88 Comments
  • 88 results
Posted by Undeadpool

This game really should've had the subtitle (or even just the title) "Shut Up and Kill Someone"

Posted by Lifendz

I wants my Mac version!

Posted by Spiritof

Is this game Ryan Gosling approved?

Posted by FuzzYLemoN

Game of the Year, as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by KiddoMac

I just have to say this: Alex, your reviews are awesome. Some reviews try so hard to be eloquent by stuffing lots of complicated phrases in there that are only distracting from the facts. your reviews -- i find -- just bring the point across so effortlessly and elegantly. just had to let you know.

would read again!!

Posted by coaxmetal

A well deserved 5 stars. Game came out of left field and blew me away, had no idea what it was going to be and purchased it on a whim.

Posted by Xymox

Well deserving of a 5/5.

"You kill, kill, kill until there's nothing left but bodies."

- Giant Bomb

Posted by TournamentOfHate

Alex pumping out the reviews! Good work man.

Posted by SadisticWOlf

I love, love, love, love this game. But man giving this five stars with the number of technical issues is being awfully kind.   It is, granted, value priced which maybe justifies the rating, but I'm half way through the game and am flat out unable to continue due to technical issues. That's a huge bummer however you slice it.

Posted by Tordah

I should really play this game.

Posted by kalmis

Great review for a great game.

Posted by dropabombonit

Worth the money for the soundtrack alone

Posted by Incapability

Excellent review, I couldn't agree more. That game is simply brilliant, through and through. Very satisfied to have preordered it, knowing very little about it, at best.

Posted by Vextroid
Posted by dr_mantas

I agree with the review.

Posted by Christoffer

Nicely written review as always, Alex.

The game looks good but I'm not sure about my patience for these kinds of games. The "enervating but fun" -genre haven't really worked on me.

But I will probably end up bying it either way.

Posted by VarkhanMB

@Christoffer said:

Nicely written review as always, Alex.

The game looks good but I'm not sure about my patience for these kinds of games. The "enervating but fun" -genre haven't really worked on me.

But I will probably end up bying it either way.

I felt the same way about Super Meat Boy when it came out and ended up buying it anyway. Meat Boy and Hotline Miami are two of the most rewarding experiences I've played, if only for the fact that if you succeed it's all because of you.

I bought Hotline Miami strictly for the soundtrack after having seen the Quick Look and my intent was to never play it. I gave it a try one day and even though I can only play in short 15-minute bursts, it's a great fuckin' game!

Posted by LikeaSsur

"Why is there so much violence in video games nowadays?"

"This game is totally violent and totally awesome. 5/5."

Posted by Death_Burnout

This game is art, and I really do mean that.

Posted by probablytuna

@Nettacki said:

@msavo said:

I'm praying the Vita version being talked about comes through.

Same here.

I as well.

Posted by KlUMZeE

Great review, Alex. I'm gonna have to check this out.

Posted by geirr

Hotline Miami and FTL, what a year.

Posted by DickSocrates

@SadisticWOlf: But those issues are being sorted out and it's from an indie dev which comprises just 2 guys. Have to cut them a little slack. Going on about techincal issues that don't affect most people could really damage sales and that would be unfair in this scenario. With the resources they had, making a bug free game would have been a miracle.

It worked fine for them on the machines they had access to, there's not really any other way than releasing it to find out how it will work on other machines. Perhaps a public beta would have helped, but I don't know what reasoning goes into decisions to do that kind of thing. In any case, they are patching it frequently.

Posted by Gordo789

@geirr said:

yeah, really the two best games of 2012 for me.

Posted by betterinsodapop

Constantly driven half mad by brutal repetition and inevitable failure, occasionally satisfied by a well executed foe and cleared room, all the while serenaded with the eroded synth chillness...

"If you find yourself nodding your head to the background grooves while doing horrible, detestable things, do not panic. This is very much the point." Great job by Alex. This precisely describes my experience.

Posted by FalcomAdol

So what makes this good, instead of another shitty Postal game?

Posted by HalfDane1975

I dig this game.

Posted by WrathOfBanja

Patrick should have done this review.

Posted by BitterAlmond

@Gordo789 said:

@geirr said:

yeah, really the two best games of 2012 for me.

Ayup. It's a real Indie game year.

Posted by Cirdain

Game of the Year. I haven't even played it.

Posted by hakunin

@FalcomAdol said:

So what makes this good, instead of another shitty Postal game?

Well, maybe you could start by reading the review?

Posted by MetalMoog

Damn this game is good. I haven't felt this thrilled by video game violence since Manhunt. It gives me the same thrill of excitement caving in heads as that game did! I love the 8-bit retro art style and the pumpin soundtrack too. I can't relate to the comments about feeling dirty, remorseful or guilty while playing this though. I feel completely exhilarated and thoroughly amped up playing this game. Enjoying every second of wallowing in it's excess. I'm thoroughly desensitized to video game violence I guess, none of it makes me feel guilt or remorse of any sort.

Am I supposed to feel guilty or remorseful for being a cold blooded killer? Nah, it's a video game and it's excesses serve to fulfill my bloodlust!

Posted by jasondesante

hi alex

Posted by seek83

Looks ace. Pretty tempting at 7 bucks. Hmmm

Posted by YOU_DIED

good review. I picked this up after reading this, and I'm having a fuckload of fun. I honestly wasn't expecting to have to do any planning before initiating the meat grinding slaughter, maybe that's Call of Duty mental programming. You should do more reviews, I enjoy reading your writing.

Posted by dillonj9889

Legitimately glad Alex is on payroll now.

Posted by chilipeppersman

@dillonj9889: seriously. This review is fantastic, just finished the game today and came here again to read this. Fucked up game, great review here.