132 Comments
  • 132 results
Posted by Nadafinga

I'm finding the campaign to be good fun so far...I'm only a few levels in, but it has a great opening level, and the subsequent levels have some cool epic explosions and hectic firefights.  There's a little bit too much "on-rails" stuff so far, but that's my only complaint, and its a small one.

Posted by Hashbrowns
@Metal_Mills said:
"Who the hell plays BF for the single player? I honestly might not even touch it."

I do, and since the campaign was the only reason I liked the first one, I won't be buying Bad Company 2.
Posted by Metal_Mills

Who the hell plays BF for the single player? I honestly might not even touch it.

Edited by kingando420

All my favourite games get 4 (Fallout 3, BF 1943, Borderlands) so I guess that must mean this is awesome?! A bit weird that MW2 got a 5 though when that also had a flawed single player campaign and a weaker multiplayer than BC2 (in my opinion) maybe spec-ops saved it? Personally not my cup of tea.

Posted by stealthdf2

Awesome, I cant wait to tear into this tonight when i get home!!!

Posted by MAN_FLANNEL
@Kamasama said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" I called it.  Great multiplayer + so-so single player - coop = 4 stars.   "
When was this? You said 5/5 in a comment on the MAG review. "
Wow, somebody has a good memory (I didn't even remember saying that at first).  Anyways, I voted 4 in a "what do you think Jeff will give it" thread after hearing the campaign wasn't too hot. That 5/5 comment came from me being surprised by Jeff giving MAG ( a game which he didn't seem to like all that much) a 4. 
Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro

First BC campaign was mediocre at best and the characterisation and dialogue was tired and unfunny. 

Luckily I don't play Battlefield games for their story arcs or "witty" jibes from it's characters during the campaign. Multiplayer all the way.

And Squad Rush is available to all non-Americans from day one.

Posted by Torben

Great review! 

What if it did not have a single player part but was just like MAG? How would it compare to that? I would love to see some thoughts on that subject.

Posted by biggest_loser

Thanks for the review Jeff!

Posted by Out_On_Bail

Good review. I mostly agree with all of it.

Posted by JoelTGM
@HatKing said:
" I was right!  4 stars was what I predicted Jeff would give this game!  I don't know if that means I know Jeff too well or I know video games too well. :/ "
It's because you know how reviews work.  With average singleplayer, you're not allowed to give it 5/5   :)
Posted by poundrock

Don't forget to set the audio to the WAR TAPES setting.  Makes a world of difference and really puts you into the action.  Awesome game.

Posted by Bollard

I loved the campaign of the first one so much for the characters. Looks like imma be doing a hella lot of standing around then to enjoy this one. Tis a shame. The end of the first one made me enjoy BFBC the way I did too.

Posted by rottendevice

Great review.  

I hope the Bad Company 2 multiplayer gets more attention than the first game's did.  It's so well balanced and fun.

Posted by KamasamaK
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" I called it.  Great multiplayer + so-so single player - coop = 4 stars.   "
When was this? You said 5/5 in a comment on the MAG review.
Posted by StrikeALight

Worth a purchase, then.

Posted by SuperSambo

Good review, I could never understand your views on the first game's single player... I would however prefer a more refined version of that, than what they seem to have produced.

But this is BF, im in it for the MP!

Posted by HatKing

I was right!  4 stars was what I predicted Jeff would give this game!  I don't know if that means I know Jeff too well or I know video games too well. :/
Posted by dbz1995
@EgoCheck616 said:
" There are going to be a hell of a lot of MW2 haters who are going to rip this review apart. "
Basically. The team of Jeff defenders, MW2 lovers and the 'stars mean nothing' duders will all unite and make a destructive force.
Posted by MAN_FLANNEL

I called it.  Great multiplayer + so-so single player - coop = 4 stars.  

Posted by Noitu

Damn, this is definitely a get for me, then

Posted by Ghostiet

I felt the single player portion of the first BC was very bland and served only as a tutorial for the multiplayer, so I am very surprised by Jeff's fond memories of it.

Posted by hinderk

Great review Jeff. Might pick this game up later if I get the chance.

Posted by Jeffsekai

le sigh

Posted by monster9999

Good review Jeff 4 makes good sense to me and ya stabbing dudes on uav's....awesome

Posted by Andheez

Yup

Posted by johnlennon

wtb this game

Posted by Kyreo

Nice review.  Usually I don't skip the single player of any shooter but this review totally validates my decision of skipping the campaign.

Posted by EgoCheck616

There are going to be a hell of a lot of MW2 haters who are going to rip this review apart.

Posted by Bobdaman18

I expect 5 as well...still, good review.

Posted by Jadeskye
@Venatio: 4 makes sense.
Edited by Venatio

Hmm, 4 stars? Expected 5