126 Comments
  • 126 results
Posted by CptMorganCA

I'm really glad this turned out well. I would be all over it if it were on PS3.

Posted by iAmJohn

Wow, I did not see this coming at all. This sounds like a Forza I might actually want to play!

Posted by Nyhus

The new Challengers are sexy cars. I might have to get this to live out some car fantasies.

Posted by Zaccheus

I find this very surprising. Good on the new devs to start out with a bang.

Posted by JuggaloAcidman

I'm gonna wait for this to hit bargain bins.

Posted by TopCat88

Does this have wheel support? (I'm sure it does, but checking) I have one I use for Forza 4. Strangely I'd like to use a controller for the open world driving and the wheel for events but sadly I don't think that will be possible without signing out of the wheel and back into the controller each time I change. Unless I'm mistaken...anyone...!

Posted by vaportra1l
@TopCat88 Yes it has wheel support. As well as clutch.
Posted by tourgen

wow! this sounds far better than I was hoping for! getting it.

But, I just got back from driving in Rome and Tuscan hill towns with swarms of scooters and 2 lane undivided roads getting used as 4 lanes + scooters/bikes lane-splitting. USA streets & traffic just don't do it for me anymore :) Give me some European open-world locations. Those bastards can drive!

Posted by RecSpec

Never played a Forza game, I should probably fix that.

Posted by walterbennet

Game looks fantastic. Though it seems like I heard nothing about it before it landed, other than the name and the Kinect gimmick. That's a pretty dumb embargo. Jeff probably would have been raving about it on the Bombcast this week otherwise.

Posted by kennybaese

While I'll probably be skipping this in favor of Most Wanted, I know a couple of people who are pretty big Forza fans who will be stoked for this.

Posted by jaycrockett

I love the driving model in Forza, but this demo underwhelmed me. It looked like a more boring Burnout. Still waiting for Most Wanted.

Posted by preheatedbibby

@Little_Socrates said:

It is weird that this game is good. Also, interested to hear Forza Horizon v. NFS: Most Wanted in the coming months...

Same here. Might have to wait for the NFS review before I can decide between these two.

Posted by Deranged

Holy shit, I did not expect that.

Amazing review Jeff!

Posted by j3ffro919

I've been counting the days for a while, but still surprised Jeff went 5 stars. The 23rd can't come soon enough.

Posted by JimmyPancakes

I guess this is a backup plan if NFS isn't good but what's the chances of that being the case?

Posted by brownsfantb

Wow, I might have to check this out. Which sucks because I already don't have enough time/money to play all of the other games coming out.

Posted by Chtasm

Give me regular Forza's driving model in an open world racing game and you've got my money. The demo just felt like a bad mix of Dirt 2 with some Forza sprinkled on top.

Edited by VibratingDonkey

Game seems alright, judging by the demo it's plenty more arcadey than I remember Forza being. Feels like a mix of DIRT 2 and Forza with the presentation of DIRT and a structure similar to Burnout Paradise. I'm largely ok with this. But I'm disappointed by the having no tuning whatsoever and the comparatively shallow car count. Half the fun with games like Forza and GT for me is taking a scrappy ass car, putting a quad-turbo W16 in it, removing the suspension and turning the wheels sideways to see what happens. Also don't know if I'm a fan of the Colorado setting.

...thinking about the demo kind of makes me want to play TDU. It's just much more fun to drive around in that game. Even though the physics are suckier, the cars are carsier and the world worldier. Oh and the automatic player population.

Posted by TheHBK

@Phatmac said:

@Phatmac
I don't get people that love driving. Driving sucks man.
In real life not in games.

That's only what poor people say. Can't be cool like me or Jeff.

Posted by MormonWarrior

I've...still got to play more Forza 3 before I get another one...I don't play a lot of driving games but I like them in concept...

Posted by synesthesik

When Mr. Gerstmann hands out a five star review we should all take notice.

But now the question is, NFS Most Wanted (Criterion) or this?

Posted by Ravelle

If only they would release Forza on PC or Playstation, I'm stuck with GT5 which I don't care about that much.

Posted by GERALTITUDE

FORZA.

