145 Comments
  • 145 results
Posted by Ford_Prefect

Just started playing this, holy s it is awesome! Well worth the $, a must play.

Edited by Bionicicide

Never finished it since the game repsawned enemies in the exact same routine when backtracking and hated how the "hit in background" was dynamic and not user controlled - I would of liked a button to tell this Nathan Drake ripoff (lazy devs) when to shoot the background (ideally with the left trigger).

Overall, don't get how someone could say this could've been a standard MSRP retail release.

Posted by Media_Master

I wonder when the PSN version will come out?

Posted by Mezmero

I finally downloaded this game the other night........then my 360 red ringed.
Posted by Kohe321

Playing through it now, and I completely agree with the review!

Posted by momentarylogic

dood, the lunchadeer (sp) is AWESOME omfg. saw that in the 2nd time around, is that really in the game?!?!? wow

Posted by DylanMMc

I thought you got to keep your weapons/ suit on a second playthrough, you dont, damn.

Posted by sublime90

Luchadeer!!! i love this game, its a very surreal moment when you get the scuba gear and have to backtrack in the big underwater section, the music is perfect and its really mellow just swimming around all the dead bodies and debris.

Posted by Lind_L_Taylor

Good video review. Thanks.  I think I'm sold on this game already.

Posted by AHomelessHomie

Looks amazing, unfortunately i already have other games on the XBLA i plan to buy but this is on my list
Posted by bshirk

Nice video review.  What an excellent way to top off the Summer of Arcade.

Posted by MEBs

Great review.  And also...LUCHA DEER!

-Evan

Posted by Royale

ROFL at the Luchadeer. 

... and great review.  getting it.

Posted by Davin

So does this mean that Luchadeer can be added as an object at this point? Heheh :D

Edited by beanZfury

How did Lucha Deer get in there? Was he the mastermind behind the whole thing? As DLC, they should make Lucha Deer a final boss.

Posted by mordukai

I love the way he says "Bright Blue Line"

Posted by thewonderwaffle

lucha deer!

Posted by HawkSE

Nice. I like the Luchadeer's prescence

Posted by Three0neFive

Oh man this game is fucking sweet. So glad I haven't sold my 360... yet.

If this comes to Steam I'll have to buy it a second time.

Posted by AlexB

Oh My God I want it soooo bad. Too bad my 360 red ringed, again, and Microsoft just flat out sucks with its 54% failure rate.

Posted by JoelTGM

LOL

Posted by Coldbrand

I have a foam gun.

Posted by VilhelmNielsen

Great, wanted to try this, then m 360 red rings while donwloading the trail... Fuck you Microsoft.

Not even sure wether the warranty is still in effect.

Posted by Vanek

Bleh, I've been awake all night and reading up on this game made me really want it.  I have some spare points left anyway and I'll be damned if I'm gonna waste them on something like avatar clothes.

Posted by crukid
@bahimiron: word.  The man can write and I love love love Ender's Game...but yeah.  I hear you.
Posted by supermike6

@Arjuna 

I think they usually put them up around 1am.

Posted by Arjuna

Does anyone know if I'll be able to dwnld this game tonight?  It's release date is on the "19th".  So will I technically be able to dwnld it shortly after the clock strikes midnight?

Posted by bahimiron

Awesome game that is a tie-in to a right-wing screed written by a crazed homophobic Mormon.

Hm.

I'll have to really think about whether or not a great gaming experience is worth selling a little piece of my soul by supporting a man who has called gay marriage a 'potentially devastating social experiment'.

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

Great review, but I still want to save my MS points for ballad of gay tony.
Posted by cb1115
@mnzy: No because you have to aim with the right analog stick and move with the left.
Posted by blackhole82

I've already wanted to download this for about a week now.

Posted by MartinG

Great review. This might actually convince me to buy the game.

Posted by D

I can't wait for tuesday @ 3:00 in the morning for this badass lookin game.

Posted by BeardedFerret
@Ugalde said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @Ugalde said:
" A five for that short of a game? Wow is this because the developer stopped by. "
The best games are not the ones that last the longest, but the ones you want to keep playing over and over again. "
I'm not trying to say it's a bad game. I'm just saying Brad said you he completed the whole game(including finding items) in 8 hours. I'm pretty sure other single player only games would at least lose some points for the game being that short. "
I wasn't aware that 8 hours is supposed to be short. I finished Twilight Princess and Halo 2 quicker than that. Portal is shorter than that and has gotten rave reviews. Besides, one of the major points in the review is the game's re-playability.
Posted by vaderbreath

Great review can't wait for this game to be released, seems almost like a full-fledged game... almost.

Posted by tactis

could definitely be a contender for GOTY with ign and teamxbox giving it 9.4s thats pretty amazing

Posted by ghostNPC

Awesome review Jeff! May you never run out of steam!

Edited by President_Evil
@Ugalde: true, but this is a $15 digital download, as opposed to a full-price $60 retail release.

Great review Jeff, there NEEDS to be more games like this.  I'm sick of grimdark FPS's staring homoerotic space marines.
Posted by Ugalde
@Willy105 said:
" @Ugalde said:
" A five for that short of a game? Wow is this because the developer stopped by. "
The best games are not the ones that last the longest, but the ones you want to keep playing over and over again. "

I'm not trying to say it's a bad game. I'm just saying Brad said you he completed the whole game(including finding items) in 8 hours. I'm pretty sure other single player only games would at least lose some points for the game being that short.
Edited by eschatonik

Will be getting this on one day one for sure.  Can't wait.

Posted by mattysen

Been waiting for a modern Super Metriod since, err when it first came out. Man this is gonna kick soo much ass cant wait

Posted by copycatzen
@John1912 said:
"i want a video review!!! NOW!!! "

I agree,, ........no wait I dont care.... I dont have an X360... fuck!
Posted by V_Ben

awesome review, looking forward to this game!

Posted by calidan777

Nice review Jeff,I can't freaking wait until Wednesday to play this.

Posted by Fleafa

Consider it bought. Now I'm going to wait for the sequel featuring co-op, Probotector-style. ^_^

Posted by Coleslaw893

AWESOME. Can't wait to play this.

Posted by John1912

i want a video review!!! NOW!!!

Posted by Nate

Read the first couple paragraphs of this review, but then decided that I'm going to have to buy this and I kind of want to go into it knowing as little as possible. SO, I'm sure Jeff wrote an amazing review, which I will go ahead and read after I've played it. Two more days!

Posted by Metiphis

Certainly buying this.

• 145 results