194 Comments
  • 194 results
Posted by DeanoXD

why isn't uncharted out tomorrow instead of BF3, i will be getting both but i want to play UC 3 so much more.

Good review Brad but in my case you could have wrote one short sentence "Play this game" and i would have been happy

Posted by phrosnite

Batman: AC will probably be GotY unless Skyrim is amazing too. Uncharted got 4/5 on G4. lol

Posted by AngelN7

If I get the chance to buy a PS3 this holiday this game will be probably the first one I get *covers Mass Effect 2 ears*.

Posted by PLWolf

One more week!!

Edited by Scodiac

I cannot wait to play this. I'm a little jealous of Mr. Shoemaker at the moment. Like everyone else, I expected it to be great and this just confirms it. More Uncharted sounds great to me. It was damn near perfect anyway.

I can understand what Brad means that if you don't nail the scripted action sequences perfectly they can fall apart. If you end up repeating one over and over it can take the awesome out of it but I still really enjoy having control during what in most games would be a cut-scene. The most amazing sequences happen in games and you rarely have control in them but in Uncharted 3 you're right there, you fire the shot, you make the jump, or whatever it is and you feel fucking amazing. It's cool to see the the reviewer agrees with me on this.

Oh it's gonna be such a goddamn treat! The worse thing is I bought it online to get a deal and I doubt I'll get it on launch day. It's going to be torture. The campaign is gonna wreck me and then my buddy and I will probably play the co-op a billion times. Fuckin' Uncharted 3!

Posted by shotgunsullivan

wish this was out this week, good review.

Posted by louiedog

Outside of 5 minutes with the first game at a demo unit in the Sony Store at the Metreon, the worst place in the world to play video games, I've never played any Uncharted. I just got a PS3 two days ago. I think I need to get this and the Uncharted Double Pack. I hope both it and this get some good sales this holiday season.

Posted by bybeach

This one of the big remaining year games I am looking for. I simply enjoy the Uncharted series, not much more to be said. So I am very much anticipating this game in a week. Great review, especially since it is what I wanted to hear!

Posted by Solh0und

Wow review already?

Posted by StriderNo9

Thanks for the honest review Brad. With a 8-10 hour main story I can totally get this on the 1st and beat it before Skyrim takes over my life.

Posted by eternaLightness

Congrats to ND! Much deserved!!

Posted by SuperJoe

The only thing I want out of Uncharted is better boss fights.  Train boss and Tree Sap boss were annoying because they soaked up too much damage.  Train boss wasn't even wearing a shirt.

Posted by Evan_Buchholz

Lot of high praise for this game so far but I'm trying to keep my expectations low since I went into Uncharted 2 waaay over-hyped. Not that the game was average I just got tired of the actual gameplay in the game by the end of it. Which they never seemed to find a way to make it fresh. With each mission it felt like you had to follow a path of climb this thing, run away from that, shoot dudes, climb again, cutscene, repeat... I would like to see if they find a way to make the climbing and shooting aspects more interesting throughout rather then relying on scripted events.

Not that scripted events are not good! But I would also like to have fun playing the game as well as having fun seeing the awesome scenes!

Posted by TBird13

Uncharted 3, Gears 3, Batman: AC, and Skyrim are going to make me poor.

Posted by sixpin

GOTY podcast deliberations should be a real treat this year. November is jam packed with great games. I'm still collecting Riddler trophies. Finishing Batman: AC just before Uncharted 3 releases and then Skyrim a week later... I need more time in my day!

Posted by morrelloman

This is one of the many reasons I love Monday's. Great review. Can't wait.

Posted by Wuddel

@tactis said:

@Marz said:

get the feeling GOTY deliberations will be tough this year :)

The 2009 showdown of Uncharted vs Batman will continue in 2011!!!

Oh, yeah! But this year Portal 2 and Dead Space 2 will also enter the fray. Maybe even Skyrim.

Posted by Brake

I hope there aren't any blue guys this time around.

I need to finish Batman before this comes out and squeeze some Dark Souls in there somewhere as well. I'm kinda glad I won't have the PC for Battlefield or Skyrim until December. Too many games! Eff you industry!

Posted by 617_jbug

I honestly want to play Uncharted 3 just because of the story, I'm not a big fan of the gameplay and I hope they at least fixed the final boss fight.

Posted by Enigma777

Yup, it's a day one for me. Uncharted is the greatest franchise of this generation. 

Posted by razgriz417

Only issue I have with the review is the last sentence. We CAN'T play it today BRAD!. Thanks for rubbing it in :P

Posted by PenguinDust

More of the same goodness. I'm down for that.

Posted by PrioritySeven

@Wuddel said:

@tactis said:

@Marz said:

Oh, yeah! But this year Portal 2 and Dead Space 2 will also enter the fray. Maybe even Skyrim.

Sprinkle in some BF3, MW3 and a touch of Assassin's Creed and we've got one hell of a GOTY dilemma.

GAMES!!!!!!

Posted by Branthog

I call bullshit. I said this was going to get a 4/5 here and it would be because, while amazing, it's more or less doing what they did the first two times. Brad just gave this 5/5 to spite me and prove me wrong! Shenanigans!