This has long been one of the series that makes me wish I still had an xbizzle. Sweet review. Sigh.

also, "toeing the line between our world in the next" and the next I think?

Posted by MjHealy

I left this on my radar for a while. I started getting bored with sim Forza ao this seems like a good change in direction to me. My hopes have come true. I suppse I have to get this AND Most Wanted

Posted by Phatmac

@TheHBK said:

@Phatmac said:

@Phatmac

That's only what poor people say. Can't be cool like me or Jeff.

Yep that's what the issue is. A for effort.

Posted by mohasky

Looks like a great racing game. Hope it comes to pc someday.

Posted by Krakn3Dfx

I really like my cars to bump n jump.

Like in Bump 'N Jump.

I like cars I can hunt spies in.

Like in Spy Hunter.

Or cars I can change lanes in.

Like in Change Lanes.

Or cars I can drive hard.

Like in Hard Drivin'.

Mostly I just like to bump and jump though...yo.

Posted by RAMBO604

Forgot this game even existed until this review. Had completely lost interest in the series after 2 but sim/arcade hybrid Forza game I could get behind that. Maybe not at the moment, probably pick this up when its down to like 20 bones though.

Posted by Moonling

Too many great games. Not enough time.

Posted by HolyCrapItsAdam

Awesome that this game reviewed this well. Im surprised that the review is already out and the game isn't until the 23rd. When I first saw this, it looked like PGR almost with the "kudos" system in it and everything but after playing the demo, its not at all that. I wasn't super impressed with the demo but the quick look made it look more enjoyable. Maybe it was the hand-holdyness of the demo that initially turned me off. I am a huge fan of the Forza Series and this looks like a great addition. I am more excited for NFS:Most Wanted however so I might wait till this drops in price or get it as a christmas present.

Posted by csl316

Holy shit, didn't expect this.

Posted by Atlas

Man, quite surprised by this. This game was off my radar despite my deep love of the Forza games - Forza 3 is my favourite driving game ever - mostly because I wasn't so into Forza 4 and I don't like the annualisation of franchises, or the idea of a Forza game not made by Turn 10. But hearing that this one turned out so solid is making me rethink my position.

Might have to wipe the dust off the old Xbox 360...

Edited by BaconGames

I just wanted to say that no matter what I feel like this game would have gotten 4 stars but the 5 star rating makes perfect sense given Jeff's taste and experience with Forza and driving games in general. Shaun McInnis gave it an 8.5 so I feel like there's no doubt this one is a banger, just not what I'm specifically interested in.

Posted by Klei

Car physics seems wonky. Looks like you're driving on ice all the time.

Posted by SuperSambo

@Phatmac said:

@Phatmac

In what way does it suck?

Posted by yoshisaur

Warms my heart to see Forza doing so well. It's been a while since I've found a racing game that isn't "too" much or "too" little. Gran Turismo never felt arcade y enough, and other racing games take it to far. When I played the demo, it felt like Horizons really settled in the right spot and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Posted by Yurtigo

Nah

Posted by Kraznor

Isn't Brian Ekberg on the Forza team? Don't they usually add a disclaimer when a buddy of their's worked on a game they reviewed?

Posted by joelalfaro

I miss PGR :(

Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY

WUB WUB WUB

Posted by Zacagawea

God, going to be tough choosing between this and Most Wanted.

Posted by hollitz

I've always wanted to try to get into racing games and Forza has always been the series I mean to try...but they always come out at the same times as stuff that I want to play more. Alas. Back to Xcom.

Posted by AV_Gamer

Maybe it's just me, but when this review was first posted, it was four stars, now it's five stars.

Posted by dvorak

Yes, the Lancia Delta. An inferior car.

Posted by ddensel

Love Forza 4, getting this.

Posted by REVULSIVE

This is the racing game I've been waiting for. I cannot wait to pick this up.

Posted by SoulAssassin808

Love Forza 4, not getting this. I love racing sims and arcade racing games. And with Need for Speed Most Wanted I'll have the best of the two from the past 2 years.

Posted by jaytee00

Good review, enjoyed the writing in the first paragraph in particular. Game sounds interesting, shame it's not for PC

Posted by tysonwritesel

I'm so happy Jeff. Got it pre-ordered. THANKYOU!

• 126 results