75 Comments
  • 75 results
Posted by Jackel2072

im going to have to disagree with Brad on this one. where this game is by no means perfect. i had been enjoying its somber atmosphere, and its ideas. i think with a sequel the devs could really hammer out some of the issues the game has. 

but never the less, Thank You Brad for your review.   

Posted by TehJedicake

Poop.. =(

Posted by CraigAA1028

I Am Alive is definitely clunky in just about every aspect, but I ended up enjoying my overall time with it.

Posted by TheShrubber

I'm looking forward to I Am Alive 2, this time set in Italy and delivering all the promise that I Am Alive 1 had.

Posted by vinsanityv22

You should play Disaster Report or Raw Danger, Brad. Those games are kinda awesome in a lot of ways this one wasn't. Just expect some low-budget Japanese jankiness....but this is Giantbomb, who played through Deadly Premonition TWICE. You'll be fine!

Posted by steelknight2000

YO WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER A PETITION TO CHANGE THE ENDING!

Posted by Undeadpool

@Klei said:

@Ruggington:

It doesn't change what I've brought up. Brad fucks up over and over and gets irritated at anything that poses him trouble. It's been like that since... huh, forever. Saying I Am Alive is shit is a lot easier, since it got mitigated reviews. Saying Super Meat Boy is shit takes a lot more balls, since it's a critically acclaimed titled. What I'm saying is, in the industry of video game reviews, you have to, sometimes, follow the flow more or less if you don't want to burst your credibility.

Oh and by the way, I think Super Meat Boy to be amazing, same with I Am Alive. You do know how Giantbomb hates Dark Souls? Hence why there's nothing on this site about it? Same thing. They preferred NOT to review it instead of slapping it with a 2 out of 5.

So your argument is that he gave a good review to Super Meat Boy and Trials HD is...because he was afraid of what would happen if he didn't?? Yeah, because giving a bad review to a critically acclaimed game wouldn't gin up way more siteviews and comments. Busting his credibility?? For reviewing a game unfavorably? What about people like Armond White or (at times) Jim Sterling? You can make a GREAT career out of ridiculing things that are ultra-popular and ultra-beloved.

Posted by avidwriter

I'm 100% with you on this review. After watching that quick-look I know exactly how you feel.

Posted by aceofspudz

@steelknight2000 said:

YO WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER A PETITION TO CHANGE THE ENDING!

"Then the game culminates in one of the hastiest, most ramshackle endings I've seen in ages, resolving almost nothing and leaving at least one all but three major characters pretty much totally unaccounted for and ruining the setting for future games."

Posted by Kingfalcon

@Undeadpool said:

@Klei said:

@Ruggington:

It doesn't change what I've brought up. Brad fucks up over and over and gets irritated at anything that poses him trouble. It's been like that since... huh, forever. Saying I Am Alive is shit is a lot easier, since it got mitigated reviews. Saying Super Meat Boy is shit takes a lot more balls, since it's a critically acclaimed titled. What I'm saying is, in the industry of video game reviews, you have to, sometimes, follow the flow more or less if you don't want to burst your credibility.

Oh and by the way, I think Super Meat Boy to be amazing, same with I Am Alive. You do know how Giantbomb hates Dark Souls? Hence why there's nothing on this site about it? Same thing. They preferred NOT to review it instead of slapping it with a 2 out of 5.

So your argument is that he gave a good review to Super Meat Boy and Trials HD is...because he was afraid of what would happen if he didn't?? Yeah, because giving a bad review to a critically acclaimed game wouldn't gin up way more siteviews and comments. Busting his credibility?? For reviewing a game unfavorably? What about people like Armond White or (at times) Jim Sterling? You can make a GREAT career out of ridiculing things that are ultra-popular and ultra-beloved.

Don't feed the troll...

Posted by foggel

What? I loved it.

Posted by honkyjesus

I played this trial last night? What was that?

I forgot that this was a Jade Raymond project, and it shows. The pointing a gun at people until they fall into a canyon, the silly stamina stuff, not to mention I am tired of playing cancelled games that end up on Arcade for fifteen bucks. Have some humility and just make it ten, it seems so petty.

Posted by Xpgamer7

It's cool but broken. They more had great ideas but when thinking about implementation did it so game like it ruined it. Developmentally I was already worried as it was downloadable.

Posted by Legxend

I really enjoyed the game, sure it has flaws but they can be easily over looked.

Posted by Klei

@Undeadpool

You've got to understand that not everyone can write troll reviews and have credibility. You say that like if it was common, but in reality, it's one in a hundred. Do you think Sterling gets sympathy from people when he bitch-slap a game? No, he doesn't. And for the other dude who calls me a troll, well, whatever bro.

Posted by BonOrbitz

Judging from the Quick Look, the score is dead on. What a disappointment.

Posted by Eyz

Called it!

Since they announced the project was being moved from an AAA-title similar to Assassin's Creed, multi console and on disc/retail stores to digital only.

Dayum... I wish'd it had turned better than that... I liked the concept/premise...

Posted by SirDancelot

@TheShrubber: Just be prepared for tower defense in I Am Alive Revelations.

Also your comment made me lol.

Posted by jozzy

@UKSamwise said:

From what I played of the trial I really liked the opening to the game. It really immersed me into the world and set the atmosphere. It's a shame to see so that it doesn't execute well with it's game mechanics :(

If you liked the trial I bet you will really enjoy the rest of the game. Remember this is only one opinion, this game got some really positive reviews too.

Posted by UnsolvedParadox

I was so excited when the first trailer came out, the reviews skew so differently for this game...think I'll wait and see before potentially picking it up.

Posted by Phatmac

Yeah pretty much what I expected.

Posted by SCHULTZ

Spot on review.

Had really high hopes starting out. By the time I was making my way back to the Mall after the skyscraper section, my patience had worn out.

It won't happen, but I'd like to see the developer patch this game to allow infinite retries in the level, or get rid of the diminishing permanent stamina mechanic.

Posted by Rekt_Hed

Really wish this title could of had a solid backing from its inception but this is what you get when a title changes hands to many times :/
Such a shame

Posted by jd18b

That's too bad....was looking forward to this one. I might pick it up if they ever have it on sale.