132 Comments
  • 132 results
Edited by notdavid

5 stars? Nifty. I've been hoping this would be good. Everything that I've seen reminds me of my favorite part of Shadow of the Colossus. The feeling of being a tiny dude in a giant world.

Posted by DelroyLindo

looks awesome

Posted by RenMcKormack

Journey 2 with the rock sucks

Posted by KamasamaK

Can't wait to play this.

Posted by Krummey

Skipped to the last paragraph. I really don't want to know anything about this game until I play it tonight with my wife.

Posted by abdo

Gotta get it

Posted by Anwar

Still psplus exclusive, why don't you want my money goddamnit? I think I can buy it tomorrow.

Posted by FreakAche

How many machine guns are in this game?

Posted by JacDG

Completely agree with Alex for once, this game is incredible, have to play through it again sooner or later, best gaming experience of this generation (not saying best game), to me at least.

Posted by OmegaPirate

God DAMMIT come on EU store update!

Posted by Tennmuerti

This makes me sad that consoles are still lagging behind when it comes to digital distribution.
PSN won't process my card properly, even tho all digital distribution services on the PC like Steam, Origin, D2D do so just fine.
Hell i had to create a new account just to get connected to PSN store, because apperently for the country i'm currently in there is no PSN strore, even tho the PSN itself is working and i can play online. What a mess.
I want to play this godamit ><

Posted by SomeJerk

Please note that if you are the kind of person who thinks a game is over when you've finished it, you are not going to like this game.

Posted by Dtat

Very good review. Well done Alex.

Edited by dvorak

I thought Flower was totally stupid and flOw isn't even really a game, but Journey is probably one of the most enjoyable moments I've ever had with a game. I'm not a guy who gives a shit about the whole Games Are Art rhetoric, but if you are, here's the A1 Example of how they can be.

This really is without hyperbole one of the most genius implementations of game design ever. Without even mentioning how the music and sound is combined into the game play. It truly was a near transcendental experience, to borrow from Alex.

Posted by MisterMouse

Man I have been waiting to see how this game was going to be received.

Edited by bricewgilbert

Could easily be one of my favorite games ever. Right after completing it I certainly felt that way.

Posted by Milkman

So excited that this is finally out for us common folk. As a Flower lover and defender, I can not wait to play it.

Posted by weegieanawrench

Superlatives notwithstanding, that was quite a read, Alex! I want this game, too bad I don't own a PS3.

Posted by MarkWahlberg

This is one of those times I really get frustrated by console exclusivity. I want to have emotional adventures as a footless man-thing too!

Posted by gla55jAw

Loved it. Played through in 1 sitting, after I finished I played some more. I think I'll play again tonight. Great review Alex.

Posted by Mystyr_E

Pre-ordered mine on Friday, now gotta wait for store to update

Posted by Shaanyboi

God damnit, this is one of the prime reasons I want a PS3, but this late in the generation, why bother?

Posted by big_jon

This review is OP.

Posted by Panpipe

Perfectly summed up my feelings Alex!

Posted by TheYear20XX

When it comes to games as art, this game says "don't stop believin'."

Posted by ptc

360 version please!

Posted by Ventilaator

Anyone else CTRL+F the word "experience" to see how many times it was used in this review? Journey's EPR ("Experience" per review) is mindboggling.

Posted by csl316

In Alex we trust.

Posted by Alex

@Ventilaator: Heh, believe me. I went hunting for better words every chance I got. Sadly came up mostly empty.

Staff
Posted by dekkadekkadekka

But what does Vinny think?

Posted by mrsmiley

I'l admit, this the only game so far that has made me want to get a PS3. Maybe that sounds silly, but up until now (uncharted series included), not much has interested me the way this game has.

Posted by Nevi

I got it early on EU PS+, I started it up last night and figured I try it out for twenty minutes, and ended up playing a full journey for three hours. I was grinning from ear to ear for most of that.

Posted by dirk_beefhammer
Posted by Zamir
Posted by HarlechQuinn

So far I would say that Journey was the most satisfying gaming experience I had so far this year! The multiplayer is awesome... In my first run through I "lost" my companion in the last level, which made me feel really sad somehow as we traveld through most of the levels together, I even waited for 15 minutes at the level exit for him/her desperately "singing"...

Today I finished the game with a companion and received a friend request afterwards, just because of the shared experience...

So as much as enjoy the occasional griefing or coop in other games, nothing came close to the Journey experience, this multiplayer left a fuzzy warm feeling inside this old cynical's heart... which is a good thing I guess...

Posted by BoG

I'm not going to read this. I'm trying not to think about this game. I'm trying to go in with zero expectations. Of course, I expect it to be the best game since Braid. But if I think about it too much, I might be let down. HURRY UP SONY UPDATE THE STORE I NEED THIS GAME THX.

Posted by Grissefar

@Alex said:

@Ventilaator: Heh, believe me. I went hunting for better words every chance I got. Sadly came up mostly empty.

Perhaps you have a secret desire to have an "experience" - if you know what I mean.

Posted by Etnos

Game of the Year(s) material for me.

Edited by Fontelroy

This game has supplanted portal as my current favorite, maybe there's something to a short, cheap game made up of entirely no filler?

Posted by Gaff

@Shaanyboi: To be fair... You could probably pick one up really cheap nowadays.

Posted by BenderUnit22

Great review, Alex. Pretty much sums up everything I went through. Played the game 5 times start to finish and it's still magical. I hope it sells well, looking forward to many more travelers.

Posted by Cazamalos

great review but i really don't need a review of Joruney

Flower sold me on all the future releases of thatgamecompany

Posted by UbeRNooB24

cool game. like how its about a pilgrimage of sorts.

Posted by Animasta

I have a valid nitpick

no PC version D:

Posted by Linkster7

Great review Alex.

Posted by CJduke

I pre-ordered, waiting for PSN to update so I can finally play! It looks amazing!

Posted by dirtyharry

still cleaning the fluids off of my desk from the first half of this review.

Posted by Manlyzar

great review, this game is truly incredible

Posted by jonny_mung

@dekkadekkadekka said:

But what does Vinny think?

Vinny likes it barren

Posted by supermonkey122

I approve of this review.

• 132 results