fps love.
hah-hah! WAIT FOR IT. like you are probably waiting for red dead redemption.
Posted by Lazyaza

Read ya whole review Brad and I must say this game sounds freaking amazing, I must get it post haste!

Posted by chefmcduck

Great review. I'm looking forward to playing this one.

Posted by 234r2we232
@TomeOne said:
Damnit, Brad. You just had to start the review by crediting the game to Rockstar and not Team Bondi, didn't you? Now everyone will keep thinking it's another Rockstar game therefore it should be exactly like other Rockstar games.
This. Rockstar can only seem make one kind of game. This doesn't appear to be it.

Really, guys. Next to giving 4 stars to a Lego game and this... its time to put Brad to sleep :x
Posted by Chris2KLee

Nice, guess I know what I'm picking up tomorrow.

Posted by Metal_Mills
@sofacitysweetheart said:
@TomeOne said:
This. Rockstar can only seem make one kind of game. This doesn't appear to be it.

Really, guys. Next to giving 4 stars to a Lego game and this... its time to put Brad to sleep :x
Why can't he give a Lego game 4 stars?
Posted by Anwar

Awesome review, I'll be getting this baby on friday, stupid EU releases...

Posted by GetEveryone
@NME said:
I'm pleased to read a review not directly comparing LA Noire to Heavy Rain.
Has that been happening in the other reviews? This is the first I've read.

To be fair, the idea of a murder driven plot, with a large focus on story smacks of Heavy Rain.

Anyway, I am so fucking hype. 
Posted by MeatSim

Now I am definitely glad that I pre-ordered this game.

Posted by morrelloman

Pumped but will probably not buy.  Will wind up spending a fortune on DLC.

Posted by dvorak

Seems that since the cases are kind of modular, DLC would work pretty seamlessly. I'm looking forward to that kind of expansion in the future.

Posted by koolaid39

Really like the review. I will definitely be picking this one up. I can't wait to play detective!

Edited by Slaker117

Five 5 star games so far this year. Very interested to play this for myself.

Also, people who bitched that this review wouldn't happen after RDR, suck it.

Posted by smekke

Can't wait! Awesome review!!

Posted by EgoCheck616
@nissanskyline said:
@EgoCheck616 said:
BRING IT TO PC!
I need some 60fps love.
hah-hah! WAIT FOR IT. like you are probably waiting for red dead redemption.
Nah. Played Red Dead. Good game. Would just prefer to play my games on a system that can handle 60fps.
Posted by TheChaos
@EgoCheck616 said:
BRING IT TO PC!
I need some 60fps love.
Always this.
Posted by Jackel2072

Brad that was an excellent review. you pretty much answered all the questions i had left about the game. and it sounds amazing! 

Edited by Underachiever007

@TomeOne said:

What's wrong with giving a Lego game 4 stars? 

EDIT: Forget it. I don't want to derail the comments. We can continue this through PMs.

Posted by 234r2we232
@Metal_Mills said:
@TomeOne said:

I never said he couldn't. I merely implied it was kinda silly. It was challenging to take his opinion seriously before, he's making it increasingly more difficult.
Posted by fontainefellow

the only thing that can make this game better is a quick look.

Posted by TheSeductiveMoose

Having spent a lot of time with both versions of L.A. Noire, the PlayStation 3 game is the clear-cut winner. Both versions of the game look fantastic, but there were a few instances of painful frame rate drops and objects drawing in too slowly on the Xbox that didn't exist on the PS3. Also, the shadows look a bit more jagged. This is splitting hairs since, both games look good enough that you should just get the one on the platform you prefer, though the PS3 also has the added benefit of being on a single disc to the Xbox's three, and includes an exclusive downloadable case (which I didn't get to try, and you probably won't be able to play either until the PlayStation Store is back online).    

Thanks for this paragraph and a great review, Brad. Nice knowing I won't have to change my pre-order.
Posted by Jerome85

Definitely picking this up tomorrow.

Posted by megalowho

holy shit this sounds so good.

Posted by XTraFries

Great review, Brad. 

Pre-ordered this from Amazon a few days ago and I'm glad to see this review reflecting everything I had hoped it would be.

