1094 Comments
Posted by MooseyMcMan

More than anything else, this review reminds me how much I hate the term "character action game," but that's just me.

If there weren't so many other "character action games" coming put this year that I cared more about (Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE, God of War: Ascension, Bayonetta 2 (?)), I might pick this up.

Posted by Milkman

But...but...but...his hair. HIS HAIR!

Posted by algertman

Anarchy Reigns is a better game.

Posted by RecSpec

So...this game is worth playing even though the only DMC game I liked was 3? Damn, I was hoping I could just ignore this, I guess not.

Posted by habster3

I certainly didn't expect this to get a five... well, looks like I'll have a new game to look forward to in the future!

Posted by Video_Game_King
Posted by ArtisanBreads

@RecSpec said:

So...this game is worth playing even though the only DMC game I liked was 3? Damn, I was hoping I could just ignore this, I guess not.

Sure why not? I liked 1 well enough but I'm with you on 3. Didn't like 4.

Posted by Haziqonfire

I'm tempted to try this out now! I played the demo and I kinda liked it and kinda didn't. Hope you guys will talk about it more on the upcoming Bomb Cast.

DmC, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Bayonetta 2 all in 2013 seems kind of crazy!

Posted by sebmal

well this is depressing

Posted by Phatmac

Sweet! After the hot garbage that was DMC4 I had lost all hope with the franchise. Looks like this game will bring me back!

Posted by edoone

5 Stars???! really! this is blow my mind.....

Posted by Oldirtybearon

bravo you magnificent bastard.

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

Now I get to look forward to the incoming "this game is shit" threads.

Posted by JZ

Wow didn't even think brad like these kind of games.

Posted by Sooty

I can't trust Brad reviews after the love Far Cry 2 and Rage got.

Posted by Stimpack

I really wasn't expecting that. Interesting!

Edited by algertman

@Haziqonfire said:

I'm tempted to try this out now! I played the demo and I kinda liked it and kinda didn't. Hope you guys will talk about it more on the upcoming Bomb Cast.

DmC, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Bayonetta 2 all in 2013 seems kind of crazy!

$5 says Bayo2 is the best game of the three and will have the lowest score among reviewers.

Posted by EuanDewar

fuck YESSSSSS

Posted by bkbroiler

So you've got Enslaved quality acting and character animations, etc? I'm in!

Posted by ImmortalSaiyan

@Sooty said:

Brad does not have to have the exact taste as you. Why would his taste in those games matter here?

Posted by Milkman

@Colourful_Hippie said:

To be fair, "this game is shit" threads were around for this game since the day it was announced.

Edited by SunnyD
Posted by zombie2011

I have no idea what is going on in the comments for this review.

Why are people mad this game that the game reviewed well?

Posted by NTM

While this has nothing to do with the game, I wanted to say since Brad mentioned how great motion capture can be, I hope the next Final Fantasy uses it like this game does.

Posted by WMWA

Brad Shoemaker is Giant Bomb's anime expert

But seriously, I might buy this now. Sounds really special

Posted by Sackmanjones

Wow. These comments are embarrassing. People are ridiculous.

Posted by DonutFever

First review of 2013 is a 5 Star? Surprise.

Posted by bunkerbuster05

I was praying this was gonna be good, woo!

Posted by BeachThunder

Alright, alright, I'll add it to my Steam wishlist...

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

suck it haters

Posted by algertman

@Milkman said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

To be fair, "this game is shit" threads were around for this game since the day it was announced.

Because those are horrible games.

Posted by csl316

Hell yes.  HELL YES!!

Posted by Beforet

First five star of the year! This seems pretty good, I'll be sure to check it out after I clean out my backlog some.

Posted by sissylion

@zombie2011 said:

Because they changed a stupid fucking character design into a different stupid fucking character design.

Posted by WMWA
@ZeroV2

This game is a disgrace to the Devil May Cry series

The awesomely complex and intricate combat systems from the other DMC games (barring 2) was thrown out of the window in favor of a casualized and totally simplistic brain dead turd. Not only that but it's obvious that Dante is essentially Tameem masturbating via video games

I wish someone with an actual interest in the DMC series could have reviewed this and given it a score that reflects the obvious steps back in quality that this series has suffered.

"Have someone who loves the old games review this so they can hate it or be indifferent to it." Quit being so self-centered. There are other people out there who may actually like this game for what it is, not what it isn't, or what you expected it to be anyway. And this review is indicative of that.
Posted by Ratfoot

Who let Brad do this after leaving the series after 2, he missed out on the two most important entries in the series.

Edited by Colourful_Hippie

@Milkman said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

I'm talking about after the slew of reviews hit. The forums are just going to be fun to look at this week.

Posted by pbhawks45

@zombie2011 said:

Because change is bad. We hate how games always stay the same, and become bland/generic, then flip even more shit when they try to do something different. People get so angry because they have nothing else to live for besides their happy memories of the past.

Posted by Neurotic

Wow, was not expecting this. Still won't play it. I liked the first DMC just fine but that was it. Every cutscene I've seen seems to make Dante look like a MASSIVE prick as well.

Posted by Zacagawea

Fuck, was hoping I could ignore this game. Will try out the demo now, at least.

Posted by PollySMPS

@zombie2011: Because "WAAAHHHHHHHHH IT'S NOT THE THING I WANTED AND LIKED FIRST :'( :'( :'(" in a nutshell.

Posted by dyong

I'm not sure I can trust this 5 star review after Syndicate... Just kidding. I'm glad there is one review that doesn't base over 50% of its score on the new Dante look.

Edited by ArtisanBreads

@pbhawks45 said:

@zombie2011 said:

Because change is bad. We hate how games always stay the same, and become bland/generic, then flip even more shit when they try to do something different. People get so angry because they have nothing else to live for besides their happy memories of the past.

So fucking true.

I can't take people's hypocrisy. It's just so blatant. It's as if they can't play DMC 4 if they love that game so much again.

Just enjoying all the salt this review will generate. Basking in it.

Posted by Ghost_Cat

Goddamnit, Brad. GODDAMNIT.

Posted by KittyVonDoom

Overly sensational review much? The review reads like he's never played video games before. The context changes every other sentence. Are all Brad reviews like this? Well, at least a person enjoyed it, that's good to know I guess.

Edited by Sooty

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Sooty said:

Brad does not have to have the exact taste as you. Why would his taste in those games matter here?

There are games I know many people like and for decent reasoning, but I simply don't like them. Far Cry 2 and Rage however are both dull and just shitty to play, I can't understand how they get any real praise.

yo malaria

Edited by ArtisanBreads

@Sooty said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Sooty said:

There are games I know many people like and for decent reasoning, but I simply don't like them. Far Cry 2 and Rage however are both dull and just shitty to play, I can't understand how they get any real praise.

Because people like them. I don't like either one but who gives a fuck. Not going to agree on everything.

@KittyVonDoom said:

Overly sensational review much? The review reads like he's never played video games before. The context changes every other sentence. Are all Brad reviews like this? Well, at least a person enjoyed it, that's good to know I guess.

Yes Brad reviews all games as if he has never played one before. Nailed it.

But hey he's the only person who likes it. Right.

Posted by Animasta

@Milkman said:

@EnduranceFun said:

What a fucking joke. It seems like Brad's reviews are five stars more than anything else, but this game is an insult and bastardisation of a previously awesome series. Fuck off Brad, never trusting your shitty reviews ever again.

u mad or something?

so much salt right now.

I have decided that instead of getting disappointed in the community I will just bathe in it

Posted by Legion_

This has always weirded me out about Giant Bomb. So far, I've read like to two negative comments, and maybe 30 positive. Still, a lot of people are typing the good ol' "people are going to go crazy" kind of sentences. The thing is guys, that's not what Giant Bomb is about. Maybe that would happen at GT, but I think the general users of Giant Bomb are smarter than that. So far, this comment section is proving me right. Also, cool game.

Posted by Animasta

@Legion_ said:

This has always weirded me out about Giant Bomb. So far, I've read like to two negative comments, and maybe 30 positive. Still, a lot of people are typing the good ol' "people are going to go crazy" kind of sentences. The thing is guys, that's not what Giant Bomb is about. Maybe that would happen at GT, but I think the general users of Giant Bomb are smarter than that. So far, this comment section is proving me right. Also, cool game.

there are a lot more than 2 negative comments hahaha