Also, eight more days. This will come just long enough after BF3 that I'll welcome the break.

Posted by Ronald

I am shocked, SHOCKED to read that this game is great. One thing, the multiplayer is also similar to Gears in that everyone are bullet sponges, even more so than in Gears. Unless you are teamed up with someone shooting an enemy, chances are you'll run out of ammo and die as his partner helps him kill you.

Posted by Rowr

I would of like to know about the quality of the 3D

Posted by NekuCTR

"That's a question only time will answer, but today, right now,[currently, at this moment in time, immediately, without delay, and bearing no hesitation] you should spend some time playing Uncharted 3." Why must you tease us so Brad?

Posted by Stubee

Will get this when its cheaper, too many longer awesome games coming out. I have Skyrim, Arkham aslyum and the witcher 2 arriving in the same week. i may not survive

Posted by simian
Posted by prestonhedges

Sounds like a solid rental.

Posted by Crixaliz

@Rowr said:

I would of like to know about the quality of the 3D

Same here

Posted by dvorak

@PrioritySeven said:

@Wuddel said:

@tactis said:

@Marz said:

Sprinkle in some BF3, MW3 and a touch of Assassin's Creed and we've got one hell of a GOTY dilemma.

GAMES!!!!!!

I'm super excited to play BF3, but something tells me it's not going to be part of the GOTY discussion. Or it will be knocked off the list, right at the top.

Posted by Hizang

I'm not shocked by this score.

Posted by poveren

Surprised there's no mention of 3D gameplay or framerate.

Posted by fots

Nice review Brad. No big surprises. Playing 2 again just before i will play 3.

Posted by ArclightBorealis

I am ready for this game.

Posted by probablytuna

Expected nothing less from Naughty Dog.

Posted by FoxMulder

This and Batman are the only two games I'll be getting this year...the only two I'm really interested in. I hope they can last me a while!

Posted by Sander

Brad's reviews are my favourite.

Posted by Ares42

@bhhawks78 said:

All I really want to know is if there is that zombies/blue people moment that takes a gigantic poop on the story.

I'm 99,9% sure there will be. If you have yet to accept that Uncharted isn't 100% real then I dunno what to say. I'm gonna guess we're either gonna see mummies, some sort of sand creatures or some old Arabian order (like in The Last Crusade).

Posted by Yanngc33

YAY! Can't wait

Posted by Wuddel

@PrioritySeven: I kinda doubt that BF3/MW3 will even get five stars. MW3 is too much the same old stuff. It almost feels like a sports series. And BF3 is more about technical then gameplay innovation. Its the core BF2 concepts put on a new engine and some Bad Company sprinkled in. I also very much doubt that DICE can deliver a 5-star single player, which will hit the "average score". I will still play the heck out of it. AC: Revelations may also get hit by "same old", however we said this about Brootherhood as well.

Anyway. What I am saying is that Portal 2 and Dead Space 2 are 2011 games, which already got 5 stars on GB. Also I forgot "L.A. Noire". For me easily the technical most impressive game of this year.

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

Pretty much as expected. I can't see this not being my game of the year, as I was in love with the last one

Posted by Sackmanjones

Battlefield this week, Uncharted next week and Skyrim after.... you gotta be kiddin me

Posted by Mr_Spinnington

@Hamz said:

Great review, now to juggle the finances and find free time to sit down and play it! :)

it's like i already posted. unfortunately i'll get to watch Uncharted 3 sit on my desk until i somehow manage to find an hour a day to play it

Posted by travisg83

No surprises.. Will be a sure fire contender for GOTY :-)

Edited by Brackynews

@poveren said:

Surprised there's no mention of 3D gameplay or framerate.

Ditto. A Brad review without a mention of framerate (never mind "Solid 60"... *drinks*) is a very odd Brad review indeed. As for 3D, I'm fairly sure Jeff is the only one who owns a 3D TV, and unless he brought it into the office... I have never even heard the bombcast discuss it? Killzone 3 was the last time I remember any 3D debate.

Anyway the previews elsewhere said that the 3D effects during the chateau fire were great, and designed with 3D in mind. Looking forward to reading opinions on it.

@travisg83 said:

No surprises.. Will be a sure fire contender for GOTY :-)

"Un..Char..TED Game..of..the..YEER."

Posted by Vitor

@tactis said:

@Marz said:

I was certain of that until I heard all the talk on the bombcast about Batman being more of the same, and then seeing this feeling reiterated here. Sure, more of the same when it comes to the two best games of 2009 is no bad thing but, I wonder if they'll be looking for something a little more novel when it comes down to it.

Yet to play either of the above, and I know I'll likely adore them when I do, but thinking back to the likes of The Witcher 2 and Portal 2 and even LA Noire to some extent (it's myriad of issues aside), it's gonna be one hell of a year for games. I'd even go as far as to say it's one of the best ever.

Posted by Cyrisaurus

I FUCKING TOLD YOU ITS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME.

Posted by ThePickle

VIDEO GAMES.

I want to play this so bad.

• 194 results