Posted by Enigma777
Just preordered it. Dammit Brad, you're making me spend too much money!
Posted by BBQBram

Come on, saturday!

Posted by metalsnakezero

Great, now my wallet will be empty for a while now. 

Edited by Zimbo

Nice review Brad. Sounds like LA Noire is everything I was hoping it would be. Stupid UK release date! Argh!

@TomeOne said:

Oh shut up. I bet you haven't even played either of the games. There is nothing controversial about any of this and so what if he mentioned Rockstar instead of Team Bondi? It's really not that big a deal. (I'm even betting Rockstar will be buying Team Bondi soon anyway)
Posted by dvorak
@Underachiever007: He's just a troll dude. Don't worry about it.
Posted by Yummylee

Marvelous <3 I just knew this game wouldn't disappoint and Brad's review is proving all the more that this'll potentially be one of my favourite games of the year. Surprised to hear that there's even a Black & White filter as well. Bloody genius.

Edited by louiedog

I won a copy, which is great, but I have no idea when it will show up. I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow, but it seems unlikely. I really want to play this.

@Metal_Mills said:

@TomeOne said:
I never said he couldn't. I merely implied it was kinda silly. It was challenging to take his opinion seriously before, he's making it increasingly more difficult.
What about your time with the Lego game made you think it wasn't worth 4 stars?
Posted by SuperSambo
@sofacitysweetheart: @sofacitysweetheart said:
@Metal_Mills said:
@TomeOne said:

Metacritic of the LEGO game is 73 which is about in line with the score Brad gave to it.

If you have not played the game then you cannot be a judge as to whether or not it is silly.
Posted by StandStrong

I'm so happy I could cry - can't wait to play it, it's been so long! To bad the european release date is on friday. It's gonna be a looong week.

Posted by Winternet

Wooo I wasn't expecting a review this early.

Posted by andrewf87462

Excellent review bad. I'm definitely looking forward to getting it. Gonna wait another week or so though as I still need to finish Dragon Age 2, damn you side quests!!
Posted by aproposshadows

GOTY 

Posted by TomeOne
@Zimbo said:
Nice review Brad. Sounds like LA Noire is everything I was hoping it would be. Stupid UK release date! Argh!
@TomeOne said:

Oh shut up. I bet you haven't even played either of those games. There is nothing controversial about any of this and so what if he mentioned Rockstar instead of Team Bondi? It's really not that big a deal. (I'm even betting Rockstar will be buying Team Bondi soon anyway)

@Zimbo: It immediately colours a person's opinion of the game since Rockstar = GTA/RDR therefore L.A. Noire must be an asshole simulator too, right?
Posted by bybeach

Thank You Brad, you did a good job of disillusioning anyone that this will be a GTA formula game, and I am all for it. I'm really looking forward to this. I know this isn't a match, but there is something about this that speaks the original MAFIA video game to me. Taking a period piece and creating a game around it that becomes more than just a shooter or a RPG, or even a car/racing game, but becomes something that is more than the proverbial sum of it's parts. This sounds like all that plus other elements multiplied by orders of more. And it sounds like a looong game.

So La Noire has a good feel to it. Going by the trailers and such and this review, I think I might find a game I can wrap myself around, especially since another favorite, actually the Extraction Point expansion to FEAR, has decided 2/3's of the way through to seize up and say no to the modern world.

Nice detail oriented and descriptive review, thanks again.

Posted by katanalauncher

Good, now I demand Witcher 2 review!!!

Posted by SpunkyHePanda
Posted by cruellordsoth

WELL playstaion 3 is going to be used to play gamers first time in a long time

Posted by LOZZAT

I was certain this was going to be awesome, and it's looking more and more like it really is. :D Will Rockstar please show off either Max Payne 3 or Agent (or both) now that this is nearly at release? Maybe, maybe not. A good first game for Team Bondi to have made as well!

Posted by StriderNo9

Great review, I'm going to buy the PS3 version. 

Posted by BonOrbitz

Thanks Brad for addressing the dreaded 360 vs PS3 comparison. Minor graphical differences aside, I'm glad that I changed my pre-order to PS3. I can't wait to play this!

Posted by StealthRaptor

Awsome, but how long is it?