If I had the money, this would be an amazing buy. :(

Posted by killdave

Cool review, Im not sold though :(

Posted by Pie

Now onto the persona 4 review!
Ah, money...
Too many games coming out that cost less then a £100

Posted by PirateNipple

I tried the demo at Best Buy the other night and once I finally got my hands on it, everything clicked.

I read previews and watched videos and everything but to anyone who really wants to see what this is all about, try to get your hands on the demo.

Posted by Scooper

This game will remain inconprehensible nonsense to me forever as I'll probably never play it.

Posted by DanielJW

I'll wait until this drops in price. It mildly interests me, but definitely not enough to warrant a purchase this time of year.

Posted by gingertastic_10

I'm glad to see it get a good review. I'm sick of people talking about how gay it looks. Don't knock it til you try it.

Posted by AlexB
@CrazyCrazyDoctor said:
" If I had the money, this would be an amazing buy. :( "
Ya, looks like a lot of fun, but not a necessary purchase.
Posted by VisariLoyalist

Jeff Gerstmann giving DJ hero 4 stars, well here's what I got for you, Blat! Blat! Blat!

Posted by addictedtopinescent

I picked it up today, great game, and while I agree about the game being a littles light on features , I love the turntable, much more then the guitars and drums from GH and RB. 
Also I hope they release the soundtrack, I would totally buy it.

Posted by The_Philosopher

I'll be getting this for Christmas. It's seems like a really fun and new experience.

Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff

I will get it someday. It is just too expensive right now with everything else coming out.

Posted by Xeiphyer

GET COONCE IN THE BASEMENT FOR QUICKLOOK!?! =D

Posted by Double0hFor

fuck techno

Posted by vinsanity09

damn, I want this game but I don't want to spend 120$ on another plastic instrument...

Posted by RenegadeSaint

My interest in music games is at an all-time low right now so I'm going to have to pass until this bundle drops way down in price.  Also, I really don''t need any more plastic instruments in my house.

Posted by CitizenJP

This game was made to play on ecstasy apparently agagagagag. I am going to have to pass on this one though. I like guitars better. :P

Posted by Peacemaker

I'm loving the game.  It does have a very guitar hero 1 feeling of really solid grounding but some things aren't perfect.  It's weird not anticipating sequels in music games for the past couple of years and now I'm already wanting the second DJ hero.  I'll be fine with this one until then though.

Posted by guiseppe

I'd definately get this if it wasn't so expensive here.

Posted by quantumshift5

Boo, what a load of crap.
Posted by Romination

yay. more peripherals (nah, just kidding, i only have a single guitar and a light gun. awesome!)

Edited by Bigandtasty

Four stars sounds about right. I must resist the allure of more plastic junk for now though.

P.S. If Jazzy Jeff is jazzy, then what is Jeff Gerstmann?

Posted by Media_Master

Good to hear.

Posted by PolyesterPimp

I want this and considering how much space it wont take up compared to plastic guitars and drums this seems like it will be in my life very soon

Posted by HatKing

I'm pretty sure I'm going to swing by the local Best Buy at some point tomorrow and try this one out.  I have only just recently started getting into this style of music but artists like Justice and Daft Punk are really begining to appeal to me.  If I had money I'd buy this... but I can't even afford the games I've been anticipating let along the ones that just kind of came out of no where on me.
Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles

Might just have to pick this up.
Posted by Hampe

The game isn't released until the 30th here in Europe, so I haven't got my hands on it yet. But overall the reviews are saying good things about this.

Being a pretty decent Beatmania IIDX player, this game takes a different approach of my favorit genre of music games. Many of the mashups seems awesome. So I think it's going to be a lot of fun, but not necessarily the same type of game I'm used to play.

Great review anyway. It doesn't scare me away from playing this game. Looking forward to Friday!

Posted by TripMasterMunky

I'll wait until next year when DJ Hero 3 comes out, and this one will be really cheap.

