60 Comments
  • 60 results
Posted by Rawrz

@NeVeRMoRe666: Fantasy Draft is sadly gone but franchise is still there in connected careers.

Posted by YummyTreeSap

Love the horse_ebooks reference.

Anyway, some of this stuff, as it turns out, actually draws me to the series. I’m not sure that I would have had any fun with the demo if it weren’t for players falling over one another after every play. Shit’s hilarious.

Posted by AndyMP

Opinions seem to vary between those who want a videogame style of football and those who want as realistic an experience as possible. I've been playing Madden for longer than I care to remember and it's the authentic style I want. Which is why I regard this step in the gameplay as the biggest there has ever been. If I wanted pure videogame fun in a pick-up-and-play packae then I probably couldn't care less about the predictable animations and suction blocking of previous years. What we have with Madden 13 is a step towards something far more believable and realistic than ever before. I bought but didn't play a whole lot of Backbreaker - but I was impressed by the animations and collisions and wanted that to be the direction in which Madden went. With Madden 13 they have taken the game in that direction using a formula that worked in the FIFA series and it's to be commended. It took a few years to tune it and perfect it in FIFA and I'm sure the same will happen with Madden.

Posted by LegendaryChopChop

While it has its faults, I've had some amazing games played on it. It's a lot of fun.

Edited by ThePickle

@iMort said:

@CJduke said:

Fuck you EA, lose the NFL license and lets get some 2K football back. 2K5 is still the best NFL game ever made

Could not agree more.

Would either of you say it's worth picking up today? I've been itching for some football games and I really don't care if it's a PS2 game or a game with old rosters.

Posted by iceman228433

Why in god name did you mention how badly they butchered the franchise mode if i had known they took out all the freedom in that mode I would not have bought this game you and every other review out there that said none thing could have saved me 60$.

Posted by Phished0ne

@AndyMP said:

Opinions seem to vary between those who want a videogame style of football and those who want as realistic an experience as possible. I've been playing Madden for longer than I care to remember and it's the authentic style I want. Which is why I regard this step in the gameplay as the biggest there has ever been. If I wanted pure videogame fun in a pick-up-and-play packae then I probably couldn't care less about the predictable animations and suction blocking of previous years. What we have with Madden 13 is a step towards something far more believable and realistic than ever before. I bought but didn't play a whole lot of Backbreaker - but I was impressed by the animations and collisions and wanted that to be the direction in which Madden went. With Madden 13 they have taken the game in that direction using a formula that worked in the FIFA series and it's to be commended. It took a few years to tune it and perfect it in FIFA and I'm sure the same will happen with Madden.

I couldn't agree more. Its just a shame that Tiburon has to work on such a tight schedule when it comes to releases. I have the feeling that with some time this could've been great. When the animations aren't FUCKING NUTS, they are actually really good and natural looking. There were a few times the physics got in the way of my running back, that was quite worrying. I was amazed at how great the models look this year, players and commentators actually look like their real-life counterparts, they dont look like basic bodies that just had unrealistic photos that look vaguely like people wrapped around them. Besides minor quibbles about player stats(Ben Roethlisberger having bad pocket awareness? tell me another fairy story), and issues with the physics engine, they turned out another good representation of Football. One more thing i must add, empty seats in Pittsuburgh during the playoffs? i know it was snowing pretty bad, but c'mon guys, no stadium hosting the playoffs would have any empty seats, regardless of weather conditions.

Posted by Killslayer

Also alex i was wondering if you had any issues with anti-aliasing on the ps3 version of the game. On my ps3 it's so bad during actual plays it looks like a ps2 game. And yes i'm using an hdmi cable in 1080p.

Posted by illmatic19

I don't get the horse_ebooks twitter page. Can someone explain it to me?

Posted by permastun
@honkyjesus said:

The Metacritic for this has been going down as time goes on, either the reviews were early gimmes sent out by EA or the longer you play the game the worse it gets?

Cheers.

"  the longer you play the game the worse it gets?" 

For me that's been the case. Everyday I find something I hate about it. Mainly the "Connected Careers" stuff, it's terrible after the good changes to franchise mode last year.