443 Comments
Posted by natetodamax

So good to see this getting a great score. Probably won't be getting it anytime soon unfortunately but I must play this at some point.

Posted by blackno99

Man I was hoping this game would be great. Thanks to Brad's review I can rest easy tonight and look forward to picking up my PS3 copy tomorrow.

Posted by mulder00

Glad this is being delivered to me tomorrow.  Guess I won't have time for Witcher 2, I'll buy it some other time oh well.  Dirt 3 out next week, Deus Ex coming...sigh wish I was rich:D

Posted by Seppli

Can't wait to work vice. Putting away human traffickers and slavers and keeping safe the 'honest' whores, all the while getting some freebies for my discretion.

To serve and protect... the ladies of the night!

Posted by natetodamax

Also, how come no one ever mentions that this game was developed by Team Bondi, not Rockstar? I feel like they're getting the short end of the stick constantly.

Posted by SallyNasty

Great review - I am so pumped for this tomorrow. 

Posted by Sam3R

who cares about a rev :/ I want a quick look <_<

Posted by Mikewrestler5

Fantastic review, Brad.
If my Wal-Mart has it tomorrow, I'm planning on picking it up. If they don't, hell will ensue.

Posted by Elwood

Not once is Team Bondi mention (only in the details to the right) it's okay too mention Rockstar, as I am sure they had some hans on the help with the game, but not mention Team Bondi once, and make it appear like Rockstar is the solo developer of this game, that is just wrong, and 'm sure it's not intentionel done Brad.

Other than that great review 8-)

Posted by CashBailey

Excellent review, Brad. As usual.

I'm gonna play the shit out of this game when I get it

Posted by Th3_James

wait, this is out today?

Posted by nickux

Brad has got to be one of the most talented writers, in terms of crafting his words, on Giant Bomb. This review was just a god damn pleasure to read. Really well done!

Posted by RedSox8933

I'm pretty stoked.

Posted by Afroman269
@Th3_James: Tomorrow.
Edited by RoyCampbell

MY BODY IS READY

Posted by Ghosthead84

Ordered!
Posted by mars188

My copy will be here very soon cant wait love Rockstar
Posted by mrcraggle
@TheCheese33
I was being sarcastic to someone else who said it's not hard to get a 5/5 from Brad
Edited by Timdj84

I cannot wait for this!  Granted, I do pretty well but everyone loves deals right?Well as  for those strapped of cash, you should get games at KMart....Sign up for a FREE rewards card and they always give free points. I bought two games, bam 25,000 points, which is 25 dollar cred. Used it on another game and bam, what is this? Oh now you get game coupons too, so I got a $15 one from it..Then I used that, bought another game and got a $25 coupon...I have not payed full price for a new release in 3 months

Posted by Napalm
@natetodamax said:
Also, how come no one ever mentions that this game was developed by Team Bondi, not Rockstar? I feel like they're getting the short end of the stick constantly.
I won't go on a tirade, mainly because it's not necessary, so I'll just quote this dude.
Posted by ShaneDev

Must buy it on Friday but thats a long way away.

Edited by Hockeymask27

@Brad Is the installing like Forza 3 or do you got to swap even after install?

Posted by TheCheese33
@mrcraggle said:
@TheCheese33: I was being sarcastic to someone else who said it's not hard to get a 5/5 from Brad
I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Posted by dezvous
@Napalm said:
@natetodamax said:
I won't go on a tirade, mainly because it's not necessary, so I'll just quote this dude.
It's just like in movies where they will call it a Tim Burton movie when sometimes all he does is help fund them. It's stupid, It all comes down to money and marketing. It holds back new developers from making a name for themselves especially when they deserve it.
Posted by Enns

Great review, all my questions answered. Now I can pick the version I want finally.

Posted by beard_of_zeus

Very well-written review, Brad. I'm super-pumped to pick up a copy of this tomorrow!

Posted by golguin

Great review. Amazon should have the game for me tomorrow when I wake up

Posted by Sharpshooter

God damn you lucky American bastards, we have to wait till Friday here in Europe. 

Posted by Evilsbane

I...I..get to buy a game for my PS3? Whoa *dusts off Dualshock3* This is going to be fucking AWESOME!

And Brad, Amazing review man great read.

Posted by Ockman

I think I'll just keep playing Mortal Kombat and pass on this.

Posted by falling_fast

fucking sold

Posted by Evilsbane
@Curufinwe said:
Getting a 5/5 out of Brad is pretty damn easy.
Yea just about as easy as that insult was to write.
Posted by JohnPaulVann

Fuck this game. Read Raymond Chandler, Jim Thompson, James Ellroy. 

Posted by Shaanyboi

As someone who thinks Rockstar's writing, characters, and dialogue are all fucking atrocious, completely lacking in subtlety and so devoid of effective pacing, I still don't know if I should bother with this.

Yeah, you're playing as a cop, so maybe not EVERYONE you're doing jobs for will be a complete scumbag who is so obviously taking advantage of you and really deserves to take a six-shooter down their fucking throat (unlike Red Dead Redemption...  fuck that game).  But the sheer grind of getting through these games makes me question whether or not this is worth it, and I don't feel this review answered that question.

As it stands, this game just seems like more of Rockstar bullshitting, acting like they somehow know how to effectively present the "grey area".

Posted by Genkkaku

I know it's been stated but absolutely no mention of Team Bondi and multiple mentions of Rockstar (which are just producers).. no love for the Australian developer!? 

Posted by KuribosShoe
@JohnPaulVann said:
but this game is a tribute to those authors and noir in general

you should play it AND read those things
Posted by BaconGames

I would feel so much better about this review if Brad didn't completely dictate to this community that Mafia II wasn't a good game (which I felt it was) and I have a feeling this game's well deserved praise for the time period and type of game will be at the expense of a game I felt didn't deserve the hate it got here.  I was this close to calling Brad out for praising the structural style of this game but shitting over Mafia II's (an non-functional aesthetic open-world broken up by chapters).

This is just me ranting about Brad essentially setting up a game I rather enjoyed to get knocked down simply because he reviewed a bit too harshly and now a game similar to that but better will unfairly blow it out of the water.

Posted by billyhoush

PS3 it is! Thanks, Brad.

Posted by Lind_L_Taylor

"PS3 game is better than the Xbox version."  I've been
hearing this a lot lately. What the fuck happened, Mr. Softy?!

The game sounds interesting, but not for $60.  I think
I'll wait for a deep price drop before picking this up.
Especially since my "console of choice" has the
defective version of the game.

Posted by Roomrunner

I was hoping Brad would be the one to review this.  Looks great.  Already ordered the PS3 version over the weekend!

Posted by selfconfessedcynic

<3 Team Bondi. Good to see an Aussie dev do so well.

Great read, Brad. Hope you guys get a quick look up soon - but I'm pretty much certain I'm going to buy this now. Luckily single player games like this and Assassin's Creed have tided me through this whole PSN thing.
Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro
@Napalm said:
@natetodamax said:
QFT
Posted by demontium

BRADLY

Posted by Olivaw
@KuribosShoe said:
@JohnPaulVann said:
but this game is a tribute to those authors and noir in general

you should play it AND read those things
And really, if you're going to make people read noir, you'd be better off with just Chandler and Hammett.
Posted by HerbieBug

Oh god.  My nipples are rigid in anticipation.  <3

Posted by MisterMouse

It is kind of cool that is drastically different from other games on the market.

Posted by geoff_26

man o' man i want this game

Posted by HerbieBug
@pyromaster222 said:
It is kind of cool that is drastically different from other games on the market.
and kudos to R* for making it so.  I want to see more risks taken.  More new ideas brought to the table.  Stop iterating old franchises to death and beyond. 
Posted by Dizzyhippos

Thank god a new game not GTA 1940

Posted by Bubbly

Should be getting my copy tomorrow. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.