Posted by afrokola
@CrazyCrazyDoctor said:
" If I had the money, this would be an amazing buy. :( "
Same for me man, this looks and sounds pretty fun.
Edited by Bigbombomb

Great review, I'll probably get DJ Hero when the price drops or when Christmas comes around.

Posted by SenatorSpacer

Waiting for price drop, I can't invest that much money into something

Posted by Kraznor

Really liking this game. And the controller really doesn't take up that much space. And the Renegade carrying case/table is AWESOME. Finally, my favoritest genre gets a music game. Hope it succeeds and they either make a sequel or start doing DLC.

Posted by ashogo
@Double0hFor said:
" fuck techno "
lol
Posted by ahoodedfigure

Other Uses for DJ Hero Controller:

Championship speed skating

Amateur figure skating in central park like in that movie...

Posted by jonnyboy

My interest spiked at the announcement of this, now I just can't wait to test my skills on the ones and ones.

Posted by Phished0ne
@Peacemaker:  I feel exactly the same way, I bought this game last night, played it till i was 1 setlist away from Daft Punk,  and thought before i went to bed, "oh shit...am i actually excited for the sequel to a game published by Activision?" 

This is possibly the best rhythm game i have ever played, besides GH1, GH2 , and Frequency/Amplitude. It Oozes so much style, and the music(even the songs involving  Rihanna or Gwen S.) is  amazing.  I agree about the turn table feeling a little to heavy on the platter-side but that is a small oversight.  I just like that i can flip the mixer over to the right side, but keep the buttons(on the turntable) on the left side, i think it feels to akward to have your hands so close together.
Posted by get2sammyb

Can't wait for my copy to arrive.

Posted by PhatSeeJay

So now I want to mix the Halo soundtrack with a little bit of Daft Punk! *flex*

Posted by F1

I'd love to play it now, but I have no money! Maybe if I sell all these plastic guitars I have, I can pony up enough cash.
Good review Jeff!

Posted by Shaunage

As a long time GH fan who's growing very bored very fast with guitar games, this is an absolute breath of fresh air. Really liking it so far.

Posted by Kohe321

Good review!

Posted by Linkyshinks

I cannot afford to be getting this just yet. having spent shit loads on the full Beatles RB set. I'll definitely be getting this later though, it's equally my thing as Beatles RB is. I have some awesome Technics, a great mixer and the works. I would love it for Christmas, but I will wait till the new year I reckon.

Posted by Afroman269

I would really like to get this but damn I spent way too much money in this damn music genre. Even if I were to buy this I know that next year they will have a new one with a better turntable which just leads to the bullshit slope of buying more plastic.

Posted by MasterSwanny

A quick look from the perspective of being able to see someone playing the game would be cool ;) Do it.

Posted by DrinkBourbon

Can this portion of the review : 

a rough equivalent to that dancehall air horn noise that all DJs use. All of them. Clearly, the air horn is the only correct choice

be made into a link to the July 7th Bombcast?
Posted by badlogik

Loved Beatmania.  Loved Guitar Hero.  Tired of filling my room with plastic toys.  I'll be skipping this one as I'm sure 90% of the gaming population will be as well.

Posted by InsanePotato

Wait, this isn't borderlands at all. Jeff did we give you permission to stop playing? ;)

Posted by morphinekiss

Got this yesterday and have been enjoying it. Although the difficulty ramps up a lot over the Medium - Hard gap, there's still a mix for everyone regardless of what music genre you like.

Posted by IronScimitar

I think a video review would be more appropriate for this game.

Posted by Lind_L_Taylor

Damn, only 4 stars?!  I better pass on this.  

When it gets down to $30 for the turntable + game, give me a call.  As it is, I'd rather just buy or use the real electronic music-making tools out there.  I already own FL Studio Producer Edition, the amount of time you can spend working on song production is endless. It's also complex.

• 53 results