43 Comments
Edited by Alpha1

Nice review cant wait to download this

Posted by MagusMaleficus

With the shitload of songs I have on my hard drive (and surely more to come), this is pretty much a no-brainer for me. Happy to hear it's not a waste of time.

Posted by TheYear20XX

Why even call it Blitz if you can't tackle guys after the song is over?

Posted by Xevabis

Good review, planned on getting this ever since they announced it. Also, the editor's note is awesome.

Posted by Animasta

no sexual relations? awwww

also ryan finally reviews another game! woo

Posted by mcmax3000

I've been lucky enough to be playing it all weekend. For a simple little downloadable title, it's surprisingly deep.

Posted by hollitz

This would have been a 5-star review if John Drake did his job a little better and made the relationships sexual. Shame on you, Drake.

Posted by The_Nubster

@hollitz said:

This would have been a 5-star review if John Drake did his job a little better and made the relationships sexual. Shame on you, Drake.

He did. Ryan just doesn't know it. Yet.

Posted by bkbroiler

This looks really fun, and I think I have a decent amount of DLC on my account... I just don't know how many of my friends I would be competing against when playing this.

Posted by rmanthorp

I'm glad I skipped some SOA games because I am going to pick this up.

The note is amazing - THEY R FRIENDS WITH HARMONIX SO THEY GAVE IT GUD REVIEWS! Who genuinely thinks like that?

Posted by MarkWahlberg

So you're saying John Drake puts out for better reviews? Is that what I'm reading here?

Posted by Daveyo520

Congrats on shill... I am mean promoting a good game

Posted by Little_Socrates

Yaaaaaay.

This was already purchased the moment it was announced, though.

Posted by Phatmac

Yay! Ryan finally reviews something!

Posted by villo

Not sexual?! I thought I was seeing the longest foreplay ever recorded.

Game looks good, tho.

Posted by HT101

This is definitely a purchase this week. I'll need to add some points but that's alright. If anyone is looking for someone else to compete against on 360 if you don't think many of your friends will be playing this, send a FR to HT101.

Posted by DanteFaustEsq

While as a whole I find it unnecessary for the editors note simply because I trust the reviews from everyone on the giantbomb staff even if I don't always agree, I have to applaud the preemptive strike on anyone who says they're a shill because they're friends with members of the Harmonx staff. As for the game it was sold as soon as I hear about it I adore amplitude and the added bonus of them making the songs you've bought pay for themselves earns high marks as well.

Posted by csl316

I guess I could ignore the sexual relationships for now since it looks great.

Posted by m2cks

JoCo being in one of the pictures makes me super happy- good taste, Ryan!

Posted by Kerned

@rmanthorp: It's important to disclose things like that, because there is the potential for the perception of a conflict of interest. I trust the GB guys even without this sort of disclosure statement, but being up front about these sorts of things is important.

What I'm pissed about is the apparent lack of sexual relations with John Drake. What is taking you guys so long?

Posted by Baal_Sagoth

I always heavily leaned towards the mentioned "everyone seems to have had their fill of expensive, living-room-cluttering karaoke experience" camp even though I did try a few select titles whenever the opportunity arose. That being said, I enjoyed reading the review and fully approve of the classy editor's note!

Posted by Atom

Buying this, if it becomes available in my region (US XBLA , from outside the US :P)

Posted by beard_of_zeus

This seems like a no-brainer, if you're already invested in that Rock Band ecosystem and have a shitton of songs. Plus, I played a whole lot of Amplitude back in the day, so I can get down with something that's along those lines, gameplay-wise. I'm surprised to see the number of mechanics that seem to be present in the game, with regards to scoring.

The only big gripe I have after reading the review and watching the QL is with regards to the competitive aspect. I don't understand (well, maybe I understand, but I don't like it) why so many of the social hooks in this game have to be external to it; I would have preferred they be integrated into the game. Hey game developers, not everyone has a fucking Facebook account!

Thanks for the review, Ryan. Nice "editor's note", too. Y'all have my full trust, but I appreciate you being up-front for everyone who might read this review about a possible perceived conflict of interest.

Posted by nanowerx

Sold!

I still play Rock Band 3 at least once a week, so even just the added benefit of 25 new Rock Band songs was enough justification for me. Just because the masses have exited the field doesn't mean rhythm games are dead. Can't wait to see what Harmonix has up its sleeves for the next generation of consoles!

Posted by sixpin

A brief recap of my comment over on the Quick Look; I like a lot of the games they seem to be cribbing influences form. It is a shame that the game requires FaceBook and tons of DLC for any real value, as I have no interest in either. So, I guess it is "No thanks, Harmonix." Bummer.

Posted by scottygrayskull

That you know of... heh, we've all seen those E3 party videos.

Posted by Axdemon

Man, now I gots to get my red-ringed/e-71'ed/constantly locking-up Xbox fixed because that's where all my songs are!

Posted by Redbullet685

So ready to get this. The songs included are very hit and miss for me, but its still very much worth it for $15.

Posted by Kerned

Do you have to have the RB1 and RB2 discs to import the tracks from those games? I have them imported into RB3, but I haven't had the discs for the first two games in a while.

Posted by Jolt92

Holy shit, Ryan review!

Posted by meteora3255

@Kerned: I think it just reads the file off the hard drive, the same file RB3 reads for those tracks. I am not 100% sure because I haven't gotten the game yet but I doubt it would require the disc to do a separate export for Blitz.

Posted by Ronald

I was buying this regardless due to the number of songs and the price since I can play them in RB3. Nice to hear the game is fun too.

Posted by headn00b

I don't have any previous Rock Band stuff (except The Beatles, sucks that you can't import that) but I am still very interested in this.

Posted by Arrested_Developer

"4/5, fuck you Eric Pope" -Giant Bomb

Posted by korly316

This all sounds really cool, but I don't think I'm going to really understand it until I play it. At least it's only a day away!

Posted by ZombiePie

No sexual relations with Harmonix PR MY ASS! Or I should say John Drake's ass:

Moderator Online
Posted by claudius

I think that, as someone who was once obsessed with the RB games and probably has 400 or 500 songs in my library, I'm going to have to pick this up. Plus Jessie's Girl has been my #1 most wanted song for YEARS.

Posted by dropabombonit

Seems pretty great, must check it out when it's on PSN. I played over 50 hours of Rock Band Unplugged and this seems more of the same so I'm sold

Posted by brownsfantb

I can't wait for this game. What time does XBLA update because I want it ASAP.

Posted by EternalHaV0C

Worth it if I don't have a facebook and a short xbox friends list?

Posted by skrutop

This should be a no-brainer for me since, like Ryan, I've spent an embarrassing amount of money on Rock Band DLC. However, I'm not interested in this game at all, and I am unlikely to pick RB3 back up any time in the forseeable future.

Posted by sikapwach

This is the most addictive rock band game yet. I can't quit playing it. They should've put it out before school started!

Posted by Bigandtasty

Not in, like, a sexual way. At least not that we know of.

So only during sleepwalking?