92 Comments
  • 92 results
Posted by Humanity

@JoeyRavn: The fact that they got rid of unique horesemen like Pestilence and Famine to replace them with Fury is kinda lame but oh well. I always thought Pestilence was the most dreadful of the horsemen.

Posted by Aegon
@project343 said:

This is, so far, the best post-OOT Zelda game I think I've ever played.

@Rincewind said:

The pc controls are so janky and weird.

I'm having a hard time with it.

Playing this with anything other than a controller sounds pretty dumb. Just saying.

For me, that prize goes to Okami, and it's also my favourite game of all time, but I haven't played this yet. Still, I doubt it could top Okami for me. 
Posted by Benny

@heatDrive88: What's ridiculous about it? That's pretty much exactly how Jeff uses the star rating, to supplement a review with whether or not he would recommend it to you, not to measure the graphics, story, controls and whatever else and score them out of 100%.

It's for this very reason that star ratings can never and should never be compared with one another and why people wondering why a game didn't 'get a 5' are completely missing the point.

Posted by bigdaddyjack21

I have been waiting all year for this game! Amazon can not bring it to me soon enough.

Posted by Zurv

@Rincewind said:

The pc controls are so janky and weird.

I'm having a hard time with it.

time for a 360 controller! :)

i had the same problem and switched to it :)

also, if anyone wants to see what it look like at high rez: http://youtu.be/mZ6eAd5M35g

It doesn't look as good as you'd think :( - game is still fun tho even with the less than high rez grafix :)

Posted by Redhorn

Just noticed that Death looks just like Raziel. Another cool homage to the games that came before it :)

Posted by ScreamingGhost

Looking forward to seeing this one through from start to finish.

Posted by Xeirus

@iAmJohn said:

@Sackmanjones said:

Gotta get the first one. Steam sale come on!

It's consistently $5. You'll be able to get it in no time.

I got the first one on the steam summer sale, I wasn't impressed... I was really excited to play it too, really bummed me out when I finally got into the game played for hours and was bored out of my damn mind.

Posted by Boopie

lmao multifaceted character development

Posted by Luck702

Great review. Loving the game so far, despite the lack of P.C. graphics options. Hopefully A graphics menu mod will be around the corner soon.

Posted by BlueLantern1995

Good review...I am trying to figure out if this is a game I should get...I have this, Transformer Fall of Cybertron, Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim, Epic MIckey 2 and a ton of other ones...

If I have enough money after getting the must get games I think I might buy this...it looks like loads of fun...

Edited by beard_of_zeus

Glad to hear this is a solid game. The ways that they improved on this game over the first one make a lot of sense. I enjoyed the first Darksiders quite a bit, hopefully this is just as enjoyable, if not more.

, did you run into any of the glitches that I saw reported by some other outlets? They seemed to range from minor (audio cutting out, system lockups) to major (straight up broken boss fights). I'm guessing not, since you probably would have brought that up in review, if so. Just curious, thanks!

EDIT: Noticed you had a slight typo I wanted to mention. Second sentence, fourth-to-last paragraph:

This earns you skill points that are spent on a two-sided skill tree, with one set of abilities focuses on direct damage and strength increases and the other offering a more magical route of spawnable ghouls that fight by your side, defensive bonuses, and crows that show up to attack on your behalf.

Should be ...with one set of abilities focused (not 'focuses') on direct damage...

Feel free to fix it, if you like!

Posted by Arlecchino

Damn, I was looking forward to a sequel with better PC options. The first one was also terrible in this regard.

Posted by kerse

This game is a lot of fun, and I really like the art style. I got a lockup when collecting a coin thing underwater though just now, that happen to anyone else or am I just unlucky?

Posted by Darkhollow

I'm glad this game is doing so well,I'm only barely half way there.

I hope this game will sell well so we can get Darksiders 3&4 with Fury and Strife.:D

Posted by dagas

I bought the first game just because I saw it for cheap, but I have not played much. Not going to pick up this game. Not really my type of game despite the high praise people gave it.

Posted by allodude

Isn't the preview image a big spoiler?

Posted by buft

@Luck702 said:

Great review. Loving the game so far, despite the lack of P.C. graphics options. Hopefully A graphics menu mod will be around the corner soon.

hey, what sort of stuff is missing? I only have a PC now and i'd like to make sure there is sufficient scope for me to scale the graphics as necessary to make it play t a decent pace

Posted by buzz_clik

@50hzShinsen said:

@JoeyRavn said:

sibling fisting

Thought I'd just remove context on that for you. No need to thank me.

First thing I thought of.

When I woke up this morning, I mean.

Posted by LarryDavis

"people who like to go overboard on the options will find Darksiders II's lack of checkboxes and sliders to be a little disappointing."

This is a pretty huge understatement, considering the game has literally no graphical options other than resolution and vsync (which doesn't seem to work anyway)

Posted by Tennmuerti

2-3 possessed weapons over the entire game?

i'm not even halfway done lvl 15ish and have had at least a dozen possessed pieces, not to mention you can buy them from Vulgrim too, i've been rolling with posessed weapons 90% of the time

Posted by dolsande

Ah ha ha, I like how Jeff references the in game items via their Legend of Zelda names. Nice touch.

Posted by dropabombonit

Good review. I found the first game so derivative that I couldn't get past the 5 hour mark. But I will five this a look when the price drops. Already spent my money on Sleeping Dogs

Posted by greenice

Seems like an awesome game.I really can't wait to play it.

Posted by probablytuna

I'll probably pick this up in a few months when I've finished the first one, and all the other games coming out this year.

Posted by VargasPrime

Played for a few hours so far (PC version). Definitely agree with Jeff on pretty much all points. So far, it's Darksiders, with some nice additions and tweaks. The puzzles and combat have been pretty simple so far, but again... only 3 hours in, give or take.

My only real gripe is, as Jeff mentioned, the complete lack of graphic options on the PC version. You can enable/disable V-Sync, and change the overall resolution, and that's pretty much it. No AA options, or any other advanced settings to play with, which wouldn't be too bad because the game still looks pretty good, but some of the textures are clearly lower-res than I'd hoped, and the visuals of everything in the menu system are blurry and/or grainy.

But aside from that, I'm definitely satisfied with Vigil's follow up. Plus, I could seriously listen to Michael Wincott read Death's dialogue all damn day.

Posted by phrosnite

@VargasPrime said:

Played for a few hours so far (PC version). Definitely agree with Jeff on pretty much all points. So far, it's Darksiders, with some nice additions and tweaks. The puzzles and combat have been pretty simple so far, but again... only 3 hours in, give or take.

My only real gripe is, as Jeff mentioned, the complete lack of graphic options on the PC version. You can enable/disable V-Sync, and change the overall resolution, and that's pretty much it. No AA options, or any other advanced settings to play with, which wouldn't be too bad because the game still looks pretty good, but some of the textures are clearly lower-res than I'd hoped, and the visuals of everything in the menu system are blurry and/or grainy.

But aside from that, I'm definitely satisfied with Vigil's follow up. Plus, I could seriously listen to Michael Wincott read Death's dialogue all damn day.

Apparently the in-game v-sync option doesn't work... You know you can enable vsync and AA in your video card options, right?

Edited by Terranova

Still very much excited for this i loved the first game so more of that with some improvements is good enough fro me, just need to wait until Tuesday for the UK release.

Posted by Darkstorn

Heard it's rough on 360, will be playing on pc with a gamepad

Posted by ZmillA

@allodude said:

seriously, no reason to use that image.

Posted by avyshue

I abslutely agree, the PC version is the one to get. Not a ot of fiddly toggles, but man, the framerate is rock solid. I had a chance to observe the 360 version at a buddy's house, and while he seemed fine with it, chug is absolutely extant.

Posted by lokey013

About to play it now....just downloaded the extra goodie codes....yavol!

Posted by genericHenle

@ZmillA said:

@allodude said:

seriously, no reason to use that image.

It's from 10 minutes into the game. Not a big spoiler.

Posted by spazmaster666

Damn it between this and Sleeping Dogs (both of which I purchased) and the upcoming Borderlands II (and even Dark Souls PC version) I now have even more games that I wish I had more time to play.

Posted by StriderNo9

Great review Jeff as always. I want this game.

Posted by mace_vindu

First game was awesome! Recently platinumed it on PS3. Looking forward on fully completing second game ^_^

Posted by gunslingerNZ

This game is incredible, I really enjoyed the first Darksiders but this manages to surpass that by a significant margin. The combat is refined and feels more fluid than the first game and the addition of a loot system as well as surfacing weapon stats really helps it along the way.

By far the best part of the game though is the incredible artwork. It's not a game that floors you with a high polygon count but it more than makes up for that with really beautiful landscapes and incredible character design. Can't speak highly enough of it.

Posted by mor911

This game is badass! It's what I always wanted Zelda to be. It's like a grown up version of Zelda. Must-buy for Adventure gamers

Edited by Brackynews

Some cross-brand synergy with Death Jr. would've sealed the deal for me. [ :]]

Posted by freeman223

looks like my kinda game but the artwork looks a little plastic.

Posted by malic3

eh, it hasmt gripped me yet, good game just needs more polish on PC

Posted by Elyk247

I need to play this soon. I should play the first, probably.