100 Comments
  • 100 results
Posted by cbk486

No achievement for you.

Posted by Animasta

break it down!

Posted by Mystyr_E

I missed the old days of wrestling: Million Dollar Man, the Undertaker/Kane feud, Bret Hart, the Rock when he was a bad guy who you loved like a good guy and not a Disney star....sigh

Posted by JStaunton

yay!

Posted by csl316

What does everybody want!???

(Head. The answer is head.)

Posted by Darthozzan

I have a feeling the wrestling fans of Giantbomb will really love this, but I wonder how good this will be for people who weren't around during that era..

Posted by Grimmy616

@csl316: What does everybody need?

(The answer is also head.)

Posted by Grissefar

Ugh, do we really need all these sports reviews? Think of the wonders Matt Rorie could do to Giant Bomb instead, with the WoW expansion and the Dark Souls DLC.

Posted by forkboy

I'm going to buy this so I can play as Antonio "Claudio Castagnoli" Cesaro. Because I love seeing these guys I watched on DVD in front of 100 people in Reading, Pennsylvania suddenly competing in front of 20,000 people on Raw. It's just a shame Kassius Ohno isn't in it this year, because reuniting the Kings of Wrestling one of the finest tag teams in contemporary wrestling (not that there's any bloody competition) would have been glorious. I guess I can always stick to fantasy booking this things in TEW though, can't I?

Posted by ArbitraryWater

Alex survived a hurricane to give us this review.

Posted by SuperSambo

@Grissefar said:

Ugh, do we really need all these sports reviews? Think of the wonders Matt Rorie could do to Giant Bomb instead, with the WoW expansion and the Dark Souls DLC.

Ill take sports over Wow any day of the week.

Posted by Redhorn

No Dudley or Hardy Boyz? God dammit. Sale lost.

Edited by TurboMan

@Mystyr_E said:

I missed the old days of wrestling: Million Dollar Man, the Undertaker/Kane feud, Bret Hart, the Rock when he was a bad guy who you loved like a good guy and not a Disney star....sigh

Those people are still around... I would say most of the bad guys in the WWE are highly like-able for people that enjoy bad guys.

Posted by Daiphyer

Wow. Did not expect this at all.

Posted by thornie

@Grissefar said:

Really dude? Wrestling is not even a sport. It's entertainment. Tons of gamers love wrestling.

Posted by PosableActionFigure

@Nekrokreuz said:

No Dudley or Hardy Boyz? God dammit. Sale lost.

They're in TNA, that's why. (Well, Matt Hardy is off doing drugs somewhere).

Posted by DonChipotle

I unconditionally love the WWE games. Hearing this one is actually good? Fuck yeah.

Posted by Grissefar

@SuperSambo said:

@Grissefar said:

Ill take sports over Wow any day of the week.

I was also referring to the format, as I personally find a Quick Look much less dry than a written review. Not that Alex is any fun in Quick Looks, even if he could do them.

I don't play WoW either, man but I would love for a good Rorie + Ryan + Vinny Quick Look of it. That shit would probably be hilarious.

Posted by myslead

this will be the first WWE game I will purchase ever since Day of Recknoning 2.

that tells alot.

Posted by TurboMan

@Nekrokreuz: All of the Dudley Boyz and Jeff Hardy are now in contract with TNA. I'm sure WWE has the rights to all their names and likenesses, but I doubt they want TNA guys in their current game...

But with the Create-A-Wrestler, you can download exact models of them that other people have made. Also there's tons of youtube channels that creates music with crowd noises so you can put their themes into the game...

Posted by SuperSambo

@Grissefar: Meh, this was not on my radar at all, but now I may buy it.

It served a use for me.

Posted by SuperSambo

@Darthozzan said:

I have a feeling the wrestling fans of Giantbomb will really love this, but I wonder how good this will be for people who weren't around during that era..

Wrestling fans of any other era do not count as human.

Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles

Suprising

Posted by Milkman

Oh fucking goddamnit, Alex. You're gonna make me play this game aren't you?

Posted by Milkman
@Grissefar

What a completely idiotic comment.
Posted by forkboy

@SuperSambo said:

@Darthozzan said:

Wrestling fans of any other era do not count as human.

To be fair, the Attitude era really was hit & miss in a lot of things. Lest we forget the Big Bossman driving off with The Big Show's dads coffin for one example. And all the stuff around Corporate Ministry was kind of awful. My point merely being that time helps us to forget the awful silliness a lot more. Besides, I sort of prefer 80s NWA

I'd really get a kick out of a wrestling game being made featuring all the old British guys. Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy, Kendo Nagasaki, Robbie Brookside, Johnny Saint, Rollerball Rocco, Jim Breaks, etc, especially with the old British ruleset, of 5 3 minute rounds. Of course, I'd really just settle for a proper new Fire Pro game.

Posted by Little_Socrates

@Grissefar said:

Wow, fuck. This the first time anyone ever typed something that made me want Giant Bomb to not hire Matt Rorie after a year of hoping they would. I'm speechless.

Posted by TurboMan
Posted by jakob187

The positive reviews coming out for this game are actually getting me kind of excited about a wrestling game for the first time since Here Comes the Pain!

Well, except for WWE All-Stars. That game was AWESOME!

Posted by beepmachine

I'm not going to play this, but hearing this is actually good is awesome. I watched wrestling like crazy as a kid with my grandfather so reading this brought back lots of memories. I kind of stopped around the time of triple H though, my memories are all Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, and Randy Savage. Looking at wrestling now is just sad; they lost their touch for wild characters.

Posted by Phatmac

Wow. A good wrestling game? I may actually have to get it.

Posted by CptBedlam

A good wrestling game in this day and age? Is this real life?

Posted by Winternet

I made a quick search for "Triple H's hair" on this page and got zero results. This review is lacking, Mr. Navarro.

Posted by Robaota

I actually can't believe I'm going to buy this. What a silly world we live in.

Posted by Brandino

From what i played it's easily my favorite wrestling game of this generation and the best out of the "smackdown" series. Even better then HCTP/SYM.

Really fluid this time around but my biggest complaint aside from the usual clipping issues is the graphics, specifically the character models.. It's 2012 and we are still doing this airbrush look? TNA Impact may of been one of the worst wrestling games but they did one thing that no other wrestling game has managed to do since and that was create the best wrestling character models and i wish THQ would take notes.

Posted by buzz_killington

Apparently this joint is HOT. Will be copping. Review is not complete though, due to lack of mentioning whether Attitude Era The Rock's eyebrows are realistically modeled or not.

Posted by Tim_the_Corsair

What does everybody love?

(Head. The answer is still Head)

Posted by Brandino

@Grissefar said:

Believe it or not some us play more then just FPS games and a lot of us love wrestling games.

This is a video game site that does video game reviews and guess what? This is a VIDEO GAME. Also it's "sports entertainment" God forbid GB reviews games outside of what YOU like. I don't like racing games or the slew of mediocre FPS games but you don't see me bitching about all those reviews.

Posted by Aronleon

Well WWE13 take my money I expect lots from you.

Posted by ImmortalSaiyan

I want a quick look of this game now.

Posted by radioactivez0r

Aside from All-Stars, which I consider an anomaly anyway, I'm not sure I've bought a wrestling game since No Mercy on N64, which is still the best one I ever played. I'm actually intrigued by this one, though.

Posted by MagusMaleficus

Shit. I guess I'll be picking this up sooner rather than later as I originally planned. TOO MANY GAMES.

Posted by iceman228433

Oh man they finally got it right I was just waiting to see if they fixed the dam servers and it sounds like they have so I am in. Great Review glad to see you enjoyed the game so much.

Posted by Rhagkall

I just love that second sentence of this review. Classic Alex!

Posted by phil87z

These games used to be my Madden but they didn't change much of anything year in and year out so i stopped buying them in 08 or 09. But have to say this whole Attitude Era stuff is really interesting me. I might pick it up for cheap. The reviews have all been pretty positive.

Posted by Luchen

This is one of the few reviews i've read from beggining to end and actually enjoyed reading and actually impacted my decission on a purchase of a game. Thanks a lot Alex.

Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman

Fantastic! I was worried I was going to hate myself for wanting to see the Attitude Era stuff. Thankfully, they pulled it off.

Posted by GorillaMoPena

@Grissefar said:

I know, it is really crazy some people want to read reviews of those games because they have interest in them.

Posted by DS23

Very happy to see Al Snow's classic intro repped in full here in the comments. First thing I did in Attitude on the PS1 was take Al to the world title unlocking Head as a playable character, and then taking the two of them to the tag titles, good times.

Posted by altairre

I wasn't going to buy this. Now I will but if I don't like it IT'S YOUR GODDAMN FAULT ALEX!

• 100 results