621 Comments
Posted by CptBedlam

@Marz said:

I never got the hype, when i first saw the puzzle gameplay i was disinterested right away. So what Jeff wrote pretty much confirms why I really don't want to play this game because the puzzle gameplay just doesn't seem great.

Same here. The block pushing gameplay looked flatout stupid and boring since they first showed it.

Edited by mutha3
@oysteinBrenne said:

WOW this review is fucking terrible sorry jeffs this is the worst review you have ever done 

Here go watch a better Review  

That review is fucking terrible. He's literally summarizing and giving us a story synopsis for 90% of it.

At least link to a positive review that isn't terrible:http://www.1up.com/reviews/catherine-review
Posted by PK_Koopa

Well written review, but I think I'll still be buying it (once it comes out in Europe >_>). I love everything I've seen about this game, (including the gameplay) but I'll definitely keep your complaints in mind. 

Thanks for the warning, Jeff.

Posted by Jackhole
@oysteinBrenne: I highly doubt that you've finished the game, so who are you to say what is a good review and what isn't. Also, IGN is terrible.
Posted by papercut

I really wanted to enjoy this game but poor story progression, writing, and gameplay made it really hard. I'm pretty much at the end of the game and I don't feel strongly about feeling about it.

Hearing that Jeff didn't care for the game on the podcast made me think he was crazy, but now that I've played it I get it.

Posted by Marz

I never got the hype, when i first saw the puzzle gameplay i was disinterested right away.   So what Jeff wrote pretty much confirms why I really don't want to play this game because the puzzle gameplay just doesn't seem great.

Posted by Sooty
@zameer said:

:( Was kinda expecting a 3 star review given what you said on the podcast. Guess I'll wait for this to go on sale then.

Interestingly, KVO gave an 8.5 for this game so I'm pretty sure it should appeal to some people.

The game's great and getting damn good scores everywhere else including user reviews.

I'll just ignore this review as I do most these days.
Posted by UberExplodey

No Chie = 3-star penalty.

Edited by CptBedlam

@oysteinBrenne: It's IGN ... you gotta be kidding me. Worst gaming site next to Destructoid. Crap like Ao2 40th Day gets a 8.5 from IGN ... their review scale is inflated beyond recognition.

Posted by mutha3

Honestly, after the podcast I was ready to dismiss your review, but a lot of the stuff you wrote is pretty valid and most importantly, well-articulated. This is actually one of your better reviews I have seen.

Disagree with a lot of points brought up, though!

Posted by BulletproofMonk
@Sticks said:

I was really hoping this would have turned out better.

I love comments like these. Keep 'em coming.
Posted by kollay

Could've added an extra star if Chie was there, huh.

Posted by Sticks

I was really hoping this would have turned out better.

Posted by benjaebe

Kinda disappointed with the score. It just doesn't sound like it was Jeff's kind of game, since I've been adoring the puzzle gameplay and it hasn't done anything to bore me or push me away. If anything I keep going back for more to get a higher score - and that's only on normal.

Posted by Cyrisaurus

Anime games are for jerks.

Posted by Random88

I got this yesterday and just finished it.  I really liked it.

Posted by RadixNegative2

Wow that's too bad.

Posted by EchoForge

Still interested in Persona team's next game, though.

Posted by raiz265

ouch

Posted by Random88

2 starts :(

Edited by zameer

:( Was kinda expecting a 3 star review given what you said on the podcast. Guess I'll wait for this to go on sale then.

Interestingly, KVO gave an 8.5 for this game so I'm pretty sure it should appeal to